As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't know how lucky you are, back in the NCR [Fallout thread]

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Unless you mod the game!
    Mod modmodmod.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    holy shit those pictures are awesome, they really nailed the detail.

almost tempted to travel there.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I've seen Ralph carry mods. Not Mick, though.

Edit: It's not that Ulysses doesn't
    make Tunnelers sound scary.
    It's just that I've seen
    three Nightstalkers tear a Deathclaw apart in seconds.

Edit: I miss a lot of dialogue on the plot from companions. Maybe I should make regular runs back to 38 and talk to everybody when a (main)quest is done for a playthrough. Hadn't heard Raul talking about running after Benny before.

Edit: Neat! I sneak-tomahawked a Yao Guai cub's head off. Thrown weaons are fun.

Edit: I accidentally 40 pounds of Cave Fungus.

Edit: I did not know about Express-dropboxes!

PLA on
  • Options
    After playing a significant amount of time with the Atomic! perk, I report that it seems to give me a fuckton of AP. I also have Nerves of Steel and Grim Reaper's Sprint, so it's not all Atomic!, but it still regenerates faster than I would expect with only those.
    With all those together, I'm not quite FO3 Grim Reaper's Sprinting, but damn, son.
    I guess I should try to time it, but I wish I had a real stopwatch.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    edit: nevermind, problem fixed. Carry on, fellas.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well. Finally had a talk with Ceaser instead of walking into his camp and killing everything/one.

Kinda wish I could have thrown what I learned with Joshua in his face.

Think I need to finish Lonesome Road though. Getting to the end game and still haven't done as much as I did on my last playthrough.

Also, how difficult is it to add in the RTS mod to the Steam version? I held off on playing with it since it's not my usual "drag and drop" GSP file but I'm really interested in playing it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Lots of players hate the Legion.
    Is it wrong that what actually pissed me off about the pillaging totalitarians is Caesar's Hegel-fanboyism?
    The Dam will never be yours! Never!
    Eat nuclear Apocalypse!

Since Lonesome Road is wide open, I sometimes drop in for the Hopeville-bedroll without any intention of completing the quest.

PLA on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So, which New Vegas DLC is worth getting? I was thinking about buying 1 or maybe 2 of them.

Maz- on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Old world blues, definitely. If you're only getting 1 or 2, you want to stay away from lonesome road, since you basically need to play all the rest of them to get the full story.

I'd say go for honest hearts and OWB. I'm personally not a fan of Dead money in the slightest, but there are people who are, and I will say it has a good story, just bad gameplay.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    You'll be fine if you buy Old World Blues twice.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    Does the DLC ever go on sale on Steam?

• Options
    Fairly often. It'll get most likely a 75% off when new vegas itself goes on sale.

And it's almost always on sale during the big sales of the year.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Lots of players hate the Legion.
    Is it wrong that what actually pissed me off about the pillaging totalitarians is Caesar's Hegel-fanboyism?
    The Dam will never be yours! Never!
    Eat nuclear Apocalypse!

Since Lonesome Road is wide open, I sometimes drop in for the Hopeville-bedroll without any intention of completing the quest.

Nothing wrong with any reason to reduce Caesar to a smoking radioactive pile of ash.

He's the Britta of people.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Think it's time I started up New Vegas again, this time modded up all nice and fancy, what's the super duper recommended?

• Options
    Feels pretty good to stroll around Zion at night, timing a killing VATS-uppercut on a charging Yao Guai with an incendiary grenade going up in flames and reddish smoke.

Also, burning Yao Guai look terrifying.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Think it's time I started up New Vegas again, this time modded up all nice and fancy, what's the super duper recommended?
    The SomethingAwful thread has a good list.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Or the OP for this thread, which is pretty similar to the SA thread from a quick glance.

I guess it depends on what you feel like getting into, mod-wise. Going big with all the textures and gameplay stuff and gear and etc etc or keeping it somewhat simple.

• Options
    *Finds Freeside Open*

DAMMIT!!! I have to play through this game again?!?!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Currently playing as a robot with a missile launcher for a hand, I eat duct tape and scrap metal to heal, suck the electricity out of ham radios and generators to quench my thirst and I have a small army of lobotomites I've built from the bodies of a bunch of junkies I killed.
    DUD7g.jpg

Ahhh...mods. Not sure how I ever lived without them.

*hugs the nexus*

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

*hugs the nexus*
    Probably not a good idea. You might get some kind of disease.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Also, Laser RCW is my new favorite weapon.

It's the one vanilla weapon I always wanted to try but was always getting distracted by other stuff.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Regular Recharger Pistol is charming in how slowly it powers up when you equip it. But MF Breeder Alpha's constant pew-pew-pew-pew-pew is fun, too. Not to mention more effective.

Lol. Grenade sneak-attack. When the can bounces on a gecko's head. Not the explosion. All it did was freak the lizard out and make it run away. Edit: Yeah, headshot, too. Hah!

PLA on
  • Options
    I think one of my mods screwed something up.
    Since I'm near the end game, I decided to finish LR for the stuff and xp, and now I can't use DLC ammo. My optimized MFCs are greyed out. Funny thing, so are the nails for the nail gun.

I can (and have) use them fine in HH and OWB though.

Luckily there's plenty of ECPs and EDE has a built in work bench.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Know the follower-trick of waking somebody up and keeping your distance when they try to talk, leading them to where you want them? Graham follows, too.

Edit: Waking Cloud's outfit is normally unavailable, no?

PLA on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I have to say, Graham is probably the best written religious character I've seen in games in... well, ever probably.

He has a distinct personality and past, his faith isn't something that's tacked on for flavor. He's a hardcore sonofabitch, but he's trying to do right by fighting the White Legs. And his personal story ends up very different based on whether you encourage or discourage him from revenge.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    And he's so attached to a particular kind of weapon that he breaks Fallout-rules and uses a gun for melee, too.

Reloading for a lot of branching dialogue. He has a lot of ways to say the same things.

Edit: Goddamnit, Joshua! I just noticed that he has dialogue-branches that stretch across multiple conversations. Or at least one branch.

PLA on
  • Options
    ...Oh wow. So, I just started a new playthrough, with most of the uncut mod installed.

Spoilered for those who haven't used the mod yet.
    So, I start doing ghost town gunfight like usual, then I notice victor is still hanging around. Unusual. He's usually left by now. I talk to him, and it gives me the option to ASK HIS HELP AGAINST THE POWDER GANGERS. But when I fight the gangers, he just stand there. A scripting error maybe? Well, I talk to him after, and because my science is so high, it allows me to run a diagnostic on him.

No. It wasn't a scripting error. Turns out that "Someone. doesn't say who" had activated an override, shutting him down during the fight"

This was all voice acted, so it's not something some other mod added.

I'm going to be finding things like this my entire playthrough. This is fun.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Very cool.

I have all those mods installed (except freeside and vegas open so my PC doesn't have a heart attack) but I didn't actually try that. Gotta remember that next time.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    That content's not cut, is it?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    That content's not cut, is it?

Nope. Not cut. This also may blow his mind.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Victor_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
    Once you leave Goodsprings and find Victor at another area, his first Securitron unit will be found in front of his Goodsprings shack, disabled, and when killed he cannot be looted, it will still say the AI program is offline.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In the Capital Wasteland, seems mostly lone weirdos and poor people live in pre-war buildings. Improvised fortresses or hastily walled junk-towns are the places to be.

Bunkers are always a bit hit and miss. Mostly because many of them are Vault-Tec.

PLA on
  • Options
    Oh. It's NOT? I have never gotten that dialog option before....Huh.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think there also an
    "I saw you die! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?"
    type of response, depending on circumstances.

PLA on
  • Options
    I think there also an
    "I saw you die! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?"
    type of response, depending on circumstances.
    That one I'm sure about. I've seen that one.

See, I got confused because one of the uncut mods is SPECIFICALLY about Victor and Mr. house, so I thought that was part of it too.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Going to miss the NCR when we move on to Fallout 4. Thought they were really interesting to see develop and affect the world around them in FO2 and New Vegas.

They still seem like the right choice for the mojave to me. The only downside I can see to them is that the NCR set up their government and politics alot like the old ones which kind of lead to the wasteland in the first place. In that way I can see why some people who wanted something more innovative and more revolutionary like the Followers aren't big fans.

Most of the anti-NCR sentiment in New Vegas comes off as abit whiny though. Like a bunch of children who want independence from parents they would die without just so they can do whatever they want.

With all the fiends, drug dealers and monsters they have running amuck, doesn't really seem like paying taxes and following laws is the greater evil.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, the Victor thing isn't new, it's just easy to miss. For some reason I had a hard time finding him after the initial conversation; I didn't even know he appeared elsewhere before the strip until my second go-round.

Just about wrapped up my FO3 FWE playthrough. Not a fan of the immersion things like food and sleep, but things that hate each other definitely seem to cross paths more often. Had planned on wiping out Talon co. at their little clubhouse, only to find them duking it out with a deathclaw matriarch when I got there. Then, super mutants and an outcast patrol fought each other right out front, with the survivors taking on the survivors of the base defenses. Then, an Enclave encampment - with their own pet deathclaws - that had been following me wandered over to see what the fuss was about.

To make a long story short, Team Discovery Channel is now well equipped for Broken Steel.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ugh..damn weapon pack bug.

I love using Cleansing Flame and the Cyberdog Gun but having their backpacks randomly glued to my back regardless of change is pretty annoying.

(I sometimes play in third person, it's about 50/50 between the two views)

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Going to miss the NCR when we move on to Fallout 4. Thought they were really interesting to see develop and affect the world around them in FO2 and New Vegas.

They still seem like the right choice for the mojave to me. The only downside I can see to them is that the NCR set up their government and politics alot like the old ones which kind of lead to the wasteland in the first place. In that way I can see why some people who wanted something more innovative and more revolutionary like the Followers aren't big fans.

Most of the anti-NCR sentiment in New Vegas comes off as abit whiny though. Like a bunch of children who want independence from parents they would die without just so they can do whatever they want.

With all the fiends, drug dealers and monsters they have running amuck, doesn't really seem like paying taxes and following laws is the greater evil.

They were carving out an existence on their own then the NCR rolls up and claims they are in charge. They then lead the Mojave to be in a pretty constant state of war and do a pretty terrible job of controlling the bandits. You could probably argue that the NCR's existence would have stirred the existing raider clans up even more.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I am kinda sad how the old school BoS are pretty much extinct now. I hope the tactics chapter is still alive, to moderate the goody-goodies in FO3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I am kinda sad how the old school BoS are pretty much extinct now. I hope the tactics chapter is still alive, to moderate the goody-goodies in FO3
    Yeah, seems like a pretty harsh evolve or die scenario for them.

The Wasteland is growing up and it's pretty much big and smart enough to kick their ass now.