As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM GREENLIGHT] New rules added, check the OP

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

What if I'm not on steroids? Does it get worse?

Maybe you should be on steroids and go get your pump on

JtgVX0H.png
    Blendtec
  • AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about InFlux having sunk down to #69
    At least you're still in the Top 100. CTDV is nowhere near close, in the middle of the pack. Probably time to start bashing out a new game.

• LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Welp, there's still Desura and whatnot. And I mean, Valve aren't exactly consistent, you could probably still email them and maybe they'd consider it independent of Greenlight?
    Link your page again?

• SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93000640

Running With Scissors is trying to get Postal II on Steam.
    With all the fixin's.

Would love to see this happen.

*Edit* someone else already posted about this :(

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Welp, there's still Desura and whatnot. And I mean, Valve aren't exactly consistent, you could probably still email them and maybe they'd consider it independent of Greenlight?
    Link your page again?

Eh, I'm already on Desura. Sales there are pretty non-existent. And not only did they completely close the independent submission pipeline in favor of Greenlight, but they turned me down back in July before Greenlight went live. In the end, I made a physics platformer, and the market is awash in those. Time to move on to something else.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The computer version of Elder Sign: Omens is on Greenlight now.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Ice Pick Lodge's new game, Knock Knock, is on Greenlight. I guess once you go indie, Valve makes you go Greenlight, even if your games have been on Steam in the past. Sucks to be them! Ice Pick Lodge is the kind of company that makes niche games for people who like strange things, and I wonder whether they'll be able to muster the votes it takes to get Greenlit.

And hey as long as I'm here, The Stanley Parable HD has a new promo video to try to get more votes on Greenlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DsMuHIjCMU

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    That is the most glorious promotional video I've ever seen.

I really hope stuff like the Stanley Parable and Icepick Lodge games can make it on Greenlight. If this system turns Steam against that kind of creativity I'll be sorely disappointed.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yeah. That's a pretty amazing promotional video.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I'll buy anything Ice-Pick makes because I love them for making Cargo and The Void. I hear Pathologic is great too, but I haven't found a copy.

I am also pleased that the Stanley Parable video is only available in 240p.

SvK on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Ice Pick Lodge's new game, Knock Knock, is on Greenlight. I guess once you go indie, Valve makes you go Greenlight, even if your games have been on Steam in the past. Sucks to be them! Ice Pick Lodge is the kind of company that makes niche games for people who like strange things, and I wonder whether they'll be able to muster the votes it takes to get Greenlit.

I desperately need to go back and play Pathologic some more, but the description for Knock Knock sounds great. I am on board.

forumsig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    SvK wrote: »
    I'll buy anything Ice-Pick makes because I love them for making Cargo and The Void. I hear Pathologic is great too, but I haven't found a copy.

I am also pleased that the Stanley Parable video is only available in 240p.

I think I got a copy of Pathlogic on Gamersgate on sale some time ago. Not sure where else it is available.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I believe that today is the day they announce the next 10 approved Steam Greenlight games. I'm kind of amused that of the 10 that were announced previously, only one has actually made it onto Steam so far. I kind of thought Black Mesa would make it on by now.

...still hoping LA-MULANA gets approved.

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Well, most of them seem to still be in development. And who knows, maybe it's just taking a while to implement the Steam features in Black Mesa.

They said that once a game is accepted, they reach out to the developers to take things up from there. I don't know where people got the "approved on Greenlight, on Steam next day" expectation from because Valve have never said that was the case.

forumsig.png
    They said that once a game is accepted, they reach out to the developers to take things up from there. I don't know where people got the "approved on Greenlight, on Steam next day" expectation from because Valve have never said that was the case.

Yeah, I didn't have the expectation that it'd be an overnight process at all either. But I did think that since some of the games were alreeady finished that they'd get onto the store pretty quickly. I'm not too bothered by it, though. It's not like I don't have enough stuff to play.

SteevL wrote: »

Yeah, I didn't have the expectation that it'd be an overnight process at all either. But I did think that since some of the games were alreeady finished that they'd get onto the store pretty quickly. I'm not too bothered by it, though. It's not like I don't have enough stuff to play.

Sorry, I was in a bit of a tetchy mood when I wrote that so it sounded a bit patronising. Basically I'm expecting that Steam doesn't cut out the Valve validation process, it is merely another way to get the game in front of them. Whereas before you'd have to keep pleading with them to take a look, then they'll do so, check it's all worthy to go up on Steam and so forth, this circumvents the first part of that by getting the game in front of Valve by another means. So yeah, hopefully they can work through the next stages and get things on the store as soon as possible.

forumsig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I believe that today is the day they announce the next 10 approved Steam Greenlight games. I'm kind of amused that of the 10 that were announced previously, only one has actually made it onto Steam so far. I kind of thought Black Mesa would make it on by now.

...still hoping LA-MULANA gets approved.
    Having gone through it twice, Black Mesa has some bugs and issues that could really use more playtesting. For a fan-made, fan released mod it's fine but for a Steam release it might not be up to Valve's standard, especially when it's a remake of one of their games.

Also, the Black Mesa team isn't known for their punctuality

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    21 new Greenlit games:

Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
    AirBuccaneers
    Blockscape
    Contrast
    Fly'n
    Folk Tale
    Forge
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Project Giana)
    Gnomoria
    Interstellar Marines
    Lost Story: The Last Days of Earth
    Miasmata
    Miner Wars 2081
    NEOTOKYO
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch
    Perpetuum
    POSTAL 2 COMPLETE
    Secrets of Grindea
    The Intruder
    The Stanley Parable: HD Remix
    Yogventures!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/9086/
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=765&browsesort=pending

camo_sig2.png
    There's some really good stuff in there! Air Buccaneers, NEOTOKYO, and The Stanley Parable are real standouts.

Seems like a good list.

Maybe I should have just bought La Mulana from GOG last week when it was on sale.

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Really excited about Contrast and Miasmata. Lot of good looking games there.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Steam Greenlight now accepts non-gaming software submissions and game concepts, among a few other changes.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1317560700900257093

camo_sig2.png
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    They now have a widget creator, I guess. Brb posting widget all over internet.

LaCabra on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Currently praying that someone gets the stones to make a field medic game.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams becomes the second released Steam Greenlight game.

Postal 2 is out. Third game from Steam Greenlight.

camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2012
    Qasir al-Wasat: A Night in-Between really needs some support on Greenlight. It's fantastic. You guys know what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRU9xWEa-I0

Drake on
    Mercutio87BrocksMullet
    Latest batch of Greenlit games:

Blackspace
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Dawn of Fantasy
    Dragon's Lair
    Euro Truck Simulator 2
    Gear Up
    Kinetic Void - Space Adventure
    The Light
    No Time To Explain
    Primordia
    Sang-Froid : Tales of Werewolves
    StarForge
    Waking Mars

Still no La Mulana. :(

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Anybody know what the status on Blackspace is? I know their Kickstarter failed miserably, much to my dismay, but I haven't heard a peep about it since then.

Psyched to see StarForge and Waking Mars make it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Glad to see Gear Up finally get Greenlit, I've had my eye on that since Greenlight first went up.

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Anyone have a clue when Project Zomboids going to be up on steam for purchase? I really want to give it a whirl.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue when Project Zomboids going to be up on steam for purchase? I really want to give it a whirl.

The devs have basically said "when it's done." They're still fixing a lot of issues with the game. Fairly certain if you buy from them or Desura they'll give you a Steam key upon release if you're really itching to play.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »

The devs have basically said "when it's done." They're still fixing a lot of issues with the game. Fairly certain if you buy from them or Desura they'll give you a Steam key upon release if you're really itching to play.

Yeah I know they will give steam keys, I was just wanting to avoid being tied to another download service. Thanks for the information.

Buttcleft on
    edited December 2012
    One thing in Desura's favor as an additional download service and client is that it's a great companion to Steam. Just about every Half Life and Half Life 2 (as well as pretty much any game you can think of that has a modding scene) mod ever is on Desura, and it will seamlessly download and install them for you. Then you can launch the mod right from Steam. Desura has found a permanent spot in my digital distribution sites, along with GoG and Steam.

Drake on
    testsubject23
    Desura is my favorite download service. The client works a bit better than Steam and it's easier to not update games if you don't want an update that might break something (or whatever). Combine that with one click installs for a zillion awesome mods and Desura is just as crucial to digital distribution as Steam is, in my opinion. Heck, it even imports your Indie Royale games automatically without having to put in any codes.

Drake
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Am I right in saying that if I've got a game on Steam that has mods available on Desura, but the core game is not available of Desura (Crysis 1 for example), it's a slick process to be able to use mods from Desura?

steam_sig.png
    Yes.

TeeMan