As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD BYE BYE

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Well, you could edit your coalesced to reduce the amount of war assets each promotion gives you.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Man this patch has brought out all the bads. Been a while since I've wiped on wave 3 of gold.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Y'know how people have complained (mainly on Live) about getting kicked after doing really well on a run? I've noticed sort of the opposite on Origin; whenever I do really well (like 125k+ to the rest of the team between 25k and 50k or so), it's becoming a pattern to have 2 people drop immediately.

Maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe the times it happened, I just ended up being on the final run of an epic twenty mission marathon for those guys... but whenever I find a solid team with people making me work just for 3rd place, man, I'm generally in on that for as long as I can ride the money train.

I don't mind ending up doing a lot of the heavy lifting. It helps balance out the times that I am just kinda soaking up credits, and as long as the other guys are playing smart (reviving each other, not taking stupid risks, completing objectives (doubly so when they're on maneuverable classes and I'm on one of my less mobile classes/builds), etc), I'd rather have a handful of team players onboard than a bunch of people suiciding into the guns of the enemies while I lob death around the map (I really do love my Grenadier built Demolisher).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    If I get 25k to someone else's 100k, I'm quitting in shame.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't say it's that bad, but playing with some PA crews while on a support class (intentionally or otherwise), I've seen some pretty massive points disparities, even amongst good players.

Points are a zero sum game. If one guy is running off and trashing entire spawns on his own before anyone even sees them, there's only so much you can do but struggle to even give token resistance.

Or, even better; enjoy the credits and pick off anything that sneaks by 'em. :D

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I know I tend to drop every match after I'm finished.

Not so much to be rude, moreso because I don't want to wait for everyone else to finish what they're doing.

Unless, I'm host. If I somehow managed to get host I'm probably staying for a good bit.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    yea... I drop because it's fun to see what's next!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    what the hell, kroguard rage works now?

bioware really DOES love us

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So...umm...did anyone else noticed that there are no longer any "promotional" guns and that the N7 weapons are now URs in the manifest?

Not sure if that's an error or not.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well, the collector rifle is going to be possible for anyone to get thanks to Retaliation

wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make it easier for everyone to get everything so that people would keep playing

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Having more URs in the rotation doesn't make me any happier... :p

• Options
    Finally...I can vangod and not be host.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I tried playing with randoms today and it was the most annoying time I've ever had.

We get to wave 3, only me and one other person is doing the objective, it gets done and then everyone but one guy falls over because holy shit no teamwork, and then the host leaves, resetting the wave with us a man down. So we don't even get paid like we would have had we busted.

This happened. Five times.

• Options
    Ummm singularity tears shit up now

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I drop if I'm planning to buy packs, because opening a pack and then immediately getting the 'host migration' dialogue got old super fast

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I tried playing with randoms today and it was the most annoying time I've ever had.

We get to wave 3, only me and one other person is doing the objective, it gets done and then everyone but one guy falls over because holy shit no teamwork, and then the host leaves, resetting the wave with us a man down. So we don't even get paid like we would have had we busted.

This happened. Five times.

The curse of updates/new content.

More players means more bad players.

That being said I think I managed to get lucky most rounds I played tonight. Mostly competent people.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It's not even out yet! (resigned sigh)

• Options
    Haha...geth prime drone working now is hilarious. Got stunned by it quite a few times.

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    what the hell, kroguard rage works now?

bioware really DOES love us

not only does krogan rage work, but kills with charge count towards it

im pretty certain its a bug but as vanguard bugs go its something of an improvement over the previous one

• Options
    Well charge does have you slamming into people...

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    oh hey just had a look at the manifest

the collector rifle is now included in the rares and the weekend weapons (ie valiant, eagle, crusader, hurricane) are included in the ultrarares

whether theyre actually in packs yet or not i dinnae ken but the manifest has changed at least

Agusalim on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I just want to know one thing about this DLC:
    Will Harbinger pop up and/or randomly taunt us throughout matches?

If it turns out the answer to that question is "yes", well....Bioware, I might just have to buy a Wii U so that I can have the Mass Effect trilogy (or at least ME3) on every platform that has it available. Awesomeness must be rewarded!

As best we can tell
    YES! He is seen possessing several enemies in the trailer

He won't. I can't find the post, but a Dev said: "...Unfortunately it would be too much effor to put in Harbinger's Voiceover alongside the possession mechanic".

Edit:

2nrhizs.png

EngineerVorcha.png

Above: Vorcha Engineer

EngineerTurian.png

Above: Turian Saboteur - Originally thought to be a Vanguard, turns out he's an Engineer.

This is missing multiple characters. Turian Havok Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator (Both confirmed for launch), Quarian Marksman.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    BIOTIC GOD? Are you serious? Paging @Mild Confusion to the white courtesy telephone.

I may never play another race again.

FUCK YES! Been wanting to do this since guddamn ME1. Curses, eight more months!

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Harbinger has more lines in that one trailer than all of ME3 single player combigned?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    EngineerVorcha.png

Vorcha...Engineer?

I suppose years of breaking fans leaves residue of technical expertise even on Vorcha.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that Harbinger has more lines in that one trailer than all of ME3 single player combigned?

My only thought is that they were saving Harbinger for a DLC. If the next DLC is Collectors (and signs point to "yes"), they could devote the whole thing to a Shepard/Harbinger grudge match.

Still, given that Harby was so important in ME2, it's weird that he wasn't in ME3 for more than
    a final "fuck you" thanix blast at the end.

Anyway. So... Geth Soldier... probably awesome. I wonder how Asari Infiltrator is supposed to work, since, canonically (and so far in the multiplayer), Infiltrators are Combat/Tech, not Biotic.

Invisible Vorcha? Oh god.

Volus should be good for some "lulz".

16 is a weird number to add, though. 2 of each class would be 12, that leaves a third character for four of the classes. 17 I could buy, because that way they could even up the rest of the classes with the Soldier, due to the BF3 guy. I wonder which other class will be left short.

• Options
    I don't think all asari are biotics, but they do have the most biotics of all races. And biotics is required to be an asari commando. I'm sure there are a few non-biotics who want to be soldiers.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    every asari is born biotic but you have to train it to actually be combat effective, some asari may choose to pursue non-biotic combat roles

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    what's the third adept, krogan?

man this is a lot of new shit to process

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    every asari is born biotic but you have to train it to actually be combat effective, some asari may choose to pursue non-biotic combat roles

I looked it up and you are right. Two codex entries. One clearly states all asari are biotics, the other states that non-biotic asari are uncommon, though less clear. I hate canon contradictions.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So many volus. But that's the race with the fewest current examples (0), so it makes sense.

I think there was an asari muggle in ME3 somewhere. They're not allowed to join the military or something. It's been a long time since I read codexes.

Does anyone else think Tech Armor looks weird on the asari? Oversized. Kind of cool, though. Tiny, unclear picture, though.

Wait, Rage works? I have a Kroguard! And I kind of suck at the game! Is this my lucky day?

PLA on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    VOLUS VANGUARD

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

team of 2 kroguards and 2 volguards NOW AND FOREVER

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Krogan Adept is what it looked like in the video. Looked like he lifted the enemy and then fired a beam at it.

EDIT: Yeah, cool engineers. My favorite class. Vorcha Engineer better be hilarious. Like, they just set up a series of spinning blades that damage enemies as they walk through. The name of the power? "MAKE FANS."

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    VOLUS VANGUARD

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

team of 2 kroguards and 2 volguards NOW AND FOREVER

HA! THEY'RE

khhhhk

DEAD

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    So many volus. But that's the race with the fewest current examples (0), so it makes sense.

I think there was an asari muggle in ME3 somewhere. They're not allowed to join the military or something. It's been a long time since I read codexes.

Does anyone else think Tech Armor looks weird on the asari? Oversized. Kind of cool, though. Tiny, unclear picture, though.

Wait, Rage works? I have a Kroguard! And I kind of suck at the game! Is this my lucky day?

to make up for their lack of biotics, they go about in krogan-sized full powered armor.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    A volus vanguard's charge better be him jumping into the air and curling into a ball before launching himself at enemies like a cannonball.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Now, let's get an Elcor in there.
    Big (like, Brute-sized), unable to take cover behind waist-high walls, and with only one movement speed (no dodging or sprinting).
    Also with masses of shields/health, and shoulder-mounted weapons. Kind of like having an Atlas on our side.

The death taunts would be priceless.
    "With stoic determination; Shields depleted."
    "With rising panic; Banshee incoming."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Vorcha Engineer. Vorcha Engineer.

Edit: Remember the SMG designed explicitly because vorcha are stupid?

PLA on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

Krogan Adept is what it looked like in the video. Looked like he lifted the enemy and then fired a beam at it.

I think the beam was a Reegar

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Wrex was more like an Adept than a Vanguard.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am excited for playing this. I expect consensus.