Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

City of Heroes or Villains or Rogues

15455565860

Posts

  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It is real. We can't give you more details, for... reasons, that apply to this board. But do some googling. You'll figure it out.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    No, you are in fact dreaming right now.

    FUCK.
    It is real. We can't give you more details, for... reasons, that apply to this board. But do some googling. You'll figure it out.

    That's fine, my google-fu is strong. I'm just curious how this is going to work from Australia; I used to play from the UK but if I understand correctly there's just one single server for the whole world right now?

    Space.
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Nah, there's four NA servers and one EU server right now. At least from the main group doing this.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    I'm playing on the US servers from the EU and it's fine. Bit of a delay on knock-back, but that's not really twitch critical.

  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    Glal wrote: »
    I'm playing on the US servers from the EU and it's fine. Bit of a delay on knock-back, but that's not really twitch critical.

    It does help that the game is not that dependant on precise input.

    On stuff, made a Time/Dual Pistols Defender, going through Praetoria again. People say that Praetoria is dependant on the regular history to understand what's going on, but I found that it stands quite well on it's own, if you are into cyberpunk dystopias. Defender means that personal DPS is on the lower side, but Time Manipulation is kinda OP so is super safe, also found out that can just fly above enemies to not get hit by most attacks. Also, Defenders have the highest buff/debuff/Leadership values so on groups can use the main DP gimmick, different ammo types, to get Toxic for that sweet -Damage debuff.

    TryCatcher on
    BasilH3KnucklesDyvim Tvar
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    yo has anyone remade the Squadron supergroup? Was playing the other day and that just popped into my head.

  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    Right. Picture of baby Time/DP Defender, Science origin:
    8e9e228d8e480539aa39ee08a687d38d.png
    Yes, is going full Equilibrium, but can get away with it easily on Praetoria. And it looks amazing. Time colors have a golden tint.

    TryCatcher on
    FiendishrabbitCommander ZoomMr RayH3KnucklesGenji-GlovesDyvim TvarArchSarksus
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    gurusloth wrote: »
    yo has anyone remade the Squadron supergroup? Was playing the other day and that just popped into my head.

    I forget, which one was The Squadron?
    Was that the one were we were all assorted aliens who ran around welcoming people to Earf?
    Or was it the one where everyone was an Illusuion/* controller?
    Pretty sure it wasn't the knockoff video game characters SG.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    Is there a PA SG at all?

    I have interest in such a thing.

    Macro9 on
    bO0v7.png
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the shit out of this because frankly I'm not expecting it to last and I need my nostalgia fix. The thing is, I stopped playing well before the last issue, before going rogue and power customization, so to me its not just going back to an old favourite, it's going back to an old favourite with a bunch of new content that I've never seen before. And I must see it all.

    Worth noting; the "Pay2Win" vendors sell xp boosters which used to cost cash monies but are now free, so there is no reason not to be constantly earning double xp.

    Space.
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    There's a PA SG, Pax Arcadia. There's also an in-game channel, "Penny Arcade".

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Macro9H3KnucklesDyvim Tvar
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Worth noting; the "Pay2Win" vendors sell xp boosters which used to cost cash monies but are now free, so there is no reason not to be constantly earning double xp.
    Well, except that you lose INF rewards doing so. Which isn't too big of a deal, you still get enhancement, recipe and salvage drops, but if this is your first character you might have trouble keeping your enhancements to date, at least until you can get those level 25 IOs in there.

  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The solution I've found is to run one character up to 50, and use them and the gobs of inf you get from just about anything at that level to finance all your alts. Once they hit 50 too, the whole thing sorta snowballs.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    GlalMrVyngaardNarbus
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Yeah, this. Also, honestly, if you're new to the game, or playing through new content, you maybe don't want to power through it to begin with? If you've never done Praetoria then taking your time and reading all the story is well worth it (extra so if you decide to keep going through the post-20 Praetoria content).
    Double XP is great when you're rolling an alt whose powers you want to play with, but it'll level you past story arcs right quick (and then you need to use Ouroboros to replay them, since you can't take outleveled missions otherwise).

    Commander ZoomPhoenix-DMrVyngaardH3Knuckles
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Wait, does it actually stop inf gain, or do you just mean that my xp gain will be so far ahead of my inf gain that I'll end up falling behind?

    Also I had no idea you could transfer inf between characters, how does that work exactly?

    Space.
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    Talk to the P2Win rep. You can choose any ratio between "less inf, more xp" to "no inf, double xp". There's no cost, and you can buy up to eight hours of time at a given rate. This time does not tick down when you're offline. To see how much time remains, open your Powers window and right click on the XP Boost power, then check Info.

    Transfer of inf to your alts is usually done by in-game email; there's a box/field to type an amount into. IOs, etc, can also be mailed to yourself (one per). Emails are sent to global name (e.g. @MrRay) and can be accessed, or in this case claimed, by any character on the receiving account (in this case, your own).

    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    H3Knuckles
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Ahh, okay. I guess I didn't read good, I'd assumed it was a free xp boost with no downside.

    Are "global" emails able to be sent across server boundaries?

    Space.
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Tested it just now, yes, global emails are cross-server.

  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    I'm playing the shit out of this because frankly I'm not expecting it to last and I need my nostalgia fix. The thing is, I stopped playing well before the last issue, before going rogue and power customization, so to me its not just going back to an old favourite, it's going back to an old favourite with a bunch of new content that I've never seen before. And I must see it all.

    Worth noting; the "Pay2Win" vendors sell xp boosters which used to cost cash monies but are now free, so there is no reason not to be constantly earning double xp.

    The stuff to do it is out in the wild now; they can play wack a mole with public servers but getting rid of them all probably will never happen.

    H3Knuckles
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    The Going Rogue/Praetoria stuff is a bit both-sidesy for my taste but there's still some cool stories and zones there, enjoy them

  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    My original logic, before I realised it was an xp/inf tradeoff mind you, was that I've seen the low-level content a bajillion times and what I really want to do is level up to 20 where things start to get interesting. Except it turns out a lot of the low level content has been radically redone; I've never seen the "Shining stars" mission cha
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    I'm playing the shit out of this because frankly I'm not expecting it to last and I need my nostalgia fix. The thing is, I stopped playing well before the last issue, before going rogue and power customization, so to me its not just going back to an old favourite, it's going back to an old favourite with a bunch of new content that I've never seen before. And I must see it all.

    Worth noting; the "Pay2Win" vendors sell xp boosters which used to cost cash monies but are now free, so there is no reason not to be constantly earning double xp.

    The stuff to do it is out in the wild now; they can play wack a mole with public servers but getting rid of them all probably will never happen.

    No, but every whack fragments the community and resets everyone's progress.

    I'm hearing rumblings that there are negotiations with NCSoft occurring right now to be allowed to start up and run a legit server, but we heard this before and they went nowhere because NC wanted some ridiculous sum of money for the source code which made it clear they weren't negotiating in good faith.

    Space.
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    gurusloth wrote: »
    yo has anyone remade the Squadron supergroup? Was playing the other day and that just popped into my head.

    I forget, which one was The Squadron?
    Was that the one were we were all assorted aliens who ran around welcoming people to Earf?
    Or was it the one where everyone was an Illusuion/* controller?
    Pretty sure it wasn't the knockoff video game characters SG.

    the aliens one

  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    My original logic, before I realised it was an xp/inf tradeoff mind you, was that I've seen the low-level content a bajillion times and what I really want to do is level up to 20 where things start to get interesting. Except it turns out a lot of the low level content has been radically redone; I've never seen the "Shining stars" mission cha
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    I'm playing the shit out of this because frankly I'm not expecting it to last and I need my nostalgia fix. The thing is, I stopped playing well before the last issue, before going rogue and power customization, so to me its not just going back to an old favourite, it's going back to an old favourite with a bunch of new content that I've never seen before. And I must see it all.

    Worth noting; the "Pay2Win" vendors sell xp boosters which used to cost cash monies but are now free, so there is no reason not to be constantly earning double xp.

    The stuff to do it is out in the wild now; they can play wack a mole with public servers but getting rid of them all probably will never happen.

    No, but every whack fragments the community and resets everyone's progress.

    I'm hearing rumblings that there are negotiations with NCSoft occurring right now to be allowed to start up and run a legit server, but we heard this before and they went nowhere because NC wanted some ridiculous sum of money for the source code which made it clear they weren't negotiating in good faith.

    Those negotiations are almost a decade old, is obvious that they are going nowhere. So, rather just chill and enjoy the game.

    MrVyngaard
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Kay wrote: »
    There's a PA SG, Pax Arcadia. There's also an in-game channel, "Penny Arcade".

    which server is this om

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Primarily Everlasting.

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Woke up this morning as the SG leader.

    THIS WILL NOT DO.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    BasilJaysonFourMrVyngaardH3Knuckles
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Baby Defender went to places, was bored during the weekend so:
    8483abdc8e45b54ab80a981355852ac5.png

    H3KnucklesGlal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Is that for collecting all the exploration badges in all the Praetoria zones?

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, and Headjuiced is for finding all the Resistance posters, like History plaques in Primal

    H3Knuckles
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Kay wrote: »
    Woke up this morning as the SG leader.

    THIS WILL NOT DO.

    @kay what’s the name of the sg/who should I hit up in game? I’m on everlasting and, surprising no one, play, uh, a lot

    Arch
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Woke up this morning as the SG leader.

    THIS WILL NOT DO.

    @kay what’s the name of the sg/who should I hit up in game? I’m on everlasting and, surprising no one, play, uh, a lot

    @Whippy if you add the global channel "Penny Arcade" and speak up in there, anyone should be able to invite you to the SG! Trying to remember how you do this, but I think it's as simple as right clicking a chat tab and selecting 'add global channel'.

    I need to fill the IO bins as soon as I get home from playing Hero/Shadowrun, and if you've not managed to get an invite by then, I can invite.

    My Global is @KayMart if you want to add me now, though.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    WhippyH3Knuckles
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Added! <333

  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Robo is currently the SG leader, but I think he's traveling most of today. I'll be back tonight around 5pm EST, I'll poke around and check the channel then!

    Probably take some time to introduce you to my main if you like, maybe see if Dalantia's online, they do a lot of RP too.

    My main's not actually in the PA SG, I've been working on building a base myself as an RP area with portal functionality.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Also, @Whippy my global is @Zinnar and I do a ton of RP and am usually online at least until the semester starts.

    I can also invite you to the SG

  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Also, @Whippy my global is @Zinnar and I do a ton of RP and am usually online at least until the semester starts.

    I can also invite you to the SG

  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited July 23
    Since I have to get a level 50 at some point, decided to finish off getting stuff for my Mastermind. I...kinda stopped playing him for half a month since I tried to do all Anti-Matter missions on the same day...and there's like 12 of them. lol.

    That aside, finished off the last two missing missions and went to do stuff, now at 43 and managed to snag this:
    9d6886165a80e3c19a0c35baba4010bf.png

    For Fake Nemesis, there's a Signature Story Arc on Steel Cannon that has the first map full of Nemesis, so you go to it, kill all Fake Nemesis and then reset, you get like 30 per clear with a full team (or +8 if you have a full build), so only have to do it 3-4 times.

    TryCatcher on
    Crippl3MrVyngaardH3Knuckles
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    One of the things I really missed about this game was that because it threw you up against such a huge volume of dudes, it made crowd control important. Ran the Positron stuff tonight with a team of four scrappers and no control. The Vahz are overtuned for their level, true, but even then, with no crowd control, all of the zombies have to barf on somebody.

    Using crowd control to delay an alpha strike long enough to burst down the minions, or to precision disable somebody with annoying toggles, is a skill I didn't really see in a lot of other games, and I'm glad I get to practice it again.

    Commander ZoomBasilH3Knuckles
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    That's one of the reasons I sometimes enjoy playing in lower level, smaller teams- you're forced to use all of those secondary skills instead of just maxing your damage output. Knock-back as soft CC, those normally-useless single target sleeps, your blaster's weenie hold, the weird-ass "levitate one person and it levitates everyone around them" control, suddenly they all make sense.

    And then you play with a group of incarnates and everyone is just exploding stuff every time cooldowns are down and yawn.

  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    City of Heroes was the first MMO I really played beyond a few levels of FFXI or SWG, so I thought “mobs” referred to a literal mob of enemies since you commonly fought them in groups in CoH.

    YL9WnCY.png
    BionicPenguinCrippl3Jacobkosh
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I sometimes enjoy playing in lower level, smaller teams- you're forced to use all of those secondary skills instead of just maxing your damage output. Knock-back as soft CC, those normally-useless single target sleeps, your blaster's weenie hold, the weird-ass "levitate one person and it levitates everyone around them" control, suddenly they all make sense.

    And then you play with a group of incarnates and everyone is just exploding stuff every time cooldowns are down and yawn.

    Incarnate abilities seem to be balanced for Incarnate Trials, so it makes sense that pre-Incarnate content gets obsolete. But since Paragon devs didn't get tied to "seasons", still can get rewards from it.

Sign In or Register to comment.