Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

RIP Neil Armstrong

1356789

Posts

  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    The only things that would qualify for beating walking on The Fucking Moon as an achievement would be walking on Mars, or eliminating one of the following: poverty, hunger, war or cancer.

    That's pretty much the list, right there.

    sig.gif
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    "complications from heart surgery"

    or did the moon curse finally strike
    It is not a very effective curse.

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Uriel wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    "complications from heart surgery"

    or did the moon curse finally strike
    It is not a very effective curse.

    No, it's just that everyone who's gone to the moon is a king among men

    Javen on
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have a lot of respect for astronauts.

    They are smart, athletic, courageous and more.

    They are our superheroes.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    ThreeCubedLegbaDarmakJayKaosMadEddySpeed Racer
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    sig.gif
    JayKaosCentipede Damascus
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    too good for this earth

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Neil and Spacebat are out there somewhere hanging out.

    Neil lived a baller life. He lived a long life. I'm not telling anyone else how to feel about this, but I'm not sad. I'm happy for the dude living such a great life and being such a great dude. Party on in space, Neil.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    JayKaosSweeney TomTheStig
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    I'd call it a testament to our collective resolve and a strong indication that we have to be getting at least some of this whole science thing right

  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if I saw someone disrespecting Buzz Aldrin in front of me I'd have to take a swing at them.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Sassori
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Mankind's greatest achievement: deep fried Oreos.

    Walking on the moon is second, of course

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    Also there was a fear they would all get killed by space germs.

  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh man i forgot all about spacebat

    LRSpdfo.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    Mankind's greatest achievement: deep fried Snickers bars.

    Walking on the moon is second, of course

    Fixed.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    moon22.jpg

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

    uWpxMId.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Neil Armstrong made it easy to be proud of humanity. Not many people can say that.

    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    Richard Nixon's speech if Apollo 11 failed was a powerful one,

    I'm just glad he never had to read it.

    Oh man this is powerful stuff.
    These two men are laying down their lives in mankind's most noble goal: the search for truth and understanding. They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by their nation; they will be mourned by the people of the world; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send two of her sons into the unknown.

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Neil and Spacebat are out there somewhere hanging out.

    Neil lived a baller life. He lived a long life. I'm not telling anyone else how to feel about this, but I'm not sad. I'm happy for the dude living such a great life and being such a great dude. Party on in space, Neil.

    Yeah, this is kind of my opinion. It does suck that he died, and I'm sad when nearly anyone dies, but dude had a nice long life, so it's not like he died super young.

    It's kinda like when my grandfather died. He was 92. That's a pretty good age to live to!

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think plenty of people would have jumped at the chance to go to space. More importantly, those early astronauts also had the determination and the intelligence to be the ones good enough to be selected.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

    that sounds like a one way trip to being dead to me

    on the other hand, you get more ass than a toilet seat at taco bell if you make it back

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    moon22.jpg

    "These people are in a tiny box! That's funny!"

    sig.gif
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Buttlord expects that everyone else is the simpering coward he is.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

    that sounds like a one way trip to being dead to me

    on the other hand, you get more ass than a toilet seat at taco bell if you make it back

    Exactly

    uWpxMId.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

    If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

    seriously think about this shit

    "hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

    how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

    You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

    that sounds like a one way trip to being dead to me

    on the other hand, you get more ass than a toilet seat at taco bell if you make it back

    I hope their wives understood.

    sig.gif
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Registered User
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.

    EyQGd.jpg
    DruhimDarmakI Win SwordfightsgtrmpFishmanSpeed RacerCambiataUsagi
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    ThreeCubed wrote: »
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.
    now, when we've had some practice? fuck yes i'll go into space

    then, when we just FIGURED we had it down? nahhhhhhhhh

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic Keyblade Warrior Always staring towards the distance...Registered User regular
    *slowly shakes head*

    God...dammit.

    RIP, good sir.

    steam_sig.png

    Wii FC: 2569 0668 1330 4703 3DS FC: 5455 9912 6458
    PSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354
    Steam Wishlist
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    ThreeCubed wrote: »
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.
    now, when we've had some practice? fuck yes i'll go into space

    then, when we just FIGURED we had it down? nahhhhhhhhh

    Nah, I totally get where you're coming from. But I'd still take the chance to go into space

    uWpxMId.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Seriously. It's motherfucking space.

    Well, to be fair as more and more people get into space, just getting there loses some of the magic. Like climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Everest doesn't really seem all that magical nowadays. It's still cool, but you pretty much just need to be pretty fit and have the cash to throw down and they'll take you to the summit barring terrible weather.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Seriously. It's motherfucking space.

    Well, to be fair as more and more people get into space, just getting there loses some of the magic. Like climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Everest doesn't really seem all that magical nowadays. It's still cool, but you pretty much just need to be pretty fit and have the cash to throw down and they'll take you to the summit barring terrible weather.

    sometimes they'll take you to the summit anyway

    you just die

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    man I don't want to go to space. I can barely deal with how big the ocean is

  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    As bad as I feel about his passing, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for the people who were operating on him

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    ThreeCubed
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    man I don't want to go to space. I can barely deal with how big the ocean is

    see i'm just the opposite

    i love the idea of just infinite space

    i want to experience even just that little part of it

    be there, be in awe of it

    just thinking about it makes my skin tingle

    LRSpdfo.png
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    ThreeCubed wrote: »
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.
    now, when we've had some practice? fuck yes i'll go into space

    then, when we just FIGURED we had it down? nahhhhhhhhh

    Nah, I totally get where you're coming from. But I'd still take the chance to go into space

    Same.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God DAMN IT

    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    neil armstrong posthumously elected god-emperor of mankind

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Son of a...

    RIP Neil Armstrong. Without you, my childhood would have been more boring.

    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    man I don't want to go to space. I can barely deal with how big the ocean is

    The ocean scares me much more then space. The ocean just terrifies me.

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
Sign In or Register to comment.