As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD BYE BYE

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    wow... but I am still enjoying BL2 too much to go back to this, but I might spend the 600k I've got saved up and see what it gives. I hope they buff the collector assault rifle, because I remember it being a cool caster run and gun AR in ME2.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

this dlc looks fucking awesome, goddamn awesome! and here i was expecting lazy ass ports of me2 collectors but nope!

turian goddamn jetpacks. JETPACKS!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh
    is.. is harbinger assuming direct control of that preatorian? holy shit.

wonder if these guys are gonna show up in the omega dlc... there was some serious lack of assuming direct control in me3.

Deaderinred on
    what map is that at 0:59 where the geth is meleeing someone?
    looks new... looks like the derelict reaper but also collector swarms at the side?

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Wait.

No mention of new Salarian classes?

Where's my Salarian STG Soldier?

PREORDER CANCELLED

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Captain Carrot
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just want to know one thing about this DLC:
    Will Harbinger pop up and/or randomly taunt us throughout matches?

If it turns out the answer to that question is "yes", well....Bioware, I might just have to buy a Wii U so that I can have the Mass Effect trilogy (or at least ME3) on every platform that has it available. Awesomeness must be rewarded!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Deaderinred
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    shiiiiit

need to start saving up the dollar bills credit chits

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I just want to know one thing about this DLC:
    Will Harbinger pop up and/or randomly taunt us throughout matches?

If it turns out the answer to that question is "yes", well....Bioware, I might just have to buy a Wii U so that I can have the Mass Effect trilogy (or at least ME3) on every platform that has it available. Awesomeness must be rewarded!

As best we can tell
    YES! He is seen possessing several enemies in the trailer

dN0T6ur.png
    edited October 2012
    Astale wrote: »
    So, went back and reinstalled this, got all the DLC. Only to find out that while I wasn't paying attention there have been a truly staggering amount of bugs introduced in the single player, the ones I particularly care about being all the problems with weapon mods (the worst one, specifically, sometimes picking them up doesn't actually give them to you, and you can't buy them later on the citadel, they're just gone from the game at that point; and it's totally random which ones will do this in a playthrough, reloading savegames won't help almost all of the time, nobody has a clue what is causing it so there aren't any community workaraounds...). This patch isn't fixing any of the bugs either (map glitch and ridiculous animation errors such as camera-through-head and excorcism head-spinning during a convo as well). Since this round of glitches are being reported in threads four months old I'm going to go ahead and assume they don't give a shit about single player anymore?

Well fuck, I really wish someone had told me before I went and spent money on the DLC. Multiplayer is great and all, but I'm amazed some of the bugs I'm seeing are still active in the single player rank lower on the priority list than making geth farming harder. Is it paranoid of me to look at the store in multiplayer and get pissed?

Oi, what's this now?

In short 1.3 (I think that's the one, the one in I want to say May?) broke a hell of a lot of single player stuff. Some of it minor (such as hilarious cutscene bugs like clipping through Anderson's head or Liara talking to you with her head on backwards) some of it very very major (you can no longer get a lot of weapon mods at random, but it assumes you did insofar as putting them in the citadel store, so it's not just that you have to pay for them later, you flat out can't get them). Not only have these bugs been around since May, since that's when most of the threads on them I'm looking up were posted, but there is no evidence that the devs even acknowledged they existed. The only post even by a mod was moving one of the threads from general discussion to tech discussion because it 'didn't belong there'. Having experienced the cutscene and mod bugs personally in spades, I know for sure those are both legitimate issues. I've heard of a ton more which I didn't bother to confirm personally though. All since 1.3.

I have a save right before where you can pick up several mods and a workbench is nearby, and another later in a similar location (somewhere on Mars and Palaven I think is the name of the second one), and I tested them again after today's patch (wasn't expecting anything since the patch notes are pretty much all multiplayer). And yeah, nada, still broken. One of the mods picks up properly, but four others still do not.

No known workarounds by the community either. It still gets mentioned, but there is nothing in any of the threads as to how to fix it, and since there are only a few posts lately in those threads it seems people have given up on asking for fixes. Bioware has given no indication it even knows the bugs exist, which given how blatant they are, screams to me they're just deliberately ignoring them.

I'm wondering if they got tired of all the bitching over the single-player, but not the multi, and just decided it wasn't worth bothering. Which I'd actually agree with them on except they're still making DLC for the single.
    Oh, right. Leviathan supposedly can break a ton of stuff too, the most obvious one being the reset of most of the achievements tracked by the game in some versions (this also happened to me, though this one is kind of a "who cares" since they're not exactly hard to get).

Edit: If I'm coming off sounding aggressive, it's probably because the entire reason I went to replay ME3 with the new stuff was I can't play SWTOR atm due to, you guessed it, a huge graphics bug they introduced in the latest patch. I don't mean to come off as whiny, but given I've just paid for (through subscription and DLC purchase) two bioware products which I then immediately regretted due to them breaking stuff with patches, with not only no fix in sight but not even a sense of urgency....well, yeah. I'm pretty pissed at Bioware at the moment, and it probably shows. Trying to be more matter-of-fact talking about this stuff because of that, but I'm sure some of my attitude is coming through in the posts regardless.

going through me3 right now and i've not experienced any of this at all and i've been modding the shit out my sp game.

Deaderinred on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    That trailer is so ridiculously exciting.

Just, wow.

TexiKen wrote: »
    Oh wow, that's some good stuff. I'm a quarter through ME2, might need to put that on hold and build up some credit monies for the DLC.

Agusalim wrote: »
    somebody turned up a clearer version of the omega teaser that was shown a couple weeks back. spoiler i guess maybe kinda not really tho
    eUQIe.jpg

the person behind Shepard, is that:
    Kasumi or a Turian? I'm kinda hoping Omega lets you have some ME2 characters for the mission if you kept them alive, especially if we've got collectors again

looks like
    a new species? raoli? doesn't look anyone we've seen before, not even kasumi. also that doesn't look like a collector ship either like previously though, looks more like one of those cerberus cruisers from the prequel comic.

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular

Will no one commiserate with my Trilogy-Pack disappointment? I mean, I never even got to play some of the ME1 and ME2 DLC, and they never released a Platinum/GOTY edition of ME2. Why do they hate my moneys, which I will give them for a genuinely comprehensive ME collection box?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Lame. I was hoping the patch would fix sabotage to actually give points for backfire kills.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    Will no one commiserate with my Trilogy-Pack disappointment? I mean, I never even got to play some of the ME1 and ME2 DLC, and they never released a Platinum/GOTY edition of ME2. Why do they hate my moneys, which I will give them for a genuinely comprehensive ME collection box?

I still say the PS3 release WAS the GOTY edition of ME2 since it had all the DLC (Except Arrival, I think). It just didn't have it displayed on a fancy new cover or released on any other system.

newSig.jpg
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    what about Yagg kits? anyone else think they'd be a good fit?

but I guess that might go against canon.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Oh wow, that's some good stuff. I'm a quarter through ME2, might need to put that on hold and build up some credit monies for the DLC.

Agusalim wrote: »
    somebody turned up a clearer version of the omega teaser that was shown a couple weeks back. spoiler i guess maybe kinda not really tho
    eUQIe.jpg

the person behind Shepard, is that:
    Kasumi or a Turian? I'm kinda hoping Omega lets you have some ME2 characters for the mission if you kept them alive, especially if we've got collectors again

looks like
    a new species? raoli? doesn't look anyone we've seen before, not even kasumi. also that doesn't look like a collector ship either like previously though, looks more like one of those cerberus cruisers from the prequel comic.
    I was thinking the same thing about the ship. As for the person behind Shepard, I don't have any good theories.

edited October 2012

me1 comes with the dlc at least.

its probably a cost thing, me2 and 3 would need extra discs to house the dlc, plus me3's isnt even fully out yet.

Deaderinred on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    sucks if you're AFK, but nice change nonetheless.

if 3/4 players ready up then a 20 second countdown begins.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Deaderinred
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    That is wonderful.

its probably a cost thing, me2 and 3 would need extra discs to house the dlc, plus me3's isnt even fully out yet.

360 version doesn't include me1 DLC. And the marginal cost per additional DVD is minuscule.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I noticed that happening today, was a nice surprise.

I wonder how often it'll lead to issues though. Leader finishes a run, goes afk, 3 people (new or old) ready up, match begins, a couple of minutes later the leader is kicked for being afk, wave has to restart...

Of course, they could have something programmed to avoid this happening, but keeping the worst case scenario in mind and being pleasantly surprised when it doesn't come to pass has served me fairly well to date.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!

360 version doesn't include me1 DLC. And the marginal cost per additional DVD is minuscule.

at least the case is nice.

lodger

at least the case is nice.

Agreed!

I love when I can find common ground in a high-stakes argument.

Deaderinred
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Volus?

You've got to be kidding me...now just add Elcor and it will be complete.

Need Hanar, too.

I'm looking forward to the rumored Batarian Vanguard. God willing his charge will just be one incredibly extended Falcon punch.
    falcon-kick-FxRrLI.jpg

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Volus?

You've got to be kidding me...now just add Elcor and it will be complete.

Need Hanar, too.

I'm looking forward to the rumored Batarian Vanguard. God willing his charge will just be one incredibly extended Falcon punch.
    falcon-kick-FxRrLI.jpg

Even better if it's not a teleport but the dude actually RUNS up to the target (Extra points for saying something) during the windup before the punch.

newSig.jpg
    edited October 2012
    FUN BUG: If you get downed while a banshee syncs you... you come back to life.

tastydonuts on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

It's because you are ducking, so she only hits the death-imps.

edited October 2012
    PLA wrote: »

It's because you are ducking, so she only hits the death-imps.

not quite sure what you mean, but twice in the same game I was grabbed by a banshee, as she lifted me into the air took enough damage to get downed, then when the animation for the sync ended, walked away like nothing happened.

edit: it also happened after I got grabbed by a husk and something else downed me before I could get out of the QTE thingy.

tastydonuts on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Holy..... holy shit you guys.
    Here I thought Borderlands 2 was going to keep my attention well away from ME3. But that trailer, and those details?
    And a motherfucking Turian with a Jetpack?

Jeeeeeeeeebus that's promising. Indeed, their multiplayer support for this game is amazing.

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Yay new DLC! Oh shit, new DLC! My free time... aaaaaaaand it's gone.

But this DLC sounds great. May pull me away from Borderlands 2. And I haven't even beaten that yet.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Man, I thought I hated Rio before.

But I really hate Rio now.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I thought the patch was supposed to fix Rio

it doesn't? :(

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    I just hope the new classes have enough unique powers to keep things interesting. if they all only have one new power each, I don't think that'll be exciting enough. until the volus come.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I wonder if jetpack turian handles just like the Mako. So many people will be dicks with it in MP.

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    So, went back and reinstalled this, got all the DLC. Only to find out that while I wasn't paying attention there have been a truly staggering amount of bugs introduced in the single player, the ones I particularly care about being all the problems with weapon mods (the worst one, specifically, sometimes picking them up doesn't actually give them to you, and you can't buy them later on the citadel, they're just gone from the game at that point; and it's totally random which ones will do this in a playthrough, reloading savegames won't help almost all of the time, nobody has a clue what is causing it so there aren't any community workaraounds...). This patch isn't fixing any of the bugs either (map glitch and ridiculous animation errors such as camera-through-head and excorcism head-spinning during a convo as well). Since this round of glitches are being reported in threads four months old I'm going to go ahead and assume they don't give a shit about single player anymore?

Well fuck, I really wish someone had told me before I went and spent money on the DLC. Multiplayer is great and all, but I'm amazed some of the bugs I'm seeing are still active in the single player rank lower on the priority list than making geth farming harder. Is it paranoid of me to look at the store in multiplayer and get pissed?

Oi, what's this now?

In short 1.3 (I think that's the one, the one in I want to say May?) broke a hell of a lot of single player stuff. Some of it minor (such as hilarious cutscene bugs like clipping through Anderson's head or Liara talking to you with her head on backwards) some of it very very major (you can no longer get a lot of weapon mods at random, but it assumes you did insofar as putting them in the citadel store, so it's not just that you have to pay for them later, you flat out can't get them). Not only have these bugs been around since May, since that's when most of the threads on them I'm looking up were posted, but there is no evidence that the devs even acknowledged they existed. The only post even by a mod was moving one of the threads from general discussion to tech discussion because it 'didn't belong there'. Having experienced the cutscene and mod bugs personally in spades, I know for sure those are both legitimate issues. I've heard of a ton more which I didn't bother to confirm personally though. All since 1.3.

I have a save right before where you can pick up several mods and a workbench is nearby, and another later in a similar location (somewhere on Mars and Palaven I think is the name of the second one), and I tested them again after today's patch (wasn't expecting anything since the patch notes are pretty much all multiplayer). And yeah, nada, still broken. One of the mods picks up properly, but four others still do not.

No known workarounds by the community either. It still gets mentioned, but there is nothing in any of the threads as to how to fix it, and since there are only a few posts lately in those threads it seems people have given up on asking for fixes. Bioware has given no indication it even knows the bugs exist, which given how blatant they are, screams to me they're just deliberately ignoring them.

I'm wondering if they got tired of all the bitching over the single-player, but not the multi, and just decided it wasn't worth bothering. Which I'd actually agree with them on except they're still making DLC for the single.
    Oh, right. Leviathan supposedly can break a ton of stuff too, the most obvious one being the reset of most of the achievements tracked by the game in some versions (this also happened to me, though this one is kind of a "who cares" since they're not exactly hard to get).

Edit: If I'm coming off sounding aggressive, it's probably because the entire reason I went to replay ME3 with the new stuff was I can't play SWTOR atm due to, you guessed it, a huge graphics bug they introduced in the latest patch. I don't mean to come off as whiny, but given I've just paid for (through subscription and DLC purchase) two bioware products which I then immediately regretted due to them breaking stuff with patches, with not only no fix in sight but not even a sense of urgency....well, yeah. I'm pretty pissed at Bioware at the moment, and it probably shows. Trying to be more matter-of-fact talking about this stuff because of that, but I'm sure some of my attitude is coming through in the posts regardless.

going through me3 right now and i've not experienced any of this at all and i've been modding the shit out my sp game.

Not that kind of mods. Weapon mods, as in the equippables you pick up in game.

I'm not running any mods. Hell, I didn't even know there were any mods for ME3 outside of the ones for faces and hair.

LISTEN TO ME, MY PEOPLES

Biotic Charge can activate the Krogan Battlemaster's Rage! Yea, let all your enemies tremble in terror!

Also @Elendil I am sorry about how those last couple of matches went, that was just ridiculous. At least Gold went smoothly

dN0T6ur.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it's cool dude, shit happens

by approximately turret #15 it was more funny than anything else

It got to the point where it was like "Oh thank Christ, an Atlas"

dN0T6ur.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    LISTEN TO ME, MY PEOPLES

Biotic Charge can activate the Krogan Battlemaster's Rage! Yea, let all your enemies tremble in terror!

Also @Elendil I am sorry about how those last couple of matches went, that was just ridiculous. At least Gold went smoothly

Waitwaitwaitwait.

Rage WORKS NOW?!

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So hey here's a question i've never seen answered anywhere.

Can I promote characters without them going to my Galactic Readiness? I would like to pimp my N7 rating without making it impossible to get a failshep game in the future.

Is that possible or am I just stuck with Rank 120 compared to people who have hundreds (or 3000! like the guy I was playing with tonight)?

Euphoriac wrote: »
    So hey here's a question i've never seen answered anywhere.

Can I promote characters without them going to my Galactic Readiness? I would like to pimp my N7 rating without making it impossible to get a failshep game in the future.

Is that possible or am I just stuck with Rank 120 compared to people who have hundreds (or 3000! like the guy I was playing with tonight)?

To the best of my knowledge, promoting characters just adds them to your war assets no matter what.

dN0T6ur.png