As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - A Proprietary Blend

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited August 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well you can't leave out the semen. Gives it that zip..

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well you can't leave out the semen. Gives it that zip..

I'm going to argue - and hear me out here - that there are many situations in which you actually can leave the semen out. I would like the youth of America to seriously think, when presented with a situation, about whether or not it's appropriate to put the semen in. I would like them to consider the point that, according to numerous studies, putting the semen in is precisely what you should not do.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So... I'm starting to have doubts about the homemade hot sauce I have "fermenting" in the fridge now. Should I be adding some knuckle children and battery acid to it or not? If not, I guess the cayenne juice will have to do on it's own.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    ::walks into the thread:: "Hey guys what's u..." ::looks around, backs out again very slowly::

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    What's the rubber cement for? Or is it just a binding agent?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    My avatar for proper reaction to this comic.

Also slenderman alien hands on Tycho are creepy.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I think this is an issue we all can relate to, taking right from our lives.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Based on Tycho's kickstarter history, I can only assume these turned out to be a bust:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/714810375/elixirs-of-pain?ref=search

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    Crystal2112Crystal2112 Registered User regular
    Hahaha, I love strips in which Tycho dies. Don't get me wrong, I love Tycho and all, but the strips where he dies are some of the funniest ones IMO.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Hahaha, I love strips in which Tycho dies. Don't get me wrong, I love Tycho and all, but the strips where he dies are some of the funniest ones IMO.

430864523_CbNVs-L-2.jpg

Anyone have any other favorites?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »

Any comic in which the watch trades hands.
    215214852_vCdP6-L-2.jpg

Bobble on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Well, I was specifically trying to recall other funerals.

• Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    What's the rubber cement for? Or is it just a binding agent?

I thought that was what the semen was for.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I didn't even notice that he says "Aww jeah!" instead of "Aww yeah!"

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    well, the semen can't be the particular ingredient causing death. semen is apparently quite good for health, actually.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Gabe wrote:

Also, I picked up a new 3DS Xl this weekend and it’s pretty cool. The larger screen is great and it’s a nice piece of hardware. I’m curious though, am I the only one who finds it harder to get into the perfect 3D viewing position? It seems to be more difficult to get it right into that sweet spot where there is no headache inducing ghosting. I always seemed to have more trouble than my friends getting the 3DS to look right and the problem seems to be made worse by the larger screen. All the reviews I’ve read say just the opposite though. They say that finding that 3D sweet spot is easier with the XL. I wear glasses for astigmatism and I’ve always wondered if maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone else have this problem?
    -Gabe
    He's probably not going to read this, because I know they're afraid of the PA forum-goers, but I've had the same issue. Not that I have much to complain about with the XL since I don't play many 3D games on it*, and the larger screen is actually a huge difference when you compare it to the smaller DS, DSi or 3DS, much less eye strain.

*I needed to pick up a new handheld since my DSL went kaput and the XL wasn't a whole lot more expensive than the 3DS, so I went with the upgrade.

• Options
    AgentOracleAgentOracle Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    I know this is probably going to come off sounding like spam but here goes.

I joined the forum just because of this news post. Well, specifically, I joined the forum because this news post contains a link to the Reaper "Bones" Kickstarter. If you play table top games, you should seriously consider backing this one.

Short reason: you get lots of minis.

Long reason? At the $100 "vampire" level, Two Hundred and Five miniatures, as of this writing. Including hordes of goblins, scads of vermin, enough sci-fi soldiers to start your own skirmish game, elves, dwarves, fighters, undead, pirates, devils, ghosts, fire elementals, nearly all the iconic Pathfinder characters, Zombie hunters, two squads of sci-fi soldiers, and a big bunch of other, equally awesome stuff.

And, well, if you back it, then it'll get closer and closer to the magical NEXT stretch goal, and this far, every stretch goal has improved vampire level, which makes us all more excited about reaching the next one, and so on.

So, yeah, that sounds like spam, but honestly, this is probably the Roleplaying minis sale of the year. Getting in now isn't really urgent, just getting in before Saturday, when the whole thing ends.

And... having just read the rules, I realize this is probably like promoting a kickstarter... which there is a blanket ban on, even though i'm just really, really agreeing with the news post, and telling you why... Yeah, promoting a kickstarter. So, i'll just report myself, shall I?

AgentOracle on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular

I thought that was a reference to this:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/12/19/

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You know why it sounds like ad spam? Because it is.

Evermourn on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Spud387 wrote: »
    Based on Tycho's kickstarter history, I can only assume these turned out to be a bust:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/714810375/elixirs-of-pain?ref=search

The news post suggests he hasn't gotten them yet, but is thinking towards the uncertain future.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I could not in good faith fund an edible.product on kickstarter.

Primarily for the reasons tycho has outlined.

Exclusions would include some sort of hotdog injected with cheese and wrapped in bacon and cola. Both of which are pretty much all chemicals anyway.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    well, the semen can't be the particular ingredient causing death. semen is apparently quite good for health, actually.

sending this to every woman I know

brb

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular

430864523_CbNVs-L-2.jpg

I never noticed the urn matches his shirt. That was a nice touch.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Funny that the semen is probably the least dangerous ingredient in that sauce.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Lux wrote: »

I thought that was a reference to this:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/12/19/

It's...it's just a slang word

Some dude really thinks he invented it last week?

• Options
    DexOZDexOZ Registered User regular

any excuse to trot out a couple of my faves, and the third panels are ... kind of like funerals ...

404610145_FKBZR-L-2.jpg

215523857_ho9Ab-L-2.jpg

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    You know why it sounds like ad spam? Because it is.

I'm trying to be mad at him, but I just can't do it. That deal is genuinely awesome, and keeps getting better. I need to start clicking on Jerry's KS links more often.