As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lost Debit Card / Vacation

SilverEternitySilverEternity Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I am currently visiting my sister in California and lost my debit card on Venice beach. I already cancelled the card and will be getting a replacement (at home) in about a week. However, I have a conundrum now in that I only have about $14 cash. My bank does not have any branches in California so I can't go to the bank to get more cash out of my account. My sister can bankroll a few things but it's unfair to ask her to pay for everything for a week and I would like to have some money when I travel home. I did not bring my checkbook or any other cards.

Does anyone have a magic solution?

SilverEternity on

• JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    Are you signed up for online banking? Can you use it to send money to your sister, who can then just give you cash?

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Do a Western Union transfer to yourself?

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Have someone overnight you another card or a checkbook?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The online option is probably best, but otherwise I'd call up your bank and get that shit overnighted.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah the bank should be able to overnight it straight to you.