As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Thanks for weighing in on my side, best teammate buddy! *nudge* *wink*

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    The votes are in.

1. Blahmcblah - Yes
    2. Damonis - Yes
    3. Egos - No
    4. kilnaga - Yes
    5. mi-go hunter - Yes
    6. doodles 613 - yes
    7. Mr Body - Yes
    8. Flimflammery - Yes
    9. Cerberus - Yes
    10. Tayrun - Yes

Mission approved!

I'll need @MrBody, @Tayrun, and @Mi-go Hunter to send me their actions on the mission.

Remember, if you are Resistance, you can only approve missions.

• Options
    Also, if everyone could just respond in the PM I sent you, it makes it easier to keep this sort of thing straight.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Why the vote of no Egos?

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Why the vote of no Egos?

Because the Shadow doesn't trust Dan "The Imperial Spy"'s approval?

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Thalia hid her daggers in her coat and holstered her silenced revolver. She would play her part in assassinating the guards, but she can only hope that team leader Body and eager recruit Tayrun will complete their respective assignments.

It was time to strike the first big blow against the Imperials.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Would a silenced revolver even work? o_O

• Options
    edited August 2012
    MrBody wrote: »
    Would a silenced revolver even work? o_O

This is the 23rd millenium! Anything is possible...

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
  • Options
    The mission was a success! A blow for liberty has been struck!

The next mission leader is @Flimflammery.

Mission 2 - 4 Players / 1 fail

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    The mission was a success! A blow for liberty has been struck!
    Told you! I'm proud of you, guys!

• Options
    Thalia could now breathe a sigh of relief. Everything was executed according to the mission briefing. Tayrun had hacked into the security mainframe and blinded the cameras. Body planted the bombs. And Thalia took out all the guards one by one silently.
    Sometimes she went up close and personal and plunged a knife into a guard's stomach while covering his mouth. Other times, she threw her shuriken with deadly precision, always piercing their jugular vein. The guards on the watchtowers were taken out by her revolver. The guards eventually began to panic, but they could not find her.
    In ten minutes, Body's team came in and then withdrew back to the stealth aircraft. As they took off, they watched hundreds of tons of munitions blow skyhigh.

• Options
    Mission leader, you can trust me. In fact, you might be able to trust the three of us (Body, Tayrun, and I). I'm up for another mission.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Why the vote of no Egos?

What Thalia said.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Why the vote of no Egos?

What Thalia said.

Well, Shadow, it seems Gorbavski didn't rat out the mission team to his Imperial higher ups after all. You got all worried over nothing.

We've got nothing to worry about when it comes to you, eh "Spy"?, Corey said as he slapped Gorbovski on the back. Don't worry about the others' fretting over your unfortunate nickname; the mission went off without a hitch after all.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    "The others may be more cunning than Dan, Corwin".

"The fact that we even exist as a resistance demands it!"

• Options
    The mantle of leadership had passed to "Flimflam." Corwin had heard him speak of requesting a transfer out of the unit before the previous mission commenced. Perhaps "Flimflam" had known something the rest of the group had not; information on a spy within the unit perhaps? He had gone out on a solo scouting mission to gather intel for the next mission briefing. He had been out longer than planned, maybe the spies had had him intercepted.

This worried Corwin deeply. If he had a bottle he would have been driven to it, but liquor was hard to come by and the higher ups confiscated it if they found you with any if you did somehow manage to get you hands on some. Corwin brought himself back to the alley to smoke again, the tension and uncertainty within the unit was causing him to burn through his packs quicker than normal.

These things will be the death of me, Corwin thought, ...unless the Spies in the unit get me first.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    Hurrah! We have struck a blow to the imperial bastards!!!

• Options
    The Shadow looks down in shame "We have a Commander Flimflam." he emphasizes the name

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    The Shadow looks down in shame "We have a Commander Flimflam." he emphasizes the name
    Commander FlimFlam was right, this unit is somewhat reminiscent of Monty Python in its utter hilarity.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    PICK ME! PICK ME! I JUST PROVED I'M NOT A SPY!

PICK ME!!!

• Options
    The overeager recruit was jumping for another chance to prove himself. He was insistent in his proclamations of his allegiance to the Resistance... a little too insistent.

Corwin rolled his eyes. The fool actually thinks that just because the mission was a success, that he's instantly gained our trust. No spy would be so obvious as to make his move so early. This recruit still has a lot to learn; he's in for a rude awakening when the real action begins.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Thalia looked at the members gathered in the war room. There was the overeager recruit (though admittedly a good hacker), the Russian with broken English and a dubious background, the mysterious Shadow, the new mission leader Flimflam (a strange name!), the capable leader, Body, the man with a permanent scowl on his face, Victor, the spry and alert Corwin, the small statured Jian, and a man that didn't reveal much but his nickname "Doodles".

What was she getting herself into? Thalia thought. It was difficult to believe such a ragtag group is seriously opposing the well-organized and powerful Empire. Looks like it was up to her to pull the team together.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    FLIMFLAM! WHERE ARE YOU!?
    FLIMFLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Egos on
  • Options
    So, in this game is the better plan to use the people you used previously who appear to be safe or a new bunch?
    I can see pros and cons for both, I mean if you trust someone too heavily because of the fact they assisted you on the last mission and it went well they could then hurt each one from there on out. However not trusting some of the people on successful missions will lead you to likely take a spy from the rest of the remaining group.

• Options
    So, in this game is the better plan to use the people you used previously who appear to be safe or a new bunch?
    I can see pros and cons for both, I mean if you trust someone too heavily because of the fact they assisted you on the last mission and it went well they could then hurt each one from there on out. However not trusting some of the people on successful missions will lead you to likely take a spy from the rest of the remaining group.

That's why spies have to choose their battles carefully ,why rebels have to be careful on what teams they ok, and leaders of both ilk (mainly rebels though) who they choose to take along.

• Options
    I'm not sure why spies wouldn't choose to sabotage the first mission. Any suspicion you throw off seems less helpful than making a mission fail and putting you one-third of the way to victory. Almost seems like the BSG Cylon mistake of being so invested in never arousing suspicion that you forget to actually hurt the humans.

The only situation I can see is if more than one spy gets picked for the first mission and they don't want to place half or more of their members on the suspicious list. The odds of picking two spies in a row isn't the best.

OR I guess if the mission leader is a spy he could pick all spies hoping to clear all of them with a passed mission. But since I'm not oneThat's pretty risky though with no private communication allowed and a group you've never played with before. You'd have to hope that one of the other spies wasn't dumb enough to sabotage and blow the cover of 3/4ths your side.

• Options
    If there is only 1 spy then you actually do more harm to the resistance by making people suspicious about them.
    I think a good play would be sabotaging the first mission, though only if there was only 1 spy. Depends on how the spys (if there were any) on the mission thought through their plan.

• Options
    There are good reasons to both sabotage or not sabotage the first mission as a spy, depends on the table and the disposition of the other players picked. It's a social game, remember - there are no absolutes apart from this one.

Also Flimflam, missing deadlines advantages the spies and is waaaaay suspicious! Where are you buddy?

• Options
    I think we have a new person to nickname "Imperial Spy", Corwin chuckled.

The others turned to glare at him. Missing a Mission deadline was not a laughing matter.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Ok, if Flim doesn't show I am presuming that I am next on the list for mission leadership.
    My initial thought is to try the same team as last time, plus me, as if we are all resistence members then we have a really strong group who we know we can trust and that should be game.
    What do you think?

• Options
    I think that as long as you pick me I am happy and will vote yes.

• Options
    Ok, if Flim doesn't show I am presuming that I am next on the list for mission leadership.
    My initial thought is to try the same team as last time, plus me, as if we are all resistence members then we have a really strong group who we know we can trust and that should be game.
    What do you think?

:nods in agreement: I can't think of a better alternative.

• Options
    Or Cerebus is a spy and wants to break the trust of our little team!

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Have I missed the deadline?? I thought it was 24 hours from the announcement of the new leader... sorry, was a busy evening/morning.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    If I am still allowed to be the leader, then my plan was to use myself, as I am not a spy, and the three we have already had; the trouble with this, of course, is that if one of them is untrustworthy, it will paint me as the traitor. Troublesome.

• Options
    Any thoughts, fellow cellmates?

And just checking, 4:38 CST is 11:38 BST, right? So I've still got a few hours?

• Options
    Everyone is going to look untrustworthy if the mission fails.

• Options
    Yep, good point. I think that's the best course of action then. At least then we can quarantine the four of us for the next mission, though we will be at square one once more with regards to picking squad members. Nonetheless, I don't see a better option.

Therefore, my hand picked squad of commandoes shall be: Myself, MrBody, mi-go hunter, and Tayrun.