As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog VS Baby [CHAT]

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh boy, dinner and drinks team building get together at Dave and Buster's. Well, at least its free food. I'll have to see if they still have a Pump It Up game. Been 8 years since I played that game.
    Which one, the one over near the Gwinnett mall or the one in Discover Mills?

Actually, the one on Delk Road up I-75. I've only been to that one once. I used to go to the Gwinnett Place one all the time years ago.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Oh boy, dinner and drinks team building get together at Dave and Buster's. Well, at least its free food. I'll have to see if they still have a Pump It Up game. Been 8 years since I played that game.

I made that mistake last time I went bowling.

I was p intoxicated.

My skills had waned.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I never used to have problems with those douche bags approaching me. Oh no better not get caught in his gravity well. Now it's all oh look he's a human better fuck with him. And down here its always RESTORE THE WHITE POWER CLOCK TOWER or some shit

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Noel Gallagher can fuck right off.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    autoCAD is cool. Can't wait to use it.

Best AutoCAD tip I can give you is: unplug the mouse.

There is literally nothing you can do with it in that program that is not an order of magnitude quicker with the keyboard.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Played my first game of 6th edition Warhammer 40k tonight.

1k points Dark Eldar versus Chaos Marines.

I ended up winning 9-6 on kill points; tabled him in turn 4. He only had his Lord left - I could have played it safe and just gunned him down with a billion shots, but where's the fun in that? So my Archon challenged him to a personal duel.

Yeah, the lord wiped the floor with the Archon and then his retinue of three Incubi.

Then I gunned him down.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Which one, the one over near the Gwinnett mall or the one in Discover Mills?

Actually, the one on Delk Road up I-75. I've only been to that one once. I used to go to the Gwinnett Place one all the time years ago.

The Gwinnett one is more adult, but the Discover Mills one has a bowling alley and is next to a theater. Never been to the one on Delk Road.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    A twink is a gay 18 year old teenager, right? Or is that younger than 18? I didn't know if it was appropriate to call the teen the St. Paul rep was screwing around with a twink.

Twink is more than just young, it encompasses a certain look too. Skinny, no body or facial hair, maybe a little fem (but not full blown androgynous).

Oh. And I take it a bear doesn't have to be middle-aged. A bear could be 20 and have an extremely hairy chest?

Young bears are often called cubs.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    there's a fight beetween those bad eggs and my stomach. Let's see who wins!
    japan wrote: »
    Walking down Michigan. Very hippy looking girl with clipboard tries to talk to me.

I cut her off. Tell her I'm on the way to the hospital. Her face fell like a rock. I feel so bad I start consoling her. No no it's not an emergency my wife just needs an IV wait what am I doing I need to get moving.

I wonder if she will muster enough courage to bother another stranger after that. It's a harsh world lady ain't no petition gonna change that.

I tend to either totally ignore such people or give them a look of unbridled hostility.

Many resort to obscenities.

Cesca has to be particularly aggressive because they see the stick and assume she can't run away.

She needs to get a Mr. Hyde style cane, then.

And practice smashing melons with it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    2012-08-22-Don%27t-Walk-This-Way.jpg

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    @Ludious

Hey dude I finally read your zombie blog and it's pretty decent. It's unpolished but the overall story is about on par with the little commercial zombie fiction I've read.

This is actual good stuff, so don't stop.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

I'm saying bad eggs.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Walking down Michigan. Very hippy looking girl with clipboard tries to talk to me.

I cut her off. Tell her I'm on the way to the hospital. Her face fell like a rock. I feel so bad I start consoling her. No no it's not an emergency my wife just needs an IV wait what am I doing I need to get moving.

I wonder if she will muster enough courage to bother another stranger after that. It's a harsh world lady ain't no petition gonna change that.

I tend to either totally ignore such people or give them a look of unbridled hostility.

Cesca has to be particularly aggressive because they see the stick and assume she can't run away.

I usually go for the curve ball, bewilder them long enough to escape. I often walk around with my hands in my pockets, so if they ask me to sign something or try to give me a pamphlet I often go for "Sorry, I've got no hands." and keep walking.

There are so many of the bastards these days that I honestly can't be arsed sparing their feelings any more.

They can collectively fuck off.

I kind of wish Brum had the same rule that Stirling put in place where they have to have a little kiosk/lectern thing that they must remain next to so they can't follow people down the street. Plus it makes them significantly easier to avoid.

Wow, it sounds way more frequent and aggressive where you are than where it was for me in the states.

I saw it a bit in tokyo, mostly just people handing out fliers, but, I haven't seen it at all out here in the rural north.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sarks. Hello, dogg. :3

Hey Organichu. What have you been working on lately.

I've been coding a bunch of mostly facile, directed stuff. I've been emailing with my professor who's strongly encouraged me to focus on OOP principles to brush up for class.

i got a work study job! it's pretty sweet. i refurbish donated computers for this nonprofit that operates a computer thrift store and a 'bring a computer ask a question' open house and does discounted certifications and basic computer courses. it's nice, even if my coworkers are dumbs.

i start school in less than two weeks!! just bought all my supplies (sans textbooks). p excited and nervous.

i masturbated like two hours ago.

how're you?

What do you mean by facile and directed? Like stuff using a tutorial?

no, i'm coming up with the stuff freeform. i just mean that it's got a very narrow scope. instead of thinking 'let me identify a problem and then design a programmatic solution' i'll think 'ok how can i learn- via coding and not reading- about inheriting fields in java'

it's probably not the best method but it doesn't matter much now, anyway. school's about to start. nerve wracking!!
    When did you start the job?

just about a month ago, i guess.
    I'm really good. There is pretty much nothing wrong with my life at the moment and I've been reading a lot about bootstrapping small companies. Gonna try and see if I can't release something that's worth some money or at least a place on my resume.

excellent :)

• Options
    After dealing with submarine sleep accommodations for years I no longer have any desire whatsoever to "rough it" or sleep that close to another person.

I'm not coming over for fucking if you're not gonna hold me in my sleep afterward

Cuddlers are the worst.

• Options
    @Ludious

Hey dude I finally read your zombie blog and it's pretty decent. It's unpolished but the overall story is about on par with the little commercial zombie fiction I've read.

I appreciate it. I am working as hard as I can on it. Attention is a big problem for me and my doctor flat out told me he didn't prescribe meds like that. So. Anyway, I am trying to do a post a day give or take. I missed yesterday because I had some GPS questions I didn't get to ask until the afternoon. I was reading some 50 Shades of Grey excerpts earlier because I wanted to see just how far the bottom was, and now I'm sitting here wondering, "Is mine that bad? I can't tell. Oh God, "hatiest of hate" IS something I would say..."

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    2012-08-22-Don%27t-Walk-This-Way.jpg

this was me in nyc

919UOwT.png
  • Options

I usually go for the curve ball, bewilder them long enough to escape. I often walk around with my hands in my pockets, so if they ask me to sign something or try to give me a pamphlet I often go for "Sorry, I've got no hands." and keep walking.

There are so many of the bastards these days that I honestly can't be arsed sparing their feelings any more.

They can collectively fuck off.

I kind of wish Brum had the same rule that Stirling put in place where they have to have a little kiosk/lectern thing that they must remain next to so they can't follow people down the street. Plus it makes them significantly easier to avoid.

Wow, it sounds way more frequent and aggressive where you are than where it was for me in the states.

I saw it a bit in tokyo, mostly just people handing out fliers, but, I haven't seen it at all out here in the rural north.

On a weekday, if I walk from my office to any of the streets with shops on them it is routine to be accosted two or three times by charity twats that want my bank details. It's worst in summer, for obvious reasons.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Though this pomade smells like pineapples.

Hmn. Every time I dress up fancy I'm going to get hungry.

I guess I can accept that.

• Options
    I still can't believe that I applied my programming skills in a useful way in work today.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Passerbye wrote: »

I'm saying bad eggs.

I think my stomach is getting the upper hand, now.

STOMACH OF STEEL

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    After dealing with submarine sleep accommodations for years I no longer have any desire whatsoever to "rough it" or sleep that close to another person.

I'm not coming over for fucking if you're not gonna hold me in my sleep afterward

Cuddlers are the worst.

</3

• Options
    I'm sorry but Whomp is only funny if you've never been that guy. For me, that comic is a psychological drama, for you it's just Tuesday.

• Options
    passer, i like it!

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Dammit, I lost an appeal and I don't yet know why. That's aggravating.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    @Ludious

I appreciate it. I am working as hard as I can on it. Attention is a big problem for me and my doctor flat out told me he didn't prescribe meds like that. So. Anyway, I am trying to do a post a day give or take. I missed yesterday because I had some GPS questions I didn't get to ask until the afternoon. I was reading some 50 Shades of Grey excerpts earlier because I wanted to see just how far the bottom was, and now I'm sitting here wondering, "Is mine that bad? I can't tell. Oh God, "hatiest of hate" IS something I would say..."

Sometimes you sink into technobabble briefly, but even when your prose gets wordy it is nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing on the same level as those stupid novels (twilight, 50 shades etc).

• Options
    i have totally been ronnie in that situation. sometimes when i'm downtown (at a new subway stop i haven't used before) i'll come up and start walking... only to find out i'm on the west side of broad or whatever.

and rather than turn around once i realize it, i'll get to the block, make a right, another right, etc

:c

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarks. Hello, dogg. :3

Hey Organichu. What have you been working on lately.

I've been coding a bunch of mostly facile, directed stuff. I've been emailing with my professor who's strongly encouraged me to focus on OOP principles to brush up for class.

i got a work study job! it's pretty sweet. i refurbish donated computers for this nonprofit that operates a computer thrift store and a 'bring a computer ask a question' open house and does discounted certifications and basic computer courses. it's nice, even if my coworkers are dumbs.

i start school in less than two weeks!! just bought all my supplies (sans textbooks). p excited and nervous.

i masturbated like two hours ago.

how're you?

What do you mean by facile and directed? Like stuff using a tutorial?

no, i'm coming up with the stuff freeform. i just mean that it's got a very narrow scope. instead of thinking 'let me identify a problem and then design a programmatic solution' i'll think 'ok how can i learn- via coding and not reading- about inheriting fields in java'

it's probably not the best method but it doesn't matter much now, anyway. school's about to start. nerve wracking!!

Well, as far as learning by coding is concerned, it's pretty common to familiarize yourself with a concept by looking at example code and playing with it or using the concept and hacking something together. It probably isn't bad to do that.

• Options
    passer, i like it!

I'm pleased with the simplicity of it. Even before I put the pomade back in it was easy to deal with.

• Options
    I'm sorry but Whomp is only funny if you've never been that guy. For me, that comic is a psychological drama, for you it's just Tuesday.

You had me worried that today wasn't Wednesday. Don't ever do that again.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i have totally been ronnie in that situation. sometimes when i'm downtown (at a new subway stop i haven't used before) i'll come up and start walking... only to find out i'm on the west side of broad or whatever.

and rather than turn around once i realize it, i'll get to the block, make a right, another right, etc

:c

"is anyone watching me and pointing and laughing and going 'LOOK AT THAT GUY TRYING TO HIDE HIS SHAME! CANT EVEN TELL DIRECTIONS WHEN UNDER GROUND!!' oh god oh god better walk another few blocks"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    enhanced-buzz-23934-1345647560-0.jpg

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    At primary school we used to sign each other up for free tampons, using vouchers from older siblings ,magazines. Such a good joke and so embarrassing for fragile 11 year old boys!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    There is a time for cuddling. Usually its the time before sexy time when you're trying to get her in the mood. Cuddling --> Heavy Petting --> Goddamnit.. its period time already?!? DAMNIT! You could have told me before I came to bed to "cuddle".

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    enhanced-buzz-18261-1345649938-12.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Dammit, I lost an appeal and I don't yet know why. That's aggravating.

Back to the slammer with you!

Time to flee I guess. We'll see you when your alt arrives in his new city...

• Options
    edited August 2012
    One time, I turned down the wrong road downtown and called off an entire trip of errands because I was too embarrassed to try again.

Ludious on
  • Options
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

THE ATLASPHERE!?!?!?

GODDAMNIT

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    whenever read the word pomade i think of pomanders

then i clutch it to my nose

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »

You had me worried that today wasn't Wednesday. Don't ever do that again.

I'm glad it wasn't just me.

This discussion has been closed.