As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for Calligraphy Style Fonts

DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone have a good website for fonts that are free?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Blambot is a popular one. There's a lot of free fonts there you can use for non commercial use.

Also comiccraft (which I believe is comicbookfonts.com) has some good cheap fonts and they do an annual sale every new year's day where the fonts are $20.10, $20.11, $20.12, and will be $20.13 each this coming year.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    abstractfonts.com and dafont.com both have a category section where you can search for a Caligraphy style that suits your needs. That said, most free fonts are terrible. Bad letter spacing, lack of lowercases and missing glyphs are the most noticeable traits I spot when I am forced to use one.

I always buy my fonts at myfonts.com. Superior quality.

• Options
    SubhumanSubhuman Overlord BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I just got setup to start designing typefaces. I have a few families designed and saved to photoshop, but getting them into the FontCreator software has proven to be a bit challenging and I haven't had time to run through the 30 some page pdf. Lack of good Kerning is a big thing bothers me about free fonts. I vow to have all the kinks worked out before I even offer free sets.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"- Napoleon Bonaparte