As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holiday Suggestions

headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I turn 21 in June and my girlfriend and I are thinking of going on holiday around then.

We have no idea where we would like to go though. Basically I'm just looking for suggestions. We prefer holidays with lots of sights to see and also some good shopping. Neither of us are interested in drinking, and my girlfriend generally doesn't feel safe going out late at night, so somewhere with lots to do during the day is a safer bet. Good weather is also preferable. Price isn't so much of an issue as it's likely my parents would put some cash towards it.

Oh, we live in the UK and are going to London next week, so only suggestions outside of Britain please.

One other stipulation is that I will refuse flat out to go somewhere like Australia where there is a likelihood of encountering Spiders. I am terrified of Spiders. I've been to Florida before and that didn't bother me so feel free to recommend anywhere in America, just no where that's worse than that please.

Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
headn00b on

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was born in Canada, so I'll toss a recommendation out for that. Specifically, I'd suggest the Rocky Mountains out west. Beautiful. Spectacular. Also, there's good shopping in Vancouver.

For a place where you'll never be lacking for things to do (and ways to spend your parents' money), why not visit New York City?

Alternately, how about China or Japan? Thailand? I hear New Zealand's incredible.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    LoataLoata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Italy? Or do you want something in America?

Loata on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    St. Barth's if you have the $$$. Best island ever!

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, I forgot one: Capri.

Seriously. Great shopping, creepy and interesting history, incredible food, unbelievably beautiful, and even fairly convenient to London (-> Rome-Naples-Capri).

The water around Capri is unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    LoataLoata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

And it is actually a pretty cool place. There is enough on the Strip to occupy you for a good week.

Loata on
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Krakow.

Cheap vodka, lots of students...

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    corcorigan wrote: »
    Krakow.

Cheap vodka, lots of students...
    Neither of us are interested in drinking

As a fellow traveller living in the UK, I'd suggest Barcelona as a good place to visit.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanks for the advice so far guys. Capri and St Barth's both look incredibly nice. I considered travelling around a couple of places in Italy so Capri is definately an attractive option.

I know I said money wasn't an option, but I think Japan would be stretching the budget a bit. I considered New York or San Francisco but really I'm not too sure. yet.

Oh and my girlfriend has been to Barcelona before so that's one place to strike off the list.

headn00b on
    Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos