As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MInimalist cartoon chars

firegolemfiregolem Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Artist's Corner
Been playing around with this idea for a day or two New-Microsoft-PowerPoint-Presentation.png

The idea was to build "something" as quickly as possible using Powerpoint

Any feedback on the style? I think it works well with a small subset of heroes, but its hard to go beyond this (too many blue and red hero designs :P )

What else could I extend the idea to? I was thinking D&D

Thanks
Stephen

I got nothing to sitewhore. Go here instead: www.nmcf.co.za
firegolem on

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Super hero designs aside, I feel like the image is very disconnected from the message. The super heroes chosen don't all match the "needed training" thing (Thor, Superman) and I'm not really sure how its supposed to be comparing it to African women

• firegolemfiregolem Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    well, as it says, some need help and some don't, so there's a spread of heros that do and don't need training. I did come up with the idea completely separately and then thought it'd be cool for my Mom's site, so I guess that causes the disconnect. Ill work on the messaging!

Although , try finding a black superhero that isn't just predominantly black, lol. (or that anyone would recognise)

Also, if anyone has advice on the background colour, that would be great. I tried a few different options, but everything clashes with at least 1 of the heros

firegolem on
    I got nothing to sitewhore. Go here instead: www.nmcf.co.za