As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Homeland: Claire Danes will be watching you.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Well, technically Brody
    DID go thru with it. He just didn't go thru with it a second time after his daughter called.

Best new show last year, hands down. I had no idea Claire Danes could play THAT crazy. And Damien Lewis was terrific, as usual.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Well, technically Brody
    DID go thru with it. He just didn't go thru with it a second time after his daughter called.

That scene with his daughter was fucking intense and almost had me in tears.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I thought that this show had claire dames and was all HELLO

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    This show is really good

people should really dodge the spoilers if they haven't seen it, not having any clue what the fuck is true at the start is a big draw. Also fuck the guy on the first page who has an untagged spoiler in his post

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

yes yes I'm getting to it

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I am usually not a big fan of the (spoilers for season one ending)
    "and then she forgot everything because brain problems" plot device. It always seems really forced and not how mental illness works at all.

but I will check it out because bale is always talking about it.

• Options
    You are not a fan because you didnt see it and it happened in a totally different way than you are assuming HARUMPH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I read what you wrote! You clarified on gchat and now I think it's better

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hmm
    I don't know that Lee Harvey Oswald was the same sort of case

How about the four army soldiers who were recently charged with murder when they killed their friend after he found out they had a serious plan to attack a base and kill the president?

• Options
    HEY YOU FUCKERS THIS COMES BACK TONIGHT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dang was I really the only person who watched

cause it was so good, fuck I missed this show so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    I watched, it was really good!

I was wondering where they were going to go after last season. Having Claire Danes go abroad is a pretty good move.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Brody's wife is a major bitch

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well
    Her husband's a terrorist

I'd be upset too

YoSoyTheWalrus on
  • Options
    I don't think she's a bitch, though she did act a little bitchy in this particular episode.

But I mean that's a pretty crazy thing to learn and in the way she did and how he acted immediately after. "It's not supposed to touch the floor". Yikes.

Dana continues to be an almost shockingly well written/acted teenage character. Usually the kid characters on these shows are the absolute worst but I love Dana.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HEY YOU FUCKERS THIS COMES BACK TONIGHT

Whoa wait what? I need to get on this.

101 on
  • Options
    Re: Jessica
    I think I'm annoyed at Jessica because she came off as pretty ignorant. Like I'd be pretty shocked if my wife told me that she was all of a sudden Muslim, but I wouldn't walk out, use the phrase "those people", and start tearing through the garage looking for evidence.

I actually got kinda pissed when she found the book, ignored Brody, and just threw it on the ground. Like, it's important to your husband for some reason. Maybe you shouldn't disrespect it?

I don't know. This episode really made me dislike her.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I think I'm annoyed at Jessica because she came off as pretty ignorant. Like I'd be pretty shocked if my wife told me that she was all of a sudden Muslim, but I wouldn't walk out, use the phrase "those people", and start tearing through the garage looking for evidence.

I actually got kinda pissed when she found the book, ignored Brody, and just threw it on the ground. Like, it's important to your husband for some reason. Maybe you shouldn't disrespect it?

Well, I think it's more
    just the fact that he kept it from her, combined with the craziness with his affair with Carrie he spends so much time alone in that garage without ever really explaining why and then she finds out that Dana knew and not her. I am not saying Jessica is in the right but I think her (over)reaction is understandable.

I'm sure it's also bound up a lot in just how different in general Brody is now from the man she married, this was yet another reminder of how little she knows the man her husband had become.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Really though, we should be talkin 'bout dat smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I completely forgot about this.

Good thing my dvr didn't.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Well, I think it's more
    just the fact that he kept it from her, combined with the craziness with his affair with Carrie he spends so much time alone in that garage without ever really explaining why and then she finds out that Dana knew and not her. I am not saying Jessica is in the right but I think her (over)reaction is understandable.

I'm sure it's also bound up a lot in just how different in general Brody is now from the man she married, this was yet another reminder of how little she knows the man her husband had become.

The second one for sure. Just more evidence that he is not the man she married.

• Options
    Oh FUCK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tanni0tanni0 Registered User new member
    gingermuslim.avi, hmm what's this. *clicks*

D:

• Options
    I see next week's episode going one of two ways:
    1) Saul dies.
    2) What we think is on that video....is not actually what's on that video.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    I see next week's episode going one of two ways:
    1) Saul dies.
    2) What we think is on that video....is not actually what's on that video.

Either one of those things would be terrible. I have faith in Homeland to be better than that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Oh, no doubt! Maybe we'll get lucky and something will happen to David - I hate that character.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My reaction watching this at you know, the end.

Ohhh fffffffff....

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    My reaction watching this at you know, the end.

Ohhh fffffffff....

It was the tv show equivalent of dropping the mic.

Fuck your narrative convention! Take a look at my GINORMOUS BALLS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The thing is though.
    They are acting like Saul is the only one who knows.

There is no fucking way he sat on his hands over this.

• Options
    You mean in the previews for upcoming episodes? I didn't get that sense but I try not to watch them too closely.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Brody said something along the lines of
    he's the only one who knows.

• Options
    SweetJohnnyCageSweetJohnnyCage Registered User regular
    I gotta watch Episode 2 tonight. Last week's was awesome. I felt that it was a little cliché that they asked Carrie to go to the middle east. We knew she would say yes. Not that they didn't act out the scene great (as usual), but I felt like, come on, you can't think of another angle to get here there other than "we need your help"? It kind of invalidated last season's ending. Was there ever a timeline established with how far apart Season 1 and 2 are? I may have missed it at the start.
    That smile when she kicked her pursuer in the nuts was brilliant. I can only imagine how her character felt, being back in her element and all. When she told Saul "I can lose him" she sounded so determined and positive that she was better than he was.

Jessica is such a bitch. Throwing the Quran on the floor like that was completely uncalled for. Granted, a woman in her situation, not knowing who her husband is anymore, his secrecy, being in the garage all the time, and other things caused her shock. But still, she just seemed like a bigot in that moment.

Dana's character is awesome. @Balefuego said that her acting is surprisingly good. I'm not so shocked considering her pivotal role in the first season's ending. Sure, she can play the annoying 15 year old with an attitude, but if the writers are vesting that much importance in her character, then they definitely needed to make sure it was portrayed by a solid actress. Just a thought.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    So I skipped this entire thread because I'm only 4 or 5 episodes in and don't want spoilers, but I'm having a really hard time getting into this show.

I feel like its just the Manchurian Candidate with terrorists, strung out to indefinite length.

Am I just missing something, because it doesn't seem like its worth all the praise it gets. Its an ok watch, and I'll probably power through and catch up, but I just don't see where this is award-worthy.

• Options
    LTM wrote: »
    So I skipped this entire thread because I'm only 4 or 5 episodes in and don't want spoilers, but I'm having a really hard time getting into this show.

I feel like its just the Manchurian Candidate with terrorists, strung out to indefinite length.

Am I just missing something, because it doesn't seem like its worth all the praise it gets. Its an ok watch, and I'll probably power through and catch up, but I just don't see where this is award-worthy.

What's happened so far in what you've watched?

• Options
    @LTM have you gotten to "The Weekend" yet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Spoiled just because
    They just drove past the professor's house under the flight line, where his wife then got a tipoff that he was being followed and put out the flag as a warning. Then she got her surveillance pulled, and she went and made contact with Brodie at the support group meeting.

Checked IMDB, apparently I just finished ep 4, "Semper I". The next one is "Blind Spot", which actually seemed like it might be a turning point from the previews attached to the end of 4.

LTM on
  • Options
    LTM wrote: »
    Spoiled just because
    They just drove past the professor's house under the flight line, where his wife then got a tipoff that he was being followed and put out the flag as a warning. Then she got her surveillance pulled, and she went and made contact with Brodie at the support group meeting.

Checked IMDB, apparently I just finished ep 4, "Semper I". The next one is "Blind Spot", which actually seemed like it might be a turning point from the previews attached to the end of 4.

Keep watching. Granted, I was hooked from like the first or second episode, but things get hairy from that point on.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Shows shouldn't take forever to "get good"

Bale just asked if you'd gotten to episode 7 in a 12-episode season to see if it had piqued your interest yet

That is not a good sign

• Options
    Ok you are pretty much just getting to the point where the show distinguishes itself from just being another kinda boilerplate thriller. (Though those elements do continue and are exceptionally well done).

I could write a long ass post explaining why I love the show so much and why it's award worthy, but I am on my phone and it's easier to simply say get to "The Weekend" which is a pretty much perfect hour of television and highlights what makes this show so unique.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]