As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't know how lucky you are, back in the NCR [Fallout thread]

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    all bow before the wall.

the walllll.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Is there a mod that makes the wall talk?

"KNEEL BEFORE MY HOLY COUNTENANCE"

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    all bow before the wall.

the walllll.

The wall is our master.

The wall chooses who will go and who will stay!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I thought you were a robot with FEELINGS Anti...

But no, just a cold calculating machine...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    The only people who explode in dead money are people who don't pay attention slash charge ahead blindly.

I never had my head pop once in it. For a long time it was my favorite dlc, but then Old World Blues started wiggling its hand penises at me and that took the top spot, with Dead Money taking..not even second place, just 1.1 place

There are some radios near the very end that require near perfect timing and a save right before.

But most of the traps that got me were grenade bundles.

Also you pc types and your weird cult ;P

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    The only people who explode in dead money are people who don't pay attention slash charge ahead blindly.

I never had my head pop once in it. For a long time it was my favorite dlc, but then Old World Blues started wiggling its hand penises at me and that took the top spot, with Dead Money taking..not even second place, just 1.1 place

There are some radios near the very end that require near perfect timing and a save right before.

But most of the traps that got me were grenade bundles.

Also you pc types and your weird cult ;P

I too once thought like you...
    I played New Vegas on 360. Even enjoyed it.
    Then I purchased it on a Steam Sale and got the DLC. Then I found the Bounties. Then I found Salvation.

I found...

The Wall.

Where each weapon can have its own personal space, free from the clutter of a container. Lovingly displayed next to it's boxed ammo, and bathed in the soft glow of the rack lighting of the Hideout. And not just base models either, oh no, there are room for all The Wall's children; even those from the Sierra Madre, Zion, Big Mountain and The Divide get a place on The Wall.

It It's name we collect, Amen.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to build a new pc sometime in the future.

New Vegas and Skyrim are going to be gotten on sale if that happens.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    My only issue with the wall is that it implies there's a better to kill Legion, Brotherhood of Steel paladins and super mutants other than getting A Light In the Darkness and dispensing .45 justice to every last one of them.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Serve the wall, heap the glory of your conquests upon her many hooked bosom.

And if you do not server her in all her glory, You shall be mounted upon her hooks and live forever in shame.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    You guys are probably going to have to explain "the wall" to me. It sounds like you're talking about some kind of hideout where you can actually mount your weapons on the wall rather than just sticking it all in a chest, but is this from a mod, or DLC or what?

Also I appreciate I'm kind of late to the party on this one, but to continue the "BoS are jerks" discussion, yes they are, but I still can't justify murdering them all. Mostly because of Veronica. If she weren't in the game, and the only way to meet the Brotherhood was by breaking in and having them strip you to your undies and cuff you then I could probably get behind murdering them all, but Veronica is living proof that not all of them are short-sighted shitheads at least. You don't get to just kill the douchebags in charge and let the nice people live, if you blow up their base, everyone dies. Non-combatants, women, children, all of them. Dead. And also Veronica will be sad. You monster.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    I think they're talking about the underground hideout mod.

Never used it myself. Not enough impossibly huge masturbatory castle/fort walls for my taste.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's a mod. You dump your guns into a thingy, and it auto sorts them for you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It also demands human sacrifices but those are relatively easy to find in the wasteland.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Auto sorts those for you, too.

• Options
    it has a fish tank!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    I really hope they address inventory moving forward as the sheer volume of trash you pick up moving across the wasteland is redonkulous, the fact that you 'NEED' auto sorters should tell you something, although if skyrim is any indication it seems we will be screwed.

I would prefer less world scrap and more looted scrap that only starts to show up after you learn recipes. I realize this would never happen as the gamebryo engine actually handles a billion world items really well and limiting that aspect would make the use of said gamebryo engine all the more suspect.

/back to dreaming of a world with fallout 4

• Options
    Auto sorting has never been high on my list, Player homes usually have enough storage options that I can just dump weapons in one box, armor in another, food and misc items in two others.

But I get why people want it. It would be a nice lil time saver for vanilla items. I probably wouldn't use it though, it's weird but I kind of find it more satisfying to sort out and store away a good haul myself.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    While UHNV is full of auto sorters, the only one I really really can't live without is the crafting items sorter. The one in the Armory, at the workbench. It takes every crafting item out of your MIsc inventory and puts them in that cabinet. And since I pick up a ton of stuff (usually for building robots or weapon repair kits) it saves a ton of time and carry weight.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What they really need is to hire the damn SKYUI person. I can't belive none of these other interface mods have value/weight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvest wrote: »
    While UHNV is full of auto sorters, the only one I really really can't live without is the crafting items sorter. The one in the Armory, at the workbench. It takes every crafting item out of your MIsc inventory and puts them in that cabinet. And since I pick up a ton of stuff (usually for building robots or weapon repair kits) it saves a ton of time and carry weight.

Open chest
    Loot all
    (Repeat)
    Build stuff
    Press button, materials go back into storage.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    You guys are probably going to have to explain "the wall" to me. It sounds like you're talking about some kind of hideout where you can actually mount your weapons on the wall rather than just sticking it all in a chest, but is this from a mod, or DLC or what?

Also I appreciate I'm kind of late to the party on this one, but to continue the "BoS are jerks" discussion, yes they are, but I still can't justify murdering them all. Mostly because of Veronica. If she weren't in the game, and the only way to meet the Brotherhood was by breaking in and having them strip you to your undies and cuff you then I could probably get behind murdering them all, but Veronica is living proof that not all of them are short-sighted shitheads at least. You don't get to just kill the douchebags in charge and let the nice people live, if you blow up their base, everyone dies. Non-combatants, women, children, all of them. Dead. And also Veronica will be sad. You monster.

Right, so it's better to wipe them out personally and break all their stupid faces off with a power fist. Then you're only fighting the people who are shooting back, fair game! :)

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I think you meant this sarcastically, but I suspect many would agree with you, yes, exactly.

And then there's Jayne, speaking for many Couriers:
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid."

• Options
    Not at all, I meant what I said. I can't stand what Jeremy Maxson did to the Brotherhood. He turned a bunch of awesome soldiers with a mission into a bunch of glorified raiders. Better for the West Coast Brotherhood to die than let their previous legacy be tarnished. The Chicago Brotherhood from Tactics is a fine balance between the white knight D.C.ers and the pointlessly jerkish Vegas bunker survivors. They're bastards at times, but they had a plan, and were mostly successful in their mission of taming the American Midwest.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    What they really need is to hire the damn SKYUI person. I can't belive none of these other interface mods have value/weight.
    Skyrim storage chests of having no means of being to sort through items by type was mindbogglingly to me.

Both Fallouts had it, I'm pretty sure even Oblivion did. Not sure how Skyrim managed to get that far without someone saying "isn't this going to piss off players that like to dump all their stuff in one box?"

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    It also demands human sacrifices but those are relatively easy to find in the wasteland.

It could be worse. It could be the Brotherhood of Steel's joining conditions... I heard you have to sacrifice a puppy to join them.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    It's incredibly funny in the first Fallout where you can troll the Brotherhood guards with comments just like that. They're all, "What? NO!"

Original Brotherhood was curt and dangerous, but not dickish. They did productive things like fighting raiders even before the Master's army showed up.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Every time this thread kicks up again, I get the urge to play again.

Well, you maniacs finally did it; I've not only reinstalled New Vegas, but I reloaded FO3 and grabbed a Tale of Two Wastelands so I could play them both. TTW so far works well, having hardcore mode in the Capitol Wastelands is interesting. Goodbye what little free time I had left!

Also I just realized I've already missed out on some fun by walking into Megaton and disarming the bomb instantly. Blah, I might have to restart.

Thanks for enabling an addict, jerks. :p

• Options
    And of course a stupid Fallout 2 playthrough.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    And of course a stupid Fallout 2 playthrough.

The reasoning why we can't have a stupid playthrough in the new games makes me hate modern gaming but appreciate the love that went into Fallout 2 that much more.

• Options
    stupid fallout 2 playthrough is the best. the chat between two dumb tribals being translated into classy gentleman speak is the best fucking thing.

• Options
    1int runs are the best thing ever.

• Options
    Hopefully low int has some sort of effect in Wasteland 2.

Like a higher evasion rate becuase enemies feel bad about hitting you.

"My name is Steve! I'm a rangah!"

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Hopefully low int has some sort of effect in Wasteland 2.

Like a higher evasion rate becuase enemies feel bad about hitting you.

"My name is Steve! I'm a rangah!"

JAMBAAGLR!

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    It's been awhile, what's a "stupid playthrough?"

• Options
    edited March 2014
    "NCR Bear and Flowers no play together?"
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    If you set your intelligence stat low enough in Fallout 2 and (sometimes in NV), you'll get unique dialogue options and reactions.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    edit: woops

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Karrde1842 wrote: »

In fallout 1 and 2, setting your intelligence to a substatially low level (I think 4 or less) would unlock a completely different game. Dialog and talking heads would be different, skill challenges in the world would be different, entire cutscenes would be different (might be wrong about that).

Basically, if you played a stupid character, you'd have a very different fallout game than the first one you played.

at least five people started googling this as they read my post and a number of you are reinstalling it right now.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    It's incredibly funny in the first Fallout where you can troll the Brotherhood guards with comments just like that. They're all, "What? NO!"

Original Brotherhood was curt and dangerous, but not dickish. They did productive things like fighting raiders even before the Master's army showed up.

Actually they only bothered people who had tech they wanted. Otherwise they scrounged any areas that had salvageable tech to take it away and keep it for themselves (and out of the hands of some yahoo with a happy trigger-finger). In fact, if you talk to Elder Maxson, he says the brotherhood can hardly decide on anything worth doing; saying the only thing the other elders can agree on is "that there's 4 of them". You have to actually *convince* the other elders that the master is a threat and that the brotherhood is needed to help kill the mutant threat.

Then there's the fact that when you ask to join, they basically sent you on a suicide mission that they were pretty convinced you had no chance of surviving; only later finding out that the mission, while something they needed done, was a 'joke' to them to get random people who wanted to join their numbers out of their face.

The Brotherhood is basically a bunch of xenophobic dicks.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234