As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD BYE BYE

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    If by 'mixed reviews' you mean some people thought it was wonderful and some people thought it was great...I could see that.

It's great, get it.

Wow, you are so wrong here. Throwing around words like wonderful and great. Such lies.

I think it was merely quite good...

So yeah, go get it.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it was pretty good, but not a DLC i'd love to play over and over like shadow broker

the story was really well done, but after six months of multiplayer, the actual gameplay didn't knock my socks off

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    It's funny because the gameplay was far and away my least favorite part of LotSB; based on gameplay it was just another ho-hum DLC. It had a boss fight that was probably more interesting than uh...well any other boss fight in the series really; but aside from that it was still just your run of the mill ME gameplay. EDIT: The ship was epic, the outside; but that was more visuals and design, and not really gameplay. The actual stuff leading up to getting inside I found pretty annoying actually.

It was all the stuff you could do, all the dossiers, and that fun stuff once you got there.

Similarly, in Leviathan, all the 'not-combat' stuff was interesting enough to carry it.

But LotSB is really an unreasonably high standard to hold DLC's to.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    So new coke/singularity drops thursday right? And it changes the one in the single player game as well?

Cause I liked the idea of an adept playthrough but I just couldn't get over the fact that Liara was a better adept than I could be (due to having class buffs for singularity on top of it matching shep's version) so I always ended up switching back over to vanguard or something.

I really hope this is the case, and they leave Liara's singularity the old version, so there would be a difference between the two. It's dumb enough when you share a 'big' class ability, when you get the worse version as the player that's just annoying.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    does it affect the SP version? that'd be nice

singularity hasn't been suitably impressive for a class skill since ME1

don't get me wrong, it was decent in ME2, but eh

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Singularity in single-player ME2 and ME3 is fine because it's just one tool in AdeptShep's biotic swiss army knife. Whenever Singularity wasn't appropriate, there were like half a dozen other powers to fall back on.

As one of the cornerstones of a three-power class, yeah, it was kinda tepid.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    As far as I know none of the balance changes for MP have affected SP? But that was all the soft update stuff, I don't know about the hard patches.

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Yeah, but you could take away everything and give shep a black widow and nothing else, and it would still do the job.

It's more about the fact it thematically comes across as 'weak', doubly so when you consider Liara. I would hope the big powerful space magic signature move could muster more than a 'meh', which is what it gets from me in the current form.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Nocren wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Speaking of which I like that Marksmen will auto-reload now.

Will be so much fun.

I tried my Revanent on both my Turian and Human soldiers. While I killed more stuff on my Turian, I had more FUN on the human thanks to AR's auto reload and my clip lasting a few rounds longer then it's cool down.

To think that I'll be able to combine the two....

Just had a thought:
    Patch is suppose to drop Thursday, right? New event this weekend as well. Could Hackette's debriefings over past couple of events have been hints about this patch?

there was a post on bsn about the puzzle theory and that the MP "storyline" is happening in real time and the strange movements were suppose to be about the reapers massing around london with all other operations tying into the main storyline along the way. its a nice idea... until he goes into the larger meaning and conspiracy theories that all the dlc released with max war assets and 100% GR will all lead to a winnable refuse ending with the last dlc.

Deaderinred on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Yeah, but you could take away everything and give shep a black widow and nothing else, and it would still do the job.

It's more about the fact it thematically comes across as 'weak', doubly so when you consider Liara. I would hope the big powerful space magic signature move could muster more than a 'meh', which is what it gets from me in the current form.

Single player has far fewer shielded enemies even on Insanity, so Singularity is an excellent biotic primer throughout the whole game

dN0T6ur.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Just noticed the Argus' power shifted entirely to the right (damage at X is now damage at I).
    And they buffed the Crusader a bit. Good because that thing is too damn heavy.

newSig.jpg
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    I find it pretty funny that the crusader is now a scope-less black widow.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    See, I wanted to use the Crusader because I suck at charging weapons (GPS excluded) but I could never get over the weight.

newSig.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Nice to see the Black Widow/Wraith buffs.

Didn't make sense that BW had 2x the weight of the Valiant with lower DPS.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Speaking of which I like that Marksmen will auto-reload now.

Will be so much fun.

I tried my Revanent on both my Turian and Human soldiers. While I killed more stuff on my Turian, I had more FUN on the human thanks to AR's auto reload and my clip lasting a few rounds longer then it's cool down.

To think that I'll be able to combine the two....

Just had a thought:
    Patch is suppose to drop Thursday, right? New event this weekend as well. Could Hackette's debriefings over past couple of events have been hints about this patch?

there was a post on bsn about the puzzle theory and that the MP "storyline" is happening in real time and the strange movements were suppose to be about the reapers massing around london with all other operations tying into the main storyline along the way. its a nice idea... until he goes into the larger meaning and conspiracy theories that all the dlc released with max war assets and 100% GR will all lead to a winnable refuse ending with the last dlc.

I just want a DLC where the refuse
    shows this cycle's last stand being ground out, then fade to black, then Liara's message

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well...seeing as
    The Reapers tend to take decades if not centuries I don't know if that is something you could do it the short amount of time given.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Well...seeing as
    The Reapers tend to take decades if not centuries I don't know if that is something you could do it the short amount of time given.

Why not? They were able to do something like that for

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    edited October 2012
    And it was crap.

If not a nice little gesture.

That said I have issue with what would
    A final stand be.

Would it be when all the main fleet forces are wiped out?

When they destroy the last few remnants of this cycle's space-faring life?

Dragkonias on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Hey @Orca on your soup page, the supposed link to that desktop skin actually links to Gruntasaur. what's the actual link?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

October 2, 2012

AT-12 Raider Shotgun now available as a new Rare weapon

Gear Items
    - Decreased bonuses from Densified Ammunition to max out at 10% instead of 12%
    - For the following items, any bonuses that maxed out at 10% now max out at 12%
    - Berserker Package
    - Operative Package
    - Commando Package
    - Warfighter Package
    - Expert Package
    - Stronghold Package
    - Guerrilla Upgrade
    - Combatives Upgrade
    - Shock Trooper Upgrade
    - Juggernaut Shield
    - Martial Biotic Amp
    - Omni-Capacitors
    - Responder Loadout

Singularity Power
    - Singularity duration decreased to 8 seconds in preparation for the re-design of the power in the upcoming patch

Shockwave Power
    - Rank 3 force bonus increased from 20% to 25% (May 9 balance changes missed this)

Wraith Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [102.3-127.8] to [117.6-147.0]

Crusader Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [573.4-716.75] to [630.7-788.4]

Argus Assault Rifle
    - Damage increased from [131.8-164.8] to [164.8-206.0]

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

yea.... good news if you had rank V of any of those other things. bad news if you only had rank V of the densified ammo. but on the bright side, the change is still... eh! baby steps, I suppose.

the weapon upgrades are neat though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    The Wraith is pretty much a mini-Claymore now. That's pretty nice.

Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Hey @Orca on your soup page, the supposed link to that desktop skin actually links to Gruntasaur. what's the actual link?

Ahhh poop. I'm going to have to dig through the thread and figure out where it came from then.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    The Wraith would benefit greatly from a rate of fire increase.

Yeah. Nothing major. Like 60 rounds a second instead of 48.

But I'll take the damage too.

• ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    Did they say what this re-design for Singularity is going to be? I haven't been keeping up to date lately.

edited October 2012
    It's a few pages back but to save time here you go.
    - Singularity power re-designed:

Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out

Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularity

Base cooldown changed to 8 seconds

Base duration of the singularity changed to 8 seconds

Base power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularity

Base power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)

Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)

Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)

Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)

Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes

Edit: Looking at that...they got rid of Expand.

Ah...that sucks.

Dragkonias on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    still quads-deep in BL2 at the moment, but really damn happy to see ME3 multi getting the patch attention it deserves :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Mass Effect needs Fight for Your Life mode.

Borderlands needs more powers.

If you could Fight for you Life in ME3 MP I would not lose.

Ever.

I also want Quarian turrets to be as useful as Axton's turret.

Orca wrote: »
    mass_effect_rainmeter_skin_by_rickf7666-d4h0vgi.jpg

...anddd my desktop now looks like this.

I feel like I'm on a spaceship already.

• ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    It's a few pages back but to save time here you go.
    - Singularity power re-designed:

Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out

Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularity

Base cooldown changed to 8 seconds

Base duration of the singularity changed to 8 seconds

Base power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularity

Base power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)

Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)

Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)

Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)

Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes

Edit: Looking at that...they got rid of Expand.

Ah...that sucks.

I like that that the last evolution detonates powers too. Should make the Human Adept pretty fun.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    It's funny because the gameplay was far and away my least favorite part of LotSB; based on gameplay it was just another ho-hum DLC. It had a boss fight that was probably more interesting than uh...well any other boss fight in the series really; but aside from that it was still just your run of the mill ME gameplay.

you know its funny, i was thinking the other day that me's combat just disnae really lend itself to boss fights. shadow broker was probably the best one, vasir in the same dlc was a cool idea but she was really just a bullet sponge that moved around quicker than ordinary mooks, reaper larva was dumb as heck and saren was just awful (whether on hoverboard or as a super geth hopper/muppet-looking cunt)

i reckon the best combat-centric setpieces in the game are the ones that play to the strengths of the basic gameplay with a wee additional twist eg the object rho waves or the defence of the missiles right at the end of london

Dude, Vasir rocked the house.

Fighting a Vanguard with a Vanguard?

Fuck. Yes.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    aye like i said it sounds like it would be fucking amazing, it was actually just a bit dull. also vasir was a terrible vanguard what with her charging thin air all the time

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    It's funny because the gameplay was far and away my least favorite part of LotSB; based on gameplay it was just another ho-hum DLC. It had a boss fight that was probably more interesting than uh...well any other boss fight in the series really; but aside from that it was still just your run of the mill ME gameplay.

you know its funny, i was thinking the other day that me's combat just disnae really lend itself to boss fights. shadow broker was probably the best one, vasir in the same dlc was a cool idea but she was really just a bullet sponge that moved around quicker than ordinary mooks, reaper larva was dumb as heck and saren was just awful (whether on hoverboard or as a super geth hopper/muppet-looking cunt)

i reckon the best combat-centric setpieces in the game are the ones that play to the strengths of the basic gameplay with a wee additional twist eg the object rho waves or the defence of the missiles right at the end of london

Agreed on all of this.

ME3 on Insanity makes combat feel generally tough - fuck up and let 1 or 2 guys get some uninterrupted shots at you, and you die instantly. I usually know when I'm about to die when I realize I'm not rolling into protected cover and have let myself get flanked.

The Object Rho fight was awesome in this sense - and I'd like to see more like it - where you're kind of bunkering down and really have to work to hold off the enemy from flanking you.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Another quiet day I see. No one has tried on the Raider shotgun or anything?

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Another quiet day I see. No one has tried on the Raider shotgun or anything?

I'm not buying any more packs until the next expansion is out, so I don't have the guns they've been trickling out the past few weeks.

That said, I'm getting kinda nervous; when I log on to play, there's usually only a couple of matches going on at once (like, if I drop out of a room, then queue up for another, it puts me in the room I was just in).

Better get the next expansion done quick, Bio.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I also want Quarian turrets to be as useful as Axton's turret.

Let's all just take one moment to picture the horror that would be a turret THAT GOOD on Shepard.