As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD BYE BYE

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    yoiks

Sounds like it'll be better to phase out your withdrawals if you've got millions in the bank.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I think with all the new challenge stuff they should decouple appearance unlocks to character cards, make appearance unlocks come from challenge completions; only need a single character card, and if they want they can just make a generic 'class XP' card to replace it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    They can't take stuff out of the store. They need to keep people spending.

edited October 2012
    With all the new weapons/mods that isn't a problem.

EDIT: I may actually put some real time in this weekend for the event if the DLC is coming out tues. I still have a pretty huge backlog of missing weapons from the past two packs though; I'd be nice either way to go into it with a couple mil credits if possible.

The Dude With Herpes on

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Huh. Maybe stagger it to half a million per character launch, or just blow enough to X out most of the weapons and then wait for the next round of characters.

... or drop it all maxing out everything possible and accept that each consecutive rollout will likely have fewer and fewer credits built up to buy in with.

I mean, I've spent untold hours as the classes in the game already, it's not like only getting 4 new ones and and the whole set of old ones to try on new maps and for challenges would get stale anytime soon as it is.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Haven't played in a while. So, bunch o' bugs show up in single-player to take chunks of game away from me without refunds? That a way to treat a loyal wallet? What the shit? Yeah, I'm whinging, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    So, I just 4th priority mission (I think) spoilers
    Finished up the Geth dreadnought mission.

The Quarians are angling to be the biggest space arseholes these days, I guess. Now that the batarians are gone...

I want to punch them all, even Tali, especially Tali.

Petition for a new homeworld you morons, dextro-chiral garden worlds are useless to almost everyone else!

They've actually done that before, many times
    The Council has repeatedly refused to help them or even grant them colonization rights. Political fallout from the Morning War haunts them three centuries later.

Of course the quarians are still tremendous assholes in this one, but they have tried to colonize planets that aren't Rannoch

You're in a super good part of the game though.

Have you downloaded the Extended Cut and Leviathan? You should.
    Quarian homes? We have dismissed that notion.
    Drill Rounds

PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

PLA wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while. So, bunch o' bugs show up in single-player to take chunks of game away from me without refunds? That a way to treat a loyal wallet? What the shit? Yeah, I'm whinging, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    So, I just 4th priority mission (I think) spoilers
    Finished up the Geth dreadnought mission.

The Quarians are angling to be the biggest space arseholes these days, I guess. Now that the batarians are gone...

I want to punch them all, even Tali, especially Tali.

Petition for a new homeworld you morons, dextro-chiral garden worlds are useless to almost everyone else!

They've actually done that before, many times
    The Council has repeatedly refused to help them or even grant them colonization rights. Political fallout from the Morning War haunts them three centuries later.

Of course the quarians are still tremendous assholes in this one, but they have tried to colonize planets that aren't Rannoch

You're in a super good part of the game though.

Have you downloaded the Extended Cut and Leviathan? You should.
    Quarian homes? We have dismissed that notion.
    Drill Rounds

PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Gonna be 100% honest here.

Nothing you just said made a lick of sense.

Yeah, that happens sometimes.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh wow, that's some good stuff. I'm a quarter through ME2, might need to put that on hold and build up some credit monies for the DLC.

Agusalim wrote: »
    somebody turned up a clearer version of the omega teaser that was shown a couple weeks back. spoiler i guess maybe kinda not really tho
    eUQIe.jpg

the person behind Shepard, is that:
    Kasumi or a Turian? I'm kinda hoping Omega lets you have some ME2 characters for the mission if you kept them alive, especially if we've got collectors again

• Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    So now I'm having a bit of inner debate - the only items I haven't unlocked completely are the ultra rare weapons (80 unlocks left), and the gear - about a dozen of each uncommon and rare.

EXCEPT, for the new gun, the Raider. So, when I play later tonight to start hoarding credits, do I spend some of them now to quickly unlock the Raider, or do I just wait until the DLC hits and start unlocking everything?

As I learned with the Argus, I know I'll have the Raider at X if I buy 5-7 PSPs, no problem. What would you guys do?

Depends on how much you care about the mods that have dumb unlock rates.

If you're fine with the mods you have, save it; the raider isn't going to mess up your unlocks for the DLC stuff that much, and instead of just getting tons of ammo while unlocking the raider, you'll still be getting the new stuff and maybe a few mods here and there.

Waiting, in your situation, is a win/win as far as I can tell.

Ides of March
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    at this point i'm pretty sure the bioware RNG gods are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more merciful than the ones in BL2

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Hmm, good points. Yeah, I guess I can wait a few days. I'd like to try it, seeing as how someone upthread called it a Piranha with more damage and a higher rate of fire - would love to try that on my N7 Destroyer - but I guess I'll wait.

My goal is to raise 2 mil or more this weekend. I have never, ever saved up credits, but this time will be worth it.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Yeah you're probably better off waiting. It took me about 9-10 PSP's to get the Raider to X on Tuesday because I got a few packs that had two level IV consumables rather than the gun. If you wait until there are new characters in the pool the odds of that happening should be reduced.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'll probably try to max out the Raider over the weekend just to lower my chances of getting it when the DLC comes out.

But yeah, if you're looking to get more new stuff with a lower chance of ammo waiting for the new update is best.

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    ok the DLC looks fucking awesome. I'm actually going to be playing this sometimes instead of hopping on BL2 every day.

I hate to complain about anything, and I totally get why they're staggering the release of the 16(!!!!) new classes, but having saved up 2 million credits in preperation for this, I don't know if I should blow my whole load on tuesday or try and stagger out my credits. I still haven't unlocked the fury or demolisher, and I have several rares/gear not maxed out so I'm sure I'd still get use out of my credits on tuesday. I just don't want the next 4 classes to roll out with nothing saved up.

Fuck it, I'll keep buying PSPs until I get a demolisher. That's the class I want the most right now, so I might as well. Plus running that class will make farming gold/platinum that much easier and faster.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    this is some of the best support for a multiplayer game I've ever seen

props to Bioware

PNk1Ml4.png
    Theodore FlooseveltAntimatterDeaderinredchiasaur11Olivaw
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really like how the environmental effects have breathed new life into some of my old favorite maps.

Firebase Ghost when its raining looks pretty awesome.

-TalAntimatter
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    this is some of the best support for a multiplayer game I've ever seen

props to Bioware

now just add hats and who knows where this will lead

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Captain CarrotDeaderinredOlivaw
    That way madness lies.

Antimatter
    Hmm, good points. Yeah, I guess I can wait a few days. I'd like to try it, seeing as how someone upthread called it a Piranha with more damage and a higher rate of fire - would love to try that on my N7 Destroyer - but I guess I'll wait.

My goal is to raise 2 mil or more this weekend. I have never, ever saved up credits, but this time will be worth it.

Don't forget the lower clip capacity.

It a 2-shot. But if you reload cancel I think its DPS is actually higher.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    reload cancelled raider gives you the highest dps in the game (except for reegar vs. shields/barriers)

only problem is its even less accurate than the piranha wi a crazy elliptical spread pattern so you gotta be in 'inappropriate touching' range

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    "There are 16 classes in total and 4 will be available at launch on Tuesday. The remaining characters will be rolled out over time. smilie"

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Fuck it, I'll keep buying PSPs until I get a demolisher.

Yeah, if you want Demolisher really bad, better to try and unlock it now while the pool of possible unlocks is comparatively smaller - will be harder after the DLC comes out.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    If we get one a week, I'd be just, incredibly happy. It'd give us a volus on Christmas maybe!? Christmas is on a Tuesday this year!

dN0T6ur.png
    Agusalim wrote: »
    only problem is its even less accurate than the piranha wi a crazy elliptical spread pattern so you gotta be in 'inappropriate touching' range

Oh hmm, well I'll try it at some point. Despite the slight nerfs I'm still quite happy with the Piranha.

I've completely given up on unlocking specific things. It just is what it is.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So hang on wait, jetpacks?

I might be able to give my Destroyer a jetpack? Actual jetpacks? You guys aren't funnin' me here, are you?

Sweet christmas, my KROGUARD with a jetpack...

Jetpack looks to be new Turian specific.

at this point i'm pretty sure the bioware RNG gods are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more merciful than the ones in BL2

Honestly, the Diablo-style loot in BL2 is probably going to keep me from playing it the way I have ME3.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Jetpack looks to be new Turian specific.

Awwwww. :(

edited October 2012
    Volus classes found in Patch files. Confirmed concepts:

- Volus Adept
    - Volus Engineer
    ( Volus Mercenary)
    ( Volus Protector)

The last two could just be the class talent names.

Edit: And so I don't have to keep making a new post every time I find out something new:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14353394

Compilation of confirmed facts for the Retaliation DLC.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png

DeaderinredMild Confusion
    Volus classes found in DLC files. Confirmed concepts:

- Volus Adept
    - Volus Engineer
    ( Volus Mercenary)
    ( Volus Protector)

FUCK. YES.

-TalMild Confusion
    Volus?

You've got to be kidding me...now just add Elcor and it will be complete.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Elcor are a support class

Other classes can ride on them while the Elcor themselves shoot off their giant cannons

• ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    Whoa the mission start timer can begin if not everyone readies up? That is amazing.

Orca wrote: »
    Volus classes found in DLC files. Confirmed concepts:

- Volus Adept
    - Volus Engineer
    ( Volus Mercenary)
    ( Volus Protector)

FUCK. YES.

There may or may not be a Vorcha Infiltrator.

steam_sig.png

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    BIOTIC GOD? Are you serious? Paging @Mild Confusion to the white courtesy telephone.

I may never play another race again.

Mild Confusion
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Volus?

You've got to be kidding me...now just add Elcor and it will be complete.

Need Hanar, too.

I'm looking forward to the rumored Batarian Vanguard. God willing his charge will just be one incredibly extended Falcon punch.

Musicool
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Just started playing again. I missed most of the fun at release and everything with being in Afghanistan, but I'm having fun with it now. Only problem is I haven't unlocked... well, much of anything. I've unlocked all the low-level guns, so I think I'm just going to save up and get a bunch of the PSPs. Got an Asari Vanguard I'm enjoying, but other than that I mostly just have the basic classes.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png