As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election 2012: DNC Week

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Our Governor who isn't in prison yet!

He's Speaker of the General Assembly, and there's no way they'll lay a glove on him. Quinn is the governor, and he's too hokey to be corrupt.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Out of the Park

“This convention is done. This will be the moment that probably re-elected Barack Obama.” – Top Republican strategist and CNN yacker Alex Castellanos just after Clinton’s speech.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    These are some super midwestern people.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    I really wish the state rundown was announced by someone who does not give a fuck. "Okay, now for the state that's dressed like I do when I've had rye for breakfast: Hawaii." "Next state, Idaho, what does the corn say?" "New York, go fuck yourself."

• Options
    Iowa: where we let 15 year olds chair the delegation!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I know that Obama ran unopposed, but at the RNC when they did roll call, was it 100% Romney, or did the delegates reflect the primary vote?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oh my goodness look at those adorable kids from Iowa.

Somebody stuck that boy's finger in a socket.

I love it. He reminds me of my brother.

Oh no, his voice cracked on national TV. That breaks my heart for him.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Bagginses wrote: »
    I really wish the state rundown was announced by someone who does not give a fuck. "Okay, now for the state that's dressed like I do when I've had rye for breakfast: Hawaii." "Next state, Idaho, what does the corn say?" "New York, go fuck yourself."

Idaho is potatos you statist fuck!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Holy shit that jew-fro.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I know that Obama ran unopposed, but at the RNC when they did roll call, was it 100% Romney, or did the delegates reflect the primary vote?

They refused to seat the delegates that Ron Paul won, basically.

• Options
    And now, Kansans are fucking insane.

• Options

Yeah the Paulites mentioned their votes, no one marked them down at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    moniker wrote: »
    Holy shit that jew-fro.

State and pics o it didn't happen. Also, I'm watching Colbert except for commercials. Have MA or Maine gone yet? Anything notable/memorable?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Is that common? Seems kinda like kicking your support base in the balls.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    On the plus side, kudos to Kansans for being the first to mention Ayn Rand.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    we're still at Kansas.

and that Fro. man. That kid. Huge hugs for him.

• Options
    Hilariously, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and a couple other states didn't get their full delegations seated because they voted for crazy white people (felons!).

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

Is that common? Seems kinda like kicking your support base in the balls.

They changed the rules on the spot so that they did not have to seat them. It's uncommon.

• Options
    dude. Kentucky. Don't mention the Basketball stuff. that's a good way to get a good fight started on the floor.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    apparently Clinton was scheduled for 28 minutes and spoke for 48?

i'm damn glad he did

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, Louisiana, that is properly hokey.

• Options
    "Whodats?"

• Options
    Bum,

Why are the vote totals off? is that for super delegates? Kentucky's graphic said 73 votes, but they only cast 72. And i've seen that happen a few times already.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    650943524.jpg

From C-span.

On the other hand, I just looked at Ryan Williams' twitter. God damn, that's weak.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Bum,

Why are the vote totals off? is that for super delegates? Kentucky's graphic said 73 votes, but they only cast 72. And i've seen that happen a few times already.

Some crazy people got delegates in some of the more... well, racist states. Louisiana was like 17 off because a sizable minority of them didn't vote for the President.

• Options
    ahhh. ok.

Thanks. I appreciate that explanation!!

WOO! Go optimists from maryland!

• Options
    Maryland challenges Idaho for the hopeless optimist state.

• Options
    Bum,

Some people voted for crazy people in the primary.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Woooo Massachusetts!

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    RTR37JSQ.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Finally got that damn infographic to work.

• Options
    Woooo Michigan!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    RTR37JSQ.jpg

I'm trying to think of a matter/antimatter joke but they all come off as me saying one of them has less than zero charisma.

• Options
    woooo Michigan!

damn i love this. It's like a more wonky pageant.

• Options
    Minnesota: we suck at sports so bad we need to cite the WNBA. Gopher hockey, dudes!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Minnesota! We have a vice president you've never heard or cared about!

Bagginses on
  • Options
    Mississippi passes for Ohio

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Clinton makes a 48 minute policy speech engaging and awesome. I love that guy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Aw, Mississippi gets hosed. Its one moment at a Democratic Convention.

• Options
    ohmygod.

I want one of those "obama Y'all" shirts that I just saw in the Mississippi Delegation.

This discussion has been closed.