As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What would you think about an Indie Games forum?

124»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's up now. Go look at it. GO. FEAST YOUR EYES.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Looks good. Nice work.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    current status: feasting

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Here's hoping for a good selection of new indie games to look through.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eusolaceeusolace Game Designer and IP Developer VancouverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the new forum and post Tube!

-Sage

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    If we want to start a thread about any of the Steam Greenlight games, I assume it should be in this forum, correct?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    If we want to start a thread about any of the Steam Greenlight games, I assume it should be in this forum, correct?

Actually, both the instructions here and the announcement on the forum say to PM Tube about it. I dunno if an official "rules" post will be going up in the subforum, but he's the gatekeeper.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I like it. We should do that.

• Options
    A slightly vexatious thing I've just discovered about our software is that it's not possible to subscribe to subcategories. This means you can't subscribe to the Indie Games forum, only to G&T as a whole (don't do that. seriously). It seems like a low traffic forum like the IG forum would benefit a lot from people being able to subscribe to it, but I would have to give it its own category. Hum. Hummmmmmmm. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    It could be possible to give Games and Technology one category, and then another category for, I dunno what you'd call it, niche forums, in which you can put the indie forum + moe's.

That is, if having a category just for the indie forum is something you'd rather avoid.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Either that or see if IcyLiquid can have the functionality of subscribing to subcategories added.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    A slightly vexatious thing I've just discovered about our software is that it's not possible to subscribe to subcategories. This means you can't subscribe to the Indie Games forum, only to G&T as a whole (don't do that. seriously). It seems like a low traffic forum like the IG forum would benefit a lot from people being able to subscribe to it, but I would have to give it its own category. Hum. Hummmmmmmm. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Perhaps... You could start a master list thread, that you post in yourself every time new indie games get posted (with nothing more than the link to that thread, of course) which we could subscribe to instead?

No idea how much extra work that would be, but at least you wouldn't have to make indie games thier own category unless you wanted to.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Plugins, Tube, plugins.

Another thing you could do is create a locked sticky thread somewhere, and any time a new thread goes up there you post in the thread announcing it. Then subscribers to the thread will know something new has gone up in the Indie thread.

I wish the developers would give themselves avatars. It takes 10 seconds, and makes them not look like spambots.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'd love to see tech/indie games broken out to the same level as games. It seems like the point of sub forums right now are to try and kill off those subjects of conversation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If you think the point of subforums is to kill off subjects of conversation you might be a fucking idiot.

• Options
    You know what we do when we want to kill off a topic of conversation? Ban people from discussing it. This is pretty close to the exact opposite of making a special forum for people to discuss a topic in. My mind is genuinely boggled at your logic.