As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Collusion!

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I have decided TNA can save Aces & 8's if it turns out that King Mo is the guy behind the group. I still don't think it would be that awesome, but it would make me happy, and as far as I know that's their best choice.
    Okay, that would be amazing.

Who were the rumoured members of the group? Luke Gallows and/or Chris Masters? I can only remember that they were RKK guys.
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    I bet those goons are just like Claire Lynch and are people who work at Universal getting some side jobs. I'm assuming Universal has some stunt people shows like Disney. It's been a while since I went to a theme park.

Won't be long until the Internet finds out their real identities and harass them into quitting, then.

Speaking of the worst Impact since the move to 8PM:
    Last night's Impact did 1.72 million viewers, its best mark in months.

welp

All wrestling shows seem to get their best ratings on the worst shows. It's weird. TNA has always done that.

The name TAC sounds like somebody remembered they signed a guy named PAC and liked the sound of that.

Well you could also assume that the improved ratings could just be momentum from the recent shows...which have actually been quite good by TNA standards. This one was a missfire, but on a whole the product has been going in a much better direction.

Despite being a pretty mediocre to bad show, I do think they successfully managed to make it come across like it was actually important, which is something the last few shows have lacked.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I've always said that the ratings of a wrestling show reflect the quality of last week's episode.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Huh, my CW affiliate doesn't air the Vortexx block till Sunday. Anyone see Saturday Morning Slam yet? Kinda funny that the "no neck moves" thing is a SELLING POINT in the preview on xfinity. Just so long as that rule doesn't bleed over to all the over shows.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Sheamus Vs Del Rio, every PPV, because they can't afford new images for feuds..........

XLVtm.jpg

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    So most reviews of SMS have been pretty good. The "no neck moves" rule was pretty clearly in affect during the Kofi/Slater match but they just used arm bars and such instead of headlocks. One big glaring flaw was Santino coming out for commentary as US champ.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So most reviews of SMS have been pretty good. The "no neck moves" rule was pretty clearly in affect during the Kofi/Slater match but they just used arm bars and such instead of headlocks. One big glaring flaw was Santino coming out for commentary as US champ.

You obviously don't understand their target audience.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    How far in advance do they tape that show? If it's even one week in advance then I can imagine some screwups like Santino as US champ happening pretty often around PPVs because of how often Vince completely changes his mind.

Oh and I forgot to mention this earlier but PwnanObrien, Sara Del Rey hasn't started at the WWE yet and surely you weren't including Beth or Nattie in that Divas division rant on the last page?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    How far in advance do they tape that show? If it's even one week in advance then I can imagine some screwups like Santino as US champ happening pretty often around PPVs because of how often Vince completely changes his mind.

Oh and I forgot to mention this earlier but PwnanObrien, Sara Del Rey hasn't started at the WWE yet and surely you weren't including Beth or Nattie in that Divas division rant on the last page?

She's been training them though, and I imagine Alicia Fox was first on the list of "people who need to be trained by Sara".

Beth and Nattalia are good, but when was the last time they were in a lengthy match? They're the Reks and Hawkins of the Divas division.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How can she be training them if she's not with WWE yet?

Anyway, at a SD live event, Naomi (one of Brodus' dancers) took on Natalya. Kaitlyn was supposed to be in the match but had some travel issues. According to the report it was one of the best divas matches to date. Naomi won with Cameron (Brodus' other dancer)'s help.

During the WM28 rebroadcast on NBC, Rock was live tweeting his match with Cena, and said he tore his right hamstring during the match: "Cena leaps 15ft & crashes down on the back of my neck - tearing my right hamstring. Intense pain.. #IFinishedTheMatch"

The spot he's talking about:
    778cenarock_tn.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Finally watched Saturday Morning Slam. Wasn't too bad and the match between Kofi and Slater was good. One thing that kinda bugged me though was at a few points the camera cut away to the announcers right before a "nasty" looking shot or fall. I know the show is for kids but I think banning neck moves is enough to protect their delicate eyes. This only happened like once or twice so maybe I'm looking too much into it.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    All flippy moves are ridiculously dangerous. Frankly every wrestling match should be legally bound to be twenty minutes of courting holds and cravats. Maybe some transitions between the two.
    At the end of it the winner is the guy who has the nicest hair.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Pwnan that Dyvim quote was like weeks ago.

• Options
    Just saying...

he called it.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I was watching Wrestling Society X because I got my DVDs for it and it's awesome, and on the alternate commentary they talk about how MTV didn't want blunt trauma to the head. So they couldn't use chairshots and stuff. Dropping people on their head was fine though. In the first episode they had to remove the sound from a guitar shot to the head to make it seem less bad.

That's in the same episode where two people got 'electrocuted' and one guy got powerbombed into thumbtacks.

• Options
    I was watching Wrestling Society X because I got my DVDs for it and it's awesome, and on the alternate commentary they talk about how MTV didn't want blunt trauma to the head. So they couldn't use chairshots and stuff. Dropping people on their head was fine though. In the first episode they had to remove the sound from a guitar shot to the head to make it seem less bad.

That's in the same episode where two people got 'electrocuted' and one guy got powerbombed into thumbtacks.

Holy shit my respect for MTV just jumped a bit. Talk about being ahead of the curve.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Wrestling Society X was amazing and in a perfect alternate dimension it's still running today, possibly as the most popular wrestling company in the world.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Wrestling Society X was amazing and in a perfect alternate dimension it's still running today, possibly as the most popular wrestling company in the world.

Hopefully without Vampiro.

• Options
    With more Vampiro. The top heel faction is an eight man group consisting of seven clones of Vampiro with Kevin Sullivan as manager.

• Options
    That's like the pure definition of wrestling hell for me. Just throw in their opponents being clones of Big Zeke and Great Khali to complete the awful.

• Options
    Opponents will be John Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, Brodie Lee and the Prime Time Players. Matches will never last more than three minutes, two minutes and fifty seconds of which will be Vampiro offense. Vampiro ends every match with a one footed pin.

• Options
    Yeah I don't hold the PTPs up to those other guys levels.

• Options
    John Moxley will be the guy pinned in every match.
    His gimmick will be that he's a mute.

• Options
    So I'm guessing the Night of Champions card will be Punk/Cena, Sheamus/Del Rio, tag team scramble, Claudio/Santino, Layla/Kaitlyn, maybe Orton/Ziggler, and I have no idea who'll face Miz for the IC title.

• Options
    Dyvim trying to troll wirehead.

failing.

cut to a confused Diana Hart Smith.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I would genuinely love a stable full of Vampiros, not even joking.
    Basically imagine that picture of team Super Dragon, but with Vampiro. Dream stable for me.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    That match is the counterpoint I show to anyone who still defends any of Russo's WCW run.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i will forever love all of russo's run and i don't care

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0ydKOK86o

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The only problem I have with that match is the use of the lightning effect when they are up top. It looks like they could have switched Sting for the stuntman even with the normal lights on with nobody knowing. And it's essentially just a scaffolding match with a little bit of fire added.

• Options
    Scaffolding matches: All the danger of a ladder match without all that good wrestling getting in the way.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    When it comes to Wrestling Society X it's said best by Derek Burgan on the blurb on the DVD "WSX will join Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Firefly, and other TV greats in the pantheon of shows Americans were too stupid to 'get.'" Although I think MTV was the real killer. The commentaries talk about how the network was going through a lot of adjustments in personel.

I just don't think the world was ready for Joey Ryan's ass on TV that often.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    According to people who've played parts of the Attitude Era mode in WWE 13, there are no more button/objective triggers in Story Mode.

If that's true, I'm definitely buying the game.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I just don't think the world was ready for Joey Ryan's ass on TV that often.

And it is a god damn shame, too.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    F4Wonline.com is reporting the original plan called for a rematch between Brock Lesnar and Triple H at November's Survivor Series.

However, the plan is reportedly changed and the match is being penciled in for October's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.

It was previously reported and still stands that Lesnar is expected to be offered a new contract after his current one expires around WrestleMania 29. The financial numbers from SummerSlam's live gate and buyrates is expected to play a key part in the negotations as Lesnar was the top billed name for the event.

OK I might end up going to HiaC now.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    F4Wonline.com is reporting the original plan called for a rematch between Brock Lesnar and Triple H at November's Survivor Series.

However, the plan is reportedly changed and the match is being penciled in for October's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.

It was previously reported and still stands that Lesnar is expected to be offered a new contract after his current one expires around WrestleMania 29. The financial numbers from SummerSlam's live gate and buyrates is expected to play a key part in the negotations as Lesnar was the top billed name for the event.

OK I might end up going to HiaC now.

Fucking hell.

• Options
    Hopefully the rematch takes place IN the cell so they don't have to shoehorn the title matches into the gimmick.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    a quick heads up for y'all

gavok over at 4thletter is doing a King Of Trios retrospective

it owns

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Is anybody seriously looking forward to Hunter/Brock 2, let alone in a HIAC? I mean, the odds of there being any blood in this match is slim to none, and there are only two ways the match even has a possibility of ending: either Brock beats a tired, worn-out veteran again in another boring, mediocre match; or Hunter pointlessly, needlessly wins, which makes Brock look even worse than he already did. Their booking of Brock is just completely awful, and the thought of them re-signing him after Mania has me shuddering, because the idea of him being paid even more money to do maybe less is awful.

This discussion has been closed.