As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD BYE BYE

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    fuckin hell

THAT is how you drag me back into multi

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    TheSecretSeventh
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Some additional information here:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Announcing-the-next-ME3-Multiplay-DLC---Retaliation-14346449-1.html
    Three new weapons
    Collector Assault Rifle
    Collector Sniper Rifle
    Collector SMG

Three new Ammo types
    Explosive rounds
    Phasic Rounds
    Drill Rounds

Five new Gear Items
    Medi-Gel Transmitter
    Armored Compartments
    Responer Loadout
    Survivor Loadout
    Assault Loadout

For old times sake, the explosive rounds should immediately overheat a sniper rifle when fired.

Captain CarrotAntimatterDeaderinred
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    But should hit with about 50% of the damage of a rocket.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    apparently the forums announcement originally said there were 16 new classes, including asari huntress and krogan shaman (ie adept), but they edited it out after. also there was a drell with a homing grenade in the trailer so clearly theres loads of stuff they havenae explicitly mentioned yet to come along

man this looks great, i really didnae expect a dlc either a) this big or b) at this point in time

edit: also a batarian vanguard

Agusalim on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So it looks like that DLC prediction guy was right yet again with his Cerberus dragoon and new turians. That probably means the new geth drone is a grenadier or something.

Medi-gel transmitter - lets you burn medi-gel to revive someone at range?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Explosive rounds and rocket packs... explosive rounds and rocket packs.... Bioware? I would pay you money if you put those things in single-player.... My soldier Shep has gone far too long without the beauty of exploding ammo. And a rocket pack is the perfect companion to explosive ammo.

Ad astra on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Still waiting for Hanar and Volus DLC.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Quick question regarding Drell and the patch, did we get any other information on that?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Elcor.

We need some elcor.

• Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    Medi-Gel Transmitter? Is that going to mean rezzing fallen allies remotely? That would be insane!

Also, explosive rounds on my Harrier V with my N7 Destroyer and Barrage Upgrade V? How will that be even remotely fair?

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Astale wrote: »
    So, went back and reinstalled this, got all the DLC. Only to find out that while I wasn't paying attention there have been a truly staggering amount of bugs introduced in the single player, the ones I particularly care about being all the problems with weapon mods (the worst one, specifically, sometimes picking them up doesn't actually give them to you, and you can't buy them later on the citadel, they're just gone from the game at that point; and it's totally random which ones will do this in a playthrough, reloading savegames won't help almost all of the time, nobody has a clue what is causing it so there aren't any community workaraounds...). This patch isn't fixing any of the bugs either (map glitch and ridiculous animation errors such as camera-through-head and excorcism head-spinning during a convo as well). Since this round of glitches are being reported in threads four months old I'm going to go ahead and assume they don't give a shit about single player anymore?

Well fuck, I really wish someone had told me before I went and spent money on the DLC. Multiplayer is great and all, but I'm amazed some of the bugs I'm seeing are still active in the single player rank lower on the priority list than making geth farming harder. Is it paranoid of me to look at the store in multiplayer and get pissed?

Oi, what's this now?

In short 1.3 (I think that's the one, the one in I want to say May?) broke a hell of a lot of single player stuff. Some of it minor (such as hilarious cutscene bugs like clipping through Anderson's head or Liara talking to you with her head on backwards) some of it very very major (you can no longer get a lot of weapon mods at random, but it assumes you did insofar as putting them in the citadel store, so it's not just that you have to pay for them later, you flat out can't get them). Not only have these bugs been around since May, since that's when most of the threads on them I'm looking up were posted, but there is no evidence that the devs even acknowledged they existed. The only post even by a mod was moving one of the threads from general discussion to tech discussion because it 'didn't belong there'. Having experienced the cutscene and mod bugs personally in spades, I know for sure those are both legitimate issues. I've heard of a ton more which I didn't bother to confirm personally though. All since 1.3.

I have a save right before where you can pick up several mods and a workbench is nearby, and another later in a similar location (somewhere on Mars and Palaven I think is the name of the second one), and I tested them again after today's patch (wasn't expecting anything since the patch notes are pretty much all multiplayer). And yeah, nada, still broken. One of the mods picks up properly, but four others still do not.

No known workarounds by the community either. It still gets mentioned, but there is nothing in any of the threads as to how to fix it, and since there are only a few posts lately in those threads it seems people have given up on asking for fixes. Bioware has given no indication it even knows the bugs exist, which given how blatant they are, screams to me they're just deliberately ignoring them.

I'm wondering if they got tired of all the bitching over the single-player, but not the multi, and just decided it wasn't worth bothering. Which I'd actually agree with them on except they're still making DLC for the single.
    Oh, right. Leviathan supposedly can break a ton of stuff too, the most obvious one being the reset of most of the achievements tracked by the game in some versions (this also happened to me, though this one is kind of a "who cares" since they're not exactly hard to get).

Edit: If I'm coming off sounding aggressive, it's probably because the entire reason I went to replay ME3 with the new stuff was I can't play SWTOR atm due to, you guessed it, a huge graphics bug they introduced in the latest patch. I don't mean to come off as whiny, but given I've just paid for (through subscription and DLC purchase) two bioware products which I then immediately regretted due to them breaking stuff with patches, with not only no fix in sight but not even a sense of urgency....well, yeah. I'm pretty pissed at Bioware at the moment, and it probably shows. Trying to be more matter-of-fact talking about this stuff because of that, but I'm sure some of my attitude is coming through in the posts regardless.

Astale on
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Yeah, in that same thread a couple people below the OP mention a Batarian Brawler Vanguard

and that the Asari Huntress is an infiltrator

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Well, I'm certainly not seeing 10% extra credits for extraction. I just completed Gold, and ended up with 75k credits, even though we were pretty quick about the objectives. I saw "Extraction Bonus +1000" flash right before the fade to the splash screen, which isn't quite what we were told.

edit: ahh, it's not just me. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14345425/1#14346648 Servers need adjusting. Should fixed shortly :)

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I forgot about their history.

Still the fact that they don't even acknowledge they're the aggressors is annoying as duck.

Also, what the hell are they going to do once they liberate Rannoch? They still make each other sick simply by being in the same room. They're genetic culs de sac.
    Tali does go into that in her loyalty mission in 2. They can adapt to a world, but Rannoch is relatively easy to adapt to, since it has fewer environmental hazards (no insect life, mostly beneficial viruses that encourage a weaker immune system, etc). There would still be a period of acclimatisation, but it's a matter of years, rather than decades. Basically, if any Quarian alive today wants to live on a planet without a suit in their lifetime, Rannoch is it.
    Indeed, if I'm understanding correctly, there's a reason why Rannoch is their homeworld--not only is it the world that would lead them to have such odd immune systems in the first place, compared to normal, parasite-and-disease ridden hovels, it's the best chance they have to adapting. The fact that they get very bad colds, instead of dying from very close physical contact with other species--albeit with lots of drugs--is indicative of the ability to adapt (like everyone else). I guess.

It seems like a sort of heavy-handed (hah, Bioware) biological imperative to want a world in addition to a philosophical one like everyone else has.

I wasn't in the mood to pay for Leviathan, but having read over the story, the lesson I took away from it--as for the current universe, anyway--was, and this is kind of subtle: DON'T FUCKING WORK WITH THE REAPERS, DIPSHITS. That includes you, Geth, COLLECTIVE DIPSHITS. Because it worked so well for the vile Batarians! Jesus Christ, these "intelligent species." *sad facepalm*

That being said--it might just be me, but I appreciated the artistic touch of the biological influence of design to the Reapers. Probably not enough to pay money for DLC, but it was a nice touch all the same.

I'm confused about what you're saying
    Rannoch didn't lead them to have the immune systems they do; living in sterile ships for centuries has. There's even a big to-do about how hard it will be for them to readjust to Rannoch, and if you save both races the Geth can integrate with the suits to speed up their integration process.

There's nothing, really, about Rannoch that is unique as far as their livability goes; it's just their historical homeworld which for obvious reasons would feel important to them.

Plus as has already been mentioned, the Council continually refused to help them out with new, viable, homeworld options; furthering the various problems of being a spaceborn race.

The only 'biological imperative' to Rannoch is it's a dextro planet; but it's not unique in that regard.

The problem is that they flanderized the Quarian immune system between ME1 and ME2.

In ME1, their immune system was compromised because their ships were incredibly sterile.

In ME2, their species never developed a full immune system and their ships weren't sterile enough to take off their suits.

So you're right if you're using ME1 logic, wrong if you're using the completely contradictory ME2 logic.

This is Bioware. They may have done it simply because they didn't want to render the Quarians in their own Flotilla. "Hey, technically, we never said all their ships were sterile."

It doesn't help that the ME1 biology of it was hilariously flanderized as well. Classic Bioware.

Living in very close proximity to a lot of people, unless you are scrupulously clean (and even then), it's retardedly easy for everyone to get sick. If you were the Quarians, and could literally never get off the ships either, then you'd be wanting to (a) scrub those things sterile because the alternative is worse and (b) wear the envirosuits anyway because nobody wants dyssentry on a spaceship.

I actually constantly wonder how the the guys on the ISS don't get sick.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Challenges! Sounds like a good excuse to mess around with some of the trash underutilized weapons.

• tolragtolrag Registered User regular
    Medi-Gel Transmitter? Is that going to mean rezzing fallen allies remotely? That would be insane!

Also, explosive rounds on my Harrier V with my N7 Destroyer and Barrage Upgrade V? How will that be even remotely fair?

I suspect that explosive rounds will be of the Borderlands variety (respectable damage against all enemy types, but not outstanding).

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    That was actually a really good trailer.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    The only thing I don't like is more ammo. There's already a miniscule chance to get what you want in the pay for one time boost hell that is the entire equipment system. Everything else sounds pretty great. It's really the type of thing they needed considering how slow MP has been lately.

Their trailers are generally pretty good.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Challenges! Sounds like a good excuse to mess around with some of the trash underutilized weapons.

Should be interesting at the very least. If you thought pub games were bad before, just wait until 2 randoms drop in with GPSMGs because they only need 108000 more points with it.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Damn 90 character limit on the thread title.

Well, people are just gonna have to look up the damn event weekend requirements their lazy selves.

EDIT: And hot damn does the DLC stuff look awesome!

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Orca wrote: »
    Their trailers are generally pretty good.

Agreed. This has me excited, and very glad my bank is up to 2.1m. Figure a few games here and there over the next 5 days and I should be able to clear 2.5-3m+ for new class/weapon unlocking shenanigans! The hazard maps sound baller as fuck (a real reason not to camp constantly? Awesome, especially if the rewards match the heightened challenge/risk!) and as an admitted achievement whore (within reason), the challenges will definitely be things I work on gradually. As noted above, try out some weapons/classes that don't see a lot of activity, be nice to have an extra bonus for experimenting rather than just 'taking it off the shelf to justify all the otherwise wasted PSPs getting it to X' that can sometimes arise otherwise.

Edit: only downside? This drops the same day as X-Com. I'll tear away to at least buy up my booster packs, but I suspect most of next week will be dedicated to stomping out a different alien infestation on Earth.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Achire wrote: »
    The only thing I don't like is more ammo. There's already a miniscule chance to get what you want in the pay for one time boost hell that is the entire equipment system. Everything else sounds pretty great. It's really the type of thing they needed considering how slow MP has been lately.

It would also help if they released an Ammo Pack. Something like a Jumbo Equipment Pack but limited to just ammo. (An Incendiary Ammo Pack would be the ideal, but I'll take what I can get.)

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    So, they announce a Trilogy Pack for the holidays, but it doesn't include any of the DLC? And I was so looking forward to freeing up some space on my HDD. I was looking forward to giving EA money for things I already own! Does this have any point beyond ME1 for the PS3 or having a shiny new box?

• ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    So when you promote now, they don't automatically put a point into anything for you. I like not having to use a respec card to remove that one point!.

Captain Carrot
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The new additions sound cool, but Scions and Praetorians and shit are the absolute worst. Adding them to MP is the worst news.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Scions were fine. Total pain in the ass, but fine.

We'll have to see what they did with Praetorians, because I doubt Bioware left their mechanics alone.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    They have a sync kill, for starters.

s7Imn5J.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I forgot about their history.

Still the fact that they don't even acknowledge they're the aggressors is annoying as duck.

Also, what the hell are they going to do once they liberate Rannoch? They still make each other sick simply by being in the same room. They're genetic culs de sac.
    Tali does go into that in her loyalty mission in 2. They can adapt to a world, but Rannoch is relatively easy to adapt to, since it has fewer environmental hazards (no insect life, mostly beneficial viruses that encourage a weaker immune system, etc). There would still be a period of acclimatisation, but it's a matter of years, rather than decades. Basically, if any Quarian alive today wants to live on a planet without a suit in their lifetime, Rannoch is it.
    Indeed, if I'm understanding correctly, there's a reason why Rannoch is their homeworld--not only is it the world that would lead them to have such odd immune systems in the first place, compared to normal, parasite-and-disease ridden hovels, it's the best chance they have to adapting. The fact that they get very bad colds, instead of dying from very close physical contact with other species--albeit with lots of drugs--is indicative of the ability to adapt (like everyone else). I guess.

It seems like a sort of heavy-handed (hah, Bioware) biological imperative to want a world in addition to a philosophical one like everyone else has.

I wasn't in the mood to pay for Leviathan, but having read over the story, the lesson I took away from it--as for the current universe, anyway--was, and this is kind of subtle: DON'T FUCKING WORK WITH THE REAPERS, DIPSHITS. That includes you, Geth, COLLECTIVE DIPSHITS. Because it worked so well for the vile Batarians! Jesus Christ, these "intelligent species." *sad facepalm*

That being said--it might just be me, but I appreciated the artistic touch of the biological influence of design to the Reapers. Probably not enough to pay money for DLC, but it was a nice touch all the same.

I'm confused about what you're saying
    Rannoch didn't lead them to have the immune systems they do; living in sterile ships for centuries has. There's even a big to-do about how hard it will be for them to readjust to Rannoch, and if you save both races the Geth can integrate with the suits to speed up their integration process.

There's nothing, really, about Rannoch that is unique as far as their livability goes; it's just their historical homeworld which for obvious reasons would feel important to them.

Plus as has already been mentioned, the Council continually refused to help them out with new, viable, homeworld options; furthering the various problems of being a spaceborn race.

The only 'biological imperative' to Rannoch is it's a dextro planet; but it's not unique in that regard.

The problem is that they flanderized the Quarian immune system between ME1 and ME2.

In ME1, their immune system was compromised because their ships were incredibly sterile.

In ME2, their species never developed a full immune system and their ships weren't sterile enough to take off their suits.

So you're right if you're using ME1 logic, wrong if you're using the completely contradictory ME2 logic.

This is Bioware. They may have done it simply because they didn't want to render the Quarians in their own Flotilla. "Hey, technically, we never said all their ships were sterile."

It doesn't help that the ME1 biology of it was hilariously flanderized as well. Classic Bioware.

Living in very close proximity to a lot of people, unless you are scrupulously clean (and even then), it's retardedly easy for everyone to get sick. If you were the Quarians, and could literally never get off the ships either, then you'd be wanting to (a) scrub those things sterile because the alternative is worse and (b) wear the envirosuits anyway because nobody wants dyssentry on a spaceship.

I actually constantly wonder how the the guys on the ISS don't get sick.

The people on the ISS don't get sick because there's no way for any bacteria or viruses to get onto the station.

For similar reasons, it makes no sense to wear the suits on the ship. The only sources of disease would be supplies picked up during their travels, which are easily sterilized, and food, which the suits won't help against.

In fact, the entire reason that the sterilized ships are bad for them is because they never get sick! Without exposure to contaminants, their bodies aren't able to adapt to foreign substances. So if they encounter a foreign substance outside the ship, there's the risk that they'll react terribly to whatever it is.

And then in ME2, the Quarians are described as having allergic reactions to each other! /facepalm

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Scions were fine. Total pain in the ass, but fine.

We'll have to see what they did with Praetorians, because I doubt Bioware left their mechanics alone.

The Scions are not what they once were.

You see that giant hulking brute with arms like Paul BUnyan and a tendency to take melee swings at you, like a Husk Hulk with Megatron's cannon?

That is a Scion now. They are goign to be different, and hopefully terrifying

dN0T6ur.png
  • LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    I stopped caring about Praetorians in ME2 once I had access to the Cain. :p

Here, though, it'll be interesting.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    THAT TRAILER WAS AWESOME!

Also, it seems strange that they only announced two classes so far when their were obviously a lot more in the trailer.

I'm wondering if they'll be purposely staggering character releases week by week or something to keep more people playing.

Also...the Praeotarian's synckill looks painful.

Dragkonias on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    THAT TRAILER WAS AWESOME!

Also, it seems strange that they only announced two classes so far when their were obviously a lot more in the trailer.

I'm wondering if they'll be purposely staggering character releases week by week or something to keep more people playing.

I think it has more that they want to mitigate the whine train of "I DIDNT GET THE CHARACTER I WANTED, STUPID RNG YOU GUSY MICROTRANSACTIONS ARRRR" :P

edit: that said, I do want to see packs that actually have more than one consumable card awarded. 1 rank IV consumable instead of gear is meh. the chance of getting 1-3 of a rank IV consumable on the other hand? not so meh.

edit 2: it is better than the old way for sure though.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Probably a little bit of both.

tastydonuts
    They have a sync kill, for starters.

Let's not jump to conclusions. For all we know that could just be hugging.

Deaderinred
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Jetpack Turian excitement!

Deaderinred
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3: Retaliation MP DLC has been announced.
    Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.

Link

Trailer

I am SO FUCKING EXCITED HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Best part: it comes out Tuesday and I HAVE THE DAY OFF FROM WORK. I'm gonna be on that from the second it's ready to download.

Hot Damn!

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    edited October 2012
    Chris on the characters

Yes, 16 new characters, but not all will be available immediately. Only 4 kits will be available on Tuesday Oct 9 and the remaining kits will be rolled out over time. smilie

Man...I knew this DLC was going to be big...but it way bigger than I thought it would be.

Dragkonias on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    holy shit, 16 new characters?

Good lord.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I love the idea of releasing items on a weekly basis rather than all at once. With the past DLCs it would take me weeks to get around to fully playing all the new characters. Plus with items coming out weekly/bi-weekly it'll reduce how much hoarding I do. I'm currently sitting on just under 6M credits. It'd be nice to be able to drop say a million credits a week rather than saving up forever.