Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

18911131416

Posts

  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I dunno... should we vote Dan "Imperial Spy"'s mission team down and move on to a more reliable leader?

    Edit: Which would be you Egos...

    mi-go hunter on
  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    I dunno... should we vote Dan "Imperial Spy"'s mission team down and move on to a more reliable leader?

    Edit: Which would be you Egos...

    I think I'm better than Damonis to lead , but I am biased. Granted I also think Kilnaga is. (I basically think any of the unknowns are).

    We could of course always vote down any team till we reach you. If you are the one we have the most trust in.

  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    I dunno... should we vote Dan "Imperial Spy"'s mission team down and move on to a more reliable leader?

    Edit: Which would be you Egos...

    I think I'm better than Damonis to lead , but I am biased. Granted I also think Kilnaga is. (I basically think any of the unknowns are).

    We could of course always vote down any team till we reach you. If you are the one we have the most trust in.

    I think I should coordinate the final mission, if it comes to that.

    I do feel slightly more comfortable with you leading, Egos but you are almost as much of an unknown as Daemonis.

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    I have said more than 5 things this game :|

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Well, unknowns are unknowns. Im also an unknown, and I'd like to go on the next two missions so we can win. I have advocated for Mi-Go, I would say that he should be on any team. I forgot about that whole imperial spy thing, and he has been oddly silent the whole game since. I am thinking that these people are kind of unknown, and picking from them is taking a chance, but we may have no choice:


    Egos
    kilnaga
    doodles613

    none of us have been on missions, so there really is no way to say that we are, or are not spys (though I will say 100% for certain I am not lol). So lets count:

    either Tayrun or MrBody we think one of them is spy 1
    there was suspicion to not use Film or cerberus so one of them is spy 2
    we want to say that Damonis is a spy that screwed up so spy 3
    there are a lot of accusations that blah is a spy (he was a new person on a failed mission) spy 4

    Seeing that there are only 4 spys, can we then go:

    Migo
    Egos
    Kilnga
    doodles613

    I think this is a pretty logical case for both of the next missions. If we win the first time on this mission with this team, then I think good games are in order, and logical deduction has won the day here! I think we are really close going forward like this :)

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    We should probably take into consideration failures.... and leaders.
    Leader MrBody: Tayrun, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 0 failure

    Leader Cerberus: Cereberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body - 1 failure

    Leader Tayrun: Tayrun, Blahmcblah, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 1 failure

    Used
    1.blahmcblah
    5.mi-go hunter
    7.Mr.Body
    8.Flimflammery
    9.Cerberus
    10.Tayrus

    UnUsed
    2.Damonis
    3.Egos
    4.kilnaga
    6. doodles 613

    I'm personally inclined to think Mr. Body is innocent and someone wants to make him look bad. but that is gut reaction

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Well Egos, gut reactions are coin flips lol. Would you disagree with my team suggestion? I really think were stetting ourselves up for the win and should be thankful that the spys have all acted suspicious, tried to confuse everyone, or did not really give good reasons or logical poof to eliminate suspicion. I really think we have this one. I am going to vote NO for cerberus leading the next group, going along with mi-go's thinking

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    You only have 4 people listed though :I

    That's the thing .

  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Should we take Mr. Body???

    Either he is a spy that can act REALLY well or he has been set up since he participated in both failed missions.

    mi-go hunter on
    doodles613
  • DaemonisDaemonis regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Everyone agree that mi-go is not a spy. Obvious pick.
    I know that I'm not a spy. So, I choose myself.
    Then I'm going to use previuosly unused guys. One of them is a spy but one fail is not enough.
    My team proposal: Daemonis, mi-go hunter, Egos, doodles613, kilnaga

    Daemonis on
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Well, that was a very interesting vote. I'm inclined to think now that it was not going to fail, purely because of the voting pattern. Since the spies needed two fails to win that mission, there would be no reason for them to vote the proposal down, unless there was only a maximum of one spy on the team. And I'm absolutely not convinced that the four who did vote yes are all spies (particularly doodles).

    So, although I wasn't convinced before, bugger it. Choose the same team, daemonis. Changing anything seems risky as hell.

    Does mean that daemonis really shouldn't choose himself, though.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    And I'm absolutely not convinced that the four who did vote yes are all spies (particularly doodles).
    To clarify: I think that at least one spy voted 'no' on this mission. Therefore it sounds like a safe bet to me, because why would any spy vote down a chance to win?

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    As mentioned it would have failed even if kilnaga and I had voted yes...so there is something interesting about that array.

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    actually I read that wrong...it would have passed by 1

    Flimflammery
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I suspect that kilnaga has been very clever here, dropping a no vote into that pot 'because doodles should be on the team'. Well, now we've swapped out MrBody and blah for doodles and Daemonis, the team is looking a lot scarier to me, despite my trust in doodles.

    I will vote 'no', and think that egos should send along the team blah constructed, if we get to that point.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    oh, we need 5 for this one huh?

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Well, what do we think about daemonis leading this mission? film seems to just want to get it over with already lol, so that again just seems suspicious, but daemonis did not pick film, so I don't know what to think there

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    oh, we need 5 for this one huh?

    Yes, and I think you're misunderstanding the 'two fails' system - it means that if two spies vote to fail the mission, it fails - it does not mean that we get another shot at the mission if it fails; it means that the resistance loses the game.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Well, what do we think about daemonis leading this mission? film seems to just want to get it over with already lol, so that again just seems suspicious, but daemonis did not pick film, so I don't know what to think there

    Doodles, think about it. If there were two spies on the previous mission team, and I was a spy, I would have voted for that team to go ahead. Since I did not (even if I am a spy) logically there were not two spies on the team. Therefore, at this stage when they need two fails to win, we should go with that team.

    Flimflammery on
  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Should we take Mr. Body???

    Either he is a spy that can act REALLY well or he has been set up since he participated in both failed missions.

    ok, maybe we can all agree on this team


    Migo
    Egos
    Kilnga
    doodles613
    MrBody

    here is the plus side, it would take two to fail, so if this fails, there would be a lot of reason to suspect MrBody as well as the new members of the team. That gives us info and we can make a better choice for the next pick. Also, if this passes, then we are golden and can have our final 5 for the last mission.

    negatives to this team, there are a few unused players, and there was some earlier suspicion on MrBody. I don't think its too much of a risk though.

    overall, I think the benefit of this team can outweigh the bad, and we can go right through to the end with a winning team if this works. Remember, the spys cannot afford to give up another mission, so they will for sure vote no and try to confuse us to end the game here. If we push this mission through, then we win becuase we will have our final 5!!!

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    as sad as I am to say this. If we manage to get lucky and put together a team with only one spy. We are kinda fucked unless we get some sort of magic spidey sense. Since they will support the mission and we move onto the final and they sabotage it. boom- spy victory :(

    Flimflammery
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I agree, Egos. However, being beaten 3-2 has less of a sense of utter failure than 3-1, no?

    Doodles, read my last post, I think you're still misunderstanding the 'two fails' system.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    doodles613 wrote: »
    oh, we need 5 for this one huh?

    Yes, and I think you're misunderstanding the 'two fails' system - it means that if two spies vote to fail the mission, it fails - it does not mean that we get another shot at the mission if it fails; it means that the resistance loses the game.

    OHHH, ok, I still think we should go with my plan and use the most trustworthy people, I really don't know anymore though, this game can really fry your brain lol

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    here is the plus side, it would take two to fail, so if this fails,

    ... we lose. There is no plus side to failing this mission, because that is the end of the game.

    Anyway, Daemonis has made his choice now, so we either vote yes or no to that.

    I voted 'no', due to my reasoning earlier.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    doodles613 wrote: »
    here is the plus side, it would take two to fail, so if this fails,

    ... we lose. There is no plus side to failing this mission, because that is the end of the game.

    Anyway, Daemonis has made his choice now, so we either vote yes or no to that.

    I voted 'no', due to my reasoning earlier.
    doodles613 wrote: »
    here is the plus side, it would take two to fail, so if this fails,

    ... we lose. There is no plus side to failing this mission, because that is the end of the game.

    Anyway, Daemonis has made his choice now, so we either vote yes or no to that.

    I voted 'no', due to my reasoning earlier.
    doodles613 wrote: »
    here is the plus side, it would take two to fail, so if this fails,

    ... we lose. There is no plus side to failing this mission, because that is the end of the game.

    Anyway, Daemonis has made his choice now, so we either vote yes or no to that.

    I voted 'no', due to my reasoning earlier.

    ok, sorry for the misunderstanding before. I vote I go to bed now becuase I cant keep my eyes open anymore lol

  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    I agree, Egos. However, being beaten 3-2 has less of a sense of utter failure than 3-1, no?

    You should never be in charge of the teams motivational speeches!!!

    Egos, has a massively good point that if we end up with only one spy and trust them because they support it then we are done.
    It seems people are not happy with a number of the names put forward still, can I perhaps put myself back on the consideration list? I've basically been benched since the mission I lead failed, it looks more and more likely that was Tayrun or possibly Flim. I think we need to make a decision on who we think that was and reinstate the others as otherwise we are taking out 2 resistance members to deal with 1 spy, working like that will alway leave us worse off.
    What do you think?

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Cerberus - did you read my reasoning earlier? Admittedly it rests on the untested proposition that at the very least, doodles is NOT a spy, but if we assume that, then we really should try to propose that team again for mission 4.

    I am coming closer and closer to the conclusion that Tayrun is a spy who is very very good at his job.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    To clarify, the next team should be:

    blahmcblah
    mi-go hunter
    MrBody
    kilnaga (although I trust him the least in this set-up)
    Egos

    I know I'm really banging this drum hard, but if I was a spy and voted it down last time, why the hell would I want to drag the game out and choose that team this time?

  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    Flim, I'll be honest that I have just got up and there were 45 posts since I checked in before going to sleep around 11, so I may have missed a few posts and just read the recent ones... At least I am honest.

    So, working with your assumption that Doodles isn't a spy... and my belief that in the people used we have 2 people who are spies and the rest who are safe, we should identify who the spies are. That could explain a lot to us.

    If we say Tayrun sabotaged the mission I lead then me and you are likely safe, makes sense as he argued for rotation of new people to potentially draw away suspicion, though this is a bit of a leap of faith still.

    Still that gives us, You, Me, Doodles for a team so far.

    Mi-Go was on the first team and it passed but not on the second, seems logical based on that and what he has been saying he could be safe and MrBody is either a very ranty angry spy or resistance.

    So, what do people think of this team.

    Doodles
    Mi-Go
    Cerberus
    Flimflammery
    MrBody

    I expect that someone will disagree with it which is cool, but lets look at the whole team, so if we say no to someone (including me) lets not just say NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo I disagree they are spyz!!!! (This is aimed at Tayrun)
    Lets say who should be replaced by who and on what logic...

    Seem like a plan?

  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    To clarify, the next team should be:

    blahmcblah
    mi-go hunter
    MrBody
    kilnaga (although I trust him the least in this set-up)
    Egos

    I know I'm really banging this drum hard, but if I was a spy and voted it down last time, why the hell would I want to drag the game out and choose that team this time?

    You just said Doodles isn't a spy, well why is he not on the team? That seems wierd logic to me to say that then not put him on a team... Especially when you dont trust Kilnaga. It is things like that that make me suspicious of you.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    That seems solid to me, but I think we should save it for mission 5, and go with blah's proposal for mission 4.

  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    Fuck mission 5, lets get number 4 right! remember 1 spy in mission 4 who we trust kills us, if we take a gamble on mission 4 and try to figure out the spies on the missions already run, well if we get it right we pass both missions. It is a risk but the pay off is that we win.

  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    To clarify the spy we trust kills us in mission 5 (I am aware of the 2 failures for mission 4)

  • CerberusCerberus regular Registered User regular
    One thing I have to say before I hit the sack:

    Don't trust Flim.

    I know you are about to hit the sack, but what I want to know is, do you not trust Doodles? or do you agree with that but not trust Flim on a mission?
    Either way who would you replace with?

  • MrBodyMrBody regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    We're boned. All it takes is a single spy on this mission which is pretty likely. All they have to do is support this mission then we have no choice but to go with the same people into the final mission where 1 sabotage fails it and we lose. The spy will know if he's the only one on this mission and will have no reason to sabotage it if that won't be enough to fail. Heck, even if one sabotage shows up we still won't have enough info for a reliable 5 the last mission.

    Whatever. Voting yes for this proposal. If we manage to succeed, for the final mission I'm just voting no until it comes around to Mi-Go. It's still making my head hurt that people thought we had the luxury of throwing missions to play spy catcher.


    I'm curious what the win statistics for this game are. It seems like all the spies have to do is convince ONE resistance member and they can't lose. It almost seems like you'd need one less spy player and one more mission for the resistance to have a decent chance.

    MrBody on
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    One thing I have to say before I hit the sack:

    Don't trust Flim.

    I know you are about to hit the sack, but what I want to know is, do you not trust Doodles? or do you agree with that but not trust Flim on a mission?
    Either way who would you replace with?
    I'm puzzled too. mi-go doesn't trust me for admitting that the mission he was on and voted yes for, and yet I voted against originally, is the way forward? If I am a spy, and that mission had two spies on it, why would I vote against it originally?

    I see what you're saying about doodles, Cerberus. The only reason I'm suggesting we go with blah's original team is because of the logic that we cannot fail with it, since it's likely that most or all of the spies voted against it.

    If we rotate out kilnaga and put doodles in, that's fine by me too. Either way, people aren't going to put me or you on the mission, that's almost certain, so I think that means, as MrBody says, we are boned for the final mission.

  • EgosEgos regular Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I'm curious what the win statistics for this game are. It seems like all the spies have to do is convince ONE resistance member and they can't lose. It almost seems like you'd need one less spy player and one more mission for the resistance to have a decent chance.

    It's easier on IRC, and definitely easier with 5 players.

  • MrBodyMrBody regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Final spy predictions:

    Tayrun- Definitely
    FlimFlam- Should change name to "FlipFlop". He's not a spy, but he should be made an honorary one.


    Musings:

    Cerebus- I thought he might be until he put Tayrun on his mission. I really doubt spies would intentionally put multiple spies on missions in the first half. There was only one sabotage that mission, neither knew how the other would vote, and they both would have said "sabotage" for fear of the other spy not voting so.

    Mi-Go- Definitely not.
    Blah- A spy that consistently argues the sanest course of action? Mafia actor of the year if he turns out to be a spy.


    Not sure on the rest. Maybe future games should adopt the Phalla rule that players have to post a certain amount between votes. It's just impossible to get a read on people who don't say anything.

    MrBody on
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I was thinking about putting my final spy predictions up too, so since you've started us off...

    Final spy predictions:
    Tayrun
    kilnaga

    Possible spies:
    Daemonis
    Egos

    Final resistance predictions:
    me
    MrBody
    mi-go hunter
    Cerberus
    doodles
    blahmcblah

Sign In or Register to comment.