As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Madden NFL 13] Broshaming is not cool, bro.

• Options
    BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
    @tiger burning do you know who is in control of the Seahawks?

Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Took a little break from Borderlands and played some games as me as a WR for Green Bay. Realized i was on track to break Jerry Rice's single season recieving yards record. By week 15 my 10-4 Packers were at home against the 4-10 Titans and i needed 5 recieving yards to break the record.

Had an absolute monster of a game. 9 receptions for 273 yards and 2 TDs.

Unfortunately Cedric Benson fumbled twice and Rodgers tried to force a pass to me that got intercepted. Final score was 31-27 Titans :( At least i set the record with like 2118 yards and one game to go.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    BathTubb wrote: »
    @tiger burning do you know who is in control of the Seahawks?

I don't know. I take it he hasn't responded to PS3 messages? Let me know if he hasn't, and I'll set him to auto this evening.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ugh I had a roooough game against the 49ers. Holding penalties always set me off on a bad course. Even though getting 20 yards in 3 plays isnt impossible, I usually end up forcing something or taking a sack or some nonsense.

In this game, I was trying to throw it away but got hit and tossed it right to a d-lineman for a pick 6 :(

Then later I got picked again. I dont like it! Not one bit! Also, had a few crucial drops. I won...but not in the manner I should have against the AI :(

Tiger, how the heck are you holding the AI to such few yards? TEs doing posts or some other nonsense always seem to get at least a few big plays on me. I have no idea how you just absolutely just shut down their passing game.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    Strike 2 Spy is a good play to cover the middle of the field on a seem. also Double TE under a 3-4 alignment tends to keep him held.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    my main problem is that my defenders don't bite on a called play action, but then on a normal pass without a PA motion they seem to jump the run and let defenders get behind them as they just stand there trying to turn around from running towards the line at the snap. Telling the DBs to backoff seems to stop it, but then it leaves me wide open for short throws and runs get extra yardage

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    My signature move involves double tapping the snap button, which results in the qb immediately throwing to my A receiver, leading to a pick six.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ugh I had a roooough game against the 49ers. Holding penalties always set me off on a bad course. Even though getting 20 yards in 3 plays isnt impossible, I usually end up forcing something or taking a sack or some nonsense.

In this game, I was trying to throw it away but got hit and tossed it right to a d-lineman for a pick 6 :(

Then later I got picked again. I dont like it! Not one bit! Also, had a few crucial drops. I won...but not in the manner I should have against the AI :(

Tiger, how the heck are you holding the AI to such few yards? TEs doing posts or some other nonsense always seem to get at least a few big plays on me. I have no idea how you just absolutely just shut down their passing game.

Man 2 Under (the first play in every formation) shuts down the computer about 80% of the time. Just make sure you have enough corners on the field to matchup with it's wide-outs, and that should keep the computer mostly in check. It's boring, but it works. I'll do that 9 plays out of 10, throwing in a zone blitz every now and again. Keep in mind it has to be that play, not just any man defense. With the 2 deep safeties, the corners will stick in tight coverage underneath, while in other man defenses they'll play off the receivers.

Other than that, the biggest thing you can do to keep the computer from scoring is not throw picks. Most of the points the computer scores against me are the result of interceptions and fumbles.

• Options
    Yeah, thats pretty much what I do. Man 2 all day with the occasional zone blitz (usually just cause im bored of man 2) but I still give up a few big plays.

Last game had a 40 yard throw into double coverage that moss caught between the saftey and cb.

But usually its the TE running ins and posts that get me. I tend to have to play the defender on the TE and try to predict which route he is running to absolutely shut down the TE. Otherwise they will start just constantly hitting the TE for 10-15 every other play for a drive or two.

It also may be that the Vikings dont exactly have the best secondary, so they give up some plays.

My D isnt bad, but seeing you give up negative passing yards in some games is just insane to me.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    @ANTVGM64

Week 3: Jets/Dolphins

I'm a west coaster so anytime 6 to 11 PST (tonight or tomorrow)

If Saturday's better for you I'm game anytime before 4pm

• Options
    @BathTubb

FourRats (Seahawks) is on auto now.

• Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Man 2 Under (the first play in every formation) shuts down the computer about 80% of the time. Just make sure you have enough corners on the field to matchup with it's wide-outs, and that should keep the computer mostly in check. It's boring, but it works. I'll do that 9 plays out of 10, throwing in a zone blitz every now and again. Keep in mind it has to be that play, not just any man defense. With the 2 deep safeties, the corners will stick in tight coverage underneath, while in other man defenses they'll play off the receivers.

Other than that, the biggest thing you can do to keep the computer from scoring is not throw picks. Most of the points the computer scores against me are the result of interceptions and fumbles.

This is basically my strategy, but I do play with teams that have really strong defensive lines (NYG online, SF offline) so rushing 4-5 is still really good most of the time. I need to work on my offense as I am still throwing too many picks, but my defense has pretty much been dominating the computer. Pierre-Paul in the last two league games has completely destroyed the opposing offense. I think I could finish the league 1 in Defense and 32nd in offense because even though I'm probably averaging around 20 points per game, my total offense is likely around 225 yards per game. A lot of that has to do with the defense putting my in great field position, and my reluctance to try and stretch the field vertically in the passing game.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    360 League will be advanced in about 5 hours, get your last minute actions in!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Maximum wrote: »
    @ANTVGM64

East Coast here, lets see, I'm out of work at 9pm EST tomorrow, which is...6 your time if my math is correct. So how does 10pm EST / 7pm Your Time sound?

Also I am interested in Trading for Stephen Hill on your team, if you're interested.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    @ANTVGM64

East Coast here, lets see, I'm out of work at 9pm EST tomorrow, which is...6 your time if my math is correct. So how does 10pm EST / 7pm Your Time sound?

Also I am interested in Trading for Stephen Hill on your team, if you're interested.

7 tomorrow it is.

As for Hill, I'd have to look at your roster. I sort of doubt it since my offense is such a load of shit as it is. I seriously need a running back that can do more than fall straight down after the snap, but I doubt Hill would net me one capable of such feats.

• Options
  • Options
    Did the commish forget to advance the PS3 league yesterday?

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    I'll advance it now. I wanted to give Bath Tubb an extra day to play his game, because his opponent didn't show.

• Options
    Hey Hey, sorry about last night @Maximum, I got caught up in a situation involving a bottle of Cookie Dough Vodka and a pretty lady.

Anyhoot, how does tonight strike you?

• Options
    I'll advance it now. I wanted to give Bath Tubb an extra day to play his game, because his opponent didn't show.

Ok, cool. That's no problem.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Hey, sorry about last night @Maximum, I got caught up in a situation involving a bottle of Cookie Dough Vodka and a pretty lady.

Anyhoot, how does tonight strike you?

I should be around before and after the Giants playoff game tonight.

• Options
    It was an odd victory for the Dolphins, as Tebow had a very Tebow-esque 148 yards passing and one TD, Steve Slaton and Stephen's-Howling both ran for over a hundred yards, and backup TE was the leading reciever with 77 yards and two TD grabs.

Miami: 46
    New York Jets: 14

• Options
    It was an odd victory for the Dolphins, as Tebow had a very Tebow-esque 148 yards passing and one TD, Steve Slaton and Stephen's-Howling both ran for over a hundred yards, and backup TE was the leading reciever with 77 yards and two TD grabs.

Miami: 46
    New York Jets: 14

Remind me not to play Madden after drinking 12 beers ever again

I don't even remember anything about this game after Sanchez's fumble.

• Options
    Well, Santonio Holmes had like, 300000 yards receiving or so, but toward the end there I could tell you were frustrated and started chucking the ball to covered dudes. For a second there you were within 3 points and I was panicking.

• Options
    maybe I'll remember to add some stats to my post after I advance in about 3 hours

• Options
    Madden Gods do not like me.

So your entire offense is pretty much based around Percy Harvin being awesome? He is out for 7 weeks, now what will you do?

Picked up Lee Evans and (the other) Steve Smith. Im hoping Evan's speed with Smith's physicalness and catch in traffic can combine into percy harvin. Will have to learn the package substituions better to be able to swap them in and out when the situation calls for it...

Also gunna have to run more 3-4 WR sets because I no longer have a guy I can be absolutely confident in, so I am gunna need more options. This is gunna lead to more reads, and thus bad reads and more picks. Huzzah!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Madden Gods do not like me.

So your entire offense is pretty much based around Percy Harvin being awesome? He is out for 7 weeks, now what will you do?

Picked up Lee Evans and (the other) Steve Smith. Im hoping Evan's speed with Smith's physicalness and catch in traffic can combine into percy harvin. Will have to learn the package substituions better to be able to swap them in and out when the situation calls for it...

Also gunna have to run more 3-4 WR sets because I no longer have a guy I can be absolutely confident in, so I am gunna need more options. This is gunna lead to more reads, and thus bad reads and more picks. Huzzah!

HB Draw in a Spread formation can be incredibly effective, usually netting 8-10 yards a run with a mid level back. With AP you should get 15+ no problem.

• Options
    Yeah the draw is amazingly broken in this game, from all formations. It sucks playing actual people online because you pretty much have to guess draw and use the run commit defensive selection to stop it. The only good thing is if you can crush the draw 2-3 times early most folks take it out of their playbook.

The other day I had my MLB just stare down the running back as he ran passed him because he was still biting on the draw. Dude just ran by you with the ball, maybe its time to move on from that pass defense

Blitzes are decent counters to it too. But I dont like to blitz, leaves me too vulnerable. But I guess the run commit option is sort of a super run blitz that will also leave me super vulnerable. I just tend to guess right a lot when using it, so I dont see the ramifications.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    A good way to stop the draw is to control a linebacker or a safety in a middle zone. There isn't any fake draw action in this game (that I have seen anyway), so as soon as you see the QB do the little draw handoff animation you can jump it quickly.

ed: also whoever's controlling green bay in the XBL league, I failed to realize we were playing this week so I didn't send you a message or anything. Sorry about that

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think something weird is going on in the online franchise. I was looking at the league stats after playing my week four game and I saw that I'm leading the league in sacks, with 18. Which would be a ridiculous number on its own (nearly on pace to break the all-time league record), but then I noticed that 14 of them have been provided by one guy, Red Bryant. Who according to the game is a relatively pedestrian 83 rated defensive end, but seems to be completely unblockable and I'm not sure why.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    That's... that doesn't seem right. I play Seahawks in another league and Red Bryant is not that dominant.

I'm calling Hax, your now banned from the league

• Options
    Mark Sanchez has thrown 7 picks in 3 games according to the stats.

This must be a bug....that number is way too low.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    For a hilarious comparison, in the PS3 league Matt Cassel has thrown... like 18 picks?

Have I mentioned that I am terribly bad at this game? Because I totally am.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    @y2jake215

You're my opponent this week. Whenever you have time to beat my ass, let me know.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @maximum

I can play whenever. Dying of disease right now so I'll be a less than stellar opponent though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @maximum could do right now, actually, if you're available

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in, just waiting for you. Please don't die.

• Options
    alright i just went upstairs for a minute, i'll be there in like 4 minutes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    All good, I'll go take a quick tinkle.