As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

spider [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Chu, AMFE has better info than me. Still I recommend a mail in ballot.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it is soooo dumb that election day is not a federal holiday

at least my university had that day off, instead of columbus day

(in large part due to 60s protests, and also all that anti-columbus sentiment due to the whole colonization / native american shit... ironic, perhaps, due to the name of my school though)

poo
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    yo imma vote for mitt romney cause paul ryan is a hot piece of man ass

• Options
    According to the law your employer should allow you to go vote and cannot penalize you for it. But in reality you still lose pay and such. Our Tuesday voting is a left over from being an agrarian pre-industrial society. It really should be moved to a Saturday.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    he does P90X

poo
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Good thing we don't let royalist vote.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

This is a sexist post.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    this is gonna be stupid but my first presidential election i had the day off work. how late are polling places typically open? like, should i vote early to be safe? i will be at least an hour from my polling place all day.

@Organichu

Polls in Pennsylvania open at 7am and close at 8pm. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Incidentally, if anyone ever has questions about elections or voting, your state's department of state will be full of resources.

thank you

so if i cannot make it to my polling place by 8pm should i vote early? or absentee? which is more convenient?

do all my homework for me, peon

I don't think absentee voting will be available to you.

Vote early would be my suggestion. Check your county's rules, I guess that link I posted was from a county you're not in, so there might be stuff you don't need to know/can't use. The operating hours should be the same state wide, though.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok thank you one final question

if i want to change my party affiliation is there any way to do that online or do i have to print and mail some shit

• Options
    @Organichu

I linked you the Philadelphia county elections commission in my post. It has information on mail in(absentee ballot) and early voting rules for the county. I didn't find times though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    this is gonna be stupid but my first presidential election i had the day off work. how late are polling places typically open? like, should i vote early to be safe? i will be at least an hour from my polling place all day.

@Organichu

Polls in Pennsylvania open at 7am and close at 8pm. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

I always take advantage of early voting and if that's not available I try to show up right when the polls open. No one is their early in the morning except old people while everyone will be there after work so it pays to wake up early (if that's an option for your schedule).

Incidentally, if anyone ever has questions about elections or voting, your state's department of state will be full of resources.

My precinct is like... just under a square mile, and even a decent chunk of that is the mall where obviously no one lives. Is that normal? I've always done absentee ballots before, I was shocked the precincts were so dense.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

if i want to change my party affiliation is there any way to do that online or do i have to print and mail some shit

Don't know, those rules differ from state to state. You'll want to check the PA Dept. of State or Philly elections office.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    damn

getting y'all to do my legwork for 2/3 questions ain't bad

this is an acceptable success rate

• Options
    it is soooo dumb that election day is not a federal holiday

at least my university had that day off, instead of columbus day

(in large part due to 60s protests, and also all that anti-columbus sentiment due to the whole colonization / native american shit... ironic, perhaps, due to the name of my school though)

I've heard that if you actually do comparisons, making election day a national holiday doesn't actually increase participation.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Good thing we don't let royalist vote.

We should get rid of all the monarchists.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

i dunno if you should switch to republican before you are a millionaire.

• Options

Don't know, those rules differ from state to state. You'll want to check the PA Dept. of State or Philly elections office.

I wish Virginia let me register with a party. I wish I could tell people I'm a card carrying Democrat. Because I'm super liberal and stuff.

lol I voted Republican in 2008

• Options
    Chu, AMFE has better info than me. Still I recommend a mail in ballot.

@Organichu

If PA lets anyone do mail in, that's def the easiest option. Some states limit absentee voting to the infirm, soldiers, and people living abroad and I'm not up on Pennsylvania's regulations.

Def check in with the Dept. of State and your local election office, chumeister.

Happy voting!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    cass, you should buy this book i did. i have heard it works really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-The-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336

• Options
    damn, this site says that i actually have to legit register again to vote all over to change my affiliation

i can either print and mail some shit or go to like, a dmv/voter registration office

or i can find one of those ROCK THE VOTE people on the corner

• Options
  • Options
    why can't i just do everything online

can i just vote and get my degree and work and get a blowjob and all that stuff with a python script

stupid life

being all protracted and spread apart

• Options

@Organichu

I always take advantage of early voting and if that's not available I try to show up right when the polls open. No one is their early in the morning except old people while everyone will be there after work so it pays to wake up early (if that's an option for your schedule).

My precinct is like... just under a square mile, and even a decent chunk of that is the mall where obviously no one lives. Is that normal? I've always done absentee ballots before, I was shocked the precincts were so dense.

I'm not sure.

I'm from a rural area, so my precinct covers like a quarter of the county (and our county stretches from almost Orlando to the gulf. I imagine in cities they're smaller to make it easier to get in and out.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    @Organichu

Here is the PA election folks website. Looks like you are right and you have to re-register. Sometimes though at the polling place you can change your affiliation. I did that before because I was a republican for a little bit.

http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt/community/home/13514

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    tumblr_m8wruhs9cE1re4ne0o1_500.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Something that really helped me with depression is working on my card game.

So if you ever feel bad, make something creative. it really really helps.

• Options
    nevermind, found the best

tumblr_m8w5lrXE8v1re4ne0o1_500.jpg

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I have the opposite reaction.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

can i just vote and get my degree and work and get a blowjob and all that stuff with a python script

stupid life

Actually I heard this on the Ed Show tonight. They were suppose to have online voter registration in PA this summer but due to the id law sucking up all the human resources and money to set up they couldn't get it finished in time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

maybe you should try creating things that are good

i mean, it might help

• Options
    Yes, my writer self is not a happy person.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I think you need to find your outlet. I wouldn't have had the same result from drawing or painting or attempting to make music.

• Options
    Feral, join your power to mine! Together we can finally destroy Organichu once and for all!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nailing bitches helps.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

stupid life

Actually I heard this on the Ed Show tonight. They were suppose to have online voter registration in PA this summer but due to the id law sucking up all the human resources and money to set up they couldn't get it finished in time.

oh yeah that's another thing

i guess i have to be sure i bring ID

which i carry around anyway because i'm an adult, what the hell, who doesn't have photo ID, LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Not enough shame on that blog. Too many comments.

• Options
    I think you need to find your outlet.
    Nailing bitches helps.

• Options

I think you need to find your outlet. I wouldn't have had the same result from drawing or painting or attempting to make music.

No one reacts to everything the same.

Especially on stuff like this.

When I'm down my writing suffers like a fucker.

My political ranting gets better though.

Maybe that's the trade off.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

stupid life

oh yeah that's another thing

i guess i have to be sure i bring ID

which i carry around anyway because i'm an adult, what the hell, who doesn't have photo ID, LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA

Is a proper id? Is it a state issued photo id? Doe is meet all the requirements?

And those who don't have an ID are all around you bro. 719,000 people or so in PA don't have an id that works for the law. Mostly blacks, elderly and the poor.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

No one reacts to everything the same.

Especially on stuff like this.

When I'm down my writing suffers like a fucker.

My political ranting gets better though.

Maybe that's the trade off.

it's like i can't ever succeed at helping people feel better.

This discussion has been closed.