As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DayZ Standalone] Early Access now available on Steam

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Oh hey you found a bag

Still can't believe I had to hump all the way to a sodding airfield to get one

I MADE a bag. Im all man. I live off the land.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Oh hey you found a bag

Is hunting in yet?

I want to hunt a deer with my axe

Also today I went to the beached ship and ran into (and was killed by) the greatest glitch ever. Game started to lag me through all the walls and bulkheads of the ship but like started to accelerate me and ended up launching me back toward Berezino (I think that is the town nearest the ship) and my corpse landed in a heap in front of a fresh spawn dude

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    and my corpse landed in a heap in front of a fresh spawn dude

That guy:

"... :|:|:|"

<Logout>

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Oh hey you found a bag

Is hunting in yet?

I want to hunt a deer with my axe

Also today I went to the beached ship and ran into (and was killed by) the greatest glitch ever. Game started to lag me through all the walls and bulkheads of the ship but like started to accelerate me and ended up launching me back toward Berezino (I think that is the town nearest the ship) and my corpse landed in a heap in front of a fresh spawn dude

Hunting is not in, its coming.

Ship demands sacrifice in exchange for its loot. One of your party.... you it doesnt care how.... blood must be paid.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh hey you found a bag

I like the idea of the backpack crafting - plus it looks sweet - but the materials to make the thing are 1) random drops from the "miscellaneous crap" tables, so you'll do a LOT of scavenging before probably finding all three, and 2) take up five inventory slots - sack is two horizontal, sticks are two vertical, one for the rope - which is a LOT when you don't have a backpack yet.

Given, you can make a 12-slot pack with just a sack and rope, adding the sticks later. But that just means you need to luck out finding the materials in a specific order. It seems to me that 9/10 times you're going to find a real pack before the improvised materials.

Maybe when they flesh out the foraging, you can get twigs from...I dunno, trees or something? And they'll let us use a t-shirt instead of a sack.

VedicIntent on
    VT09mOz.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    well... it more oft happens like this. Mental note sticks in this barn. Oh i found rope and bag! go back to stick- craft it on the ground.

you never need to hold all 3. I only ever carry the rope for space savings. But yeah.

The decreased spawns make finding bags a bear sometimes.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    The police station in the new town is a really interesting building

Also fuck me that new town is gonna be an interesting place for a firefight

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Flank town! now featuring flanks

The new animation preview (thumbs up, thumbs down, point at , throat slit) they posted on twitter featured what appears to be an m16a2 on the guys back. So more military loot that will be very rare. Gimmie a rustic bolt action hunting rifle. Gimmie a 870 with a wooden stock only spawning in police stations. Things that you might actually find.....

BfAFi-bCQAAd2UZ.jpg:large

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Maybe thats a civilian AR15 (no muzzle attachment).

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Capsaicin wrote: »

Could be. Length looks like something biggish like the m16.

Ruger 10/22 and the sks are coming next. Which im so so happy about. Ima go shoot my 10/22 in approval of this news.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Ruger 10/22 and the sks are coming next. Which im so so happy about. Ima go shoot my 10/22 in approval of this news.

Except there might actually BE ammo for the 10/22 in the apocalypse because fuck me I haven't shot my real life .22 in forever. I haven't shopped in about a month but even then if you were trying to buy non-magnum it was still hard to find (in Ohio at least).

• Options

Except there might actually BE ammo for the 10/22 in the apocalypse because fuck me I haven't shot my real life .22 in forever. I haven't shopped in about a month but even then if you were trying to buy non-magnum it was still hard to find (in Ohio at least).

its getting better.... but still.
    still got about half a brick for my takedown 10/22.

• Options
    Sure would be nice to get an M4 or a mosin with all this ammo that spawned at the airfield

There was literally 300 rounds plus a half full ammo box in there, all of it useless

I did find a magnum speedloader for my revolver though, which was nice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice to get an M4 or a mosin with all this ammo that spawned at the airfield

There was literally 300 rounds plus a half full ammo box in there, all of it useless

My track record with DayZ combat is really bad, so collecting a bunch of ammo makes me think, "Hey, look at all these bullets I'll never use before I die!"

I've never finished a firefight feeling satisfied with the outcome. I land a good hit, but his buddy pops me. Bandit mowed down by my M4, and another set of bandits appear to mow me down. Sniped before I could even see the guy. Friendly fire right as the action starts (twice). Combat loggers.

I've fired maybe 30 rounds of M4 and 5-10 from a Mosin in combat, total. It might be fun to be a sociopath for a little while...

VT09mOz.png
  • Options

My track record with DayZ combat is really bad, so collecting a bunch of ammo makes me think, "Hey, look at all these bullets I'll never use before I die!"

I've never finished a firefight feeling satisfied with the outcome. I land a good hit, but his buddy pops me. Bandit mowed down by my M4, and another set of bandits appear to mow me down. Sniped before I could even see the guy. Friendly fire right as the action starts (twice). Combat loggers.

I've fired maybe 30 rounds of M4 and 5-10 from a Mosin in combat, total. It might be fun to be a sociopath for a little while...

So @bejournk suggested it and ill echo it. these guns... you need practice. take all that ammo to an empty server. Shoot up Electro. Kill all the zed. get the feel of it; the feel of what range you can hit at. Stamina m,atters in accuracy here.

Truely helps.

But yeah.... many times it is just bad. Who shoots first can win if careful.... and one on many generally goes bad unless you have surprise.

• Options
    so peas sized hail and the whole south shut down. Anyone else home all day?

Hit me up for dayz @xmojojoeox all dayeeeee

• Options

I have fired precisely one round in the standalone, and that was to kill a zombie

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The next patch is a freaking monster.

http://pastebin.com/XpEkSTXM

The highlights-

SKS and parts - IN!
    Machete - IN!
    the balota tents not spawning was a BUG.
    Spray paint your m4 and your motorbike helm.
    Pen and paper- WORK.
    Sawed off is now smaller in inv -(10 vs 8) and the spread is reduced. It may be a pistol replacement now.

So much goodness!

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    This soon after also.

BfPJ4MiCcAA25eO.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    We could totes be the constuction gang. Terrorizing the bandits of chernaus with our yellow hats.

also.... glitching the main weapon position reveals.... MELLEE animations are in.... bayonets soonish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHuT1dIOhMU&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So I've been playing on my lappy 386 in bed while my gaming pc is mid upgrade. Wife was onlooking, she likes to on look day z. She totally gets the tension of.... people in this game.

I'm in the new NE town seemingly alone. Check the train station... nothing... natch. Head south to the 4 warehouses... But im stopped just at the next intersection of road and rails-> A milspec green guy runs right up to me Mosin aimed at me... i already had my m4 out... Huge mistake as the mosin in close is a death trap and we were to damn close for that crap. I circle strafe and shout "friendly!; lower weapon; friendly friendly"... Nothing. He is trying to aim to keep up with my strafing. I say "fuck it then" into the mic. Mow him down. Double tap head. Instantly I hear multiple gun fire upon me. All miss. I shoulder the m4 to sprint back to the train station as i have no idea where they are. Crack another volly and I'M HIT- but i'm not dead or grayed out, just bleeding. I sprint back up the rails to the train station, bandage. The press vest works gents. Went from pristine to badly damaged- I lost no health. Damaged the gear, ruined my shirt and revolver- BUT I WAS FINE. So one cmag had 10 rounds/ one was full 60/60 no back up weapon..... Guy comes in... mowed him down. Reload to 60 fresh rounds Put back in corner of the door he came through. Double tap head... How ever many are left... they are now pissed to maximum level seeing that - but dumb. They are just lighting up the doorway (the one their bandit friends corpse lay in freshly in). Shooting stops so I make a pass strafing the door emptying 60 cmag in the doorway as i pass. I now hear moaning from out there. :):):) I have 250 rounds in a box but NONE in a cmag meaning im effectively empty. "I dont know how many of you are out there; but i know how many I'm willing to kill" And without any hesitation to hear a retort- I run out the opposite door, and straight down the rails to the west. I was free. Reloaded CMAGS, ate for a sec, drank and lay in an advantageous bush for a while. No more pursuit.... no more gun fire.....

2 confirmed kills/ at least 1 more wounded (or best KIA). I gave them every fucking opportunity. the power of the press vest - I am only alive due to it.

I am ever so attached to this guy now....

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Guys, did anyone check the pending patch notes?
    Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
    Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
    Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

No more battle logging or server hopping!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    f3rret wrote: »
    Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
    Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
    Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

2 problems.
    1) its pretty crappy to put in a 30 second hold timer when theres so may DC issues.
    2) 5 Mins are too along. you log in and 45 seconds later the server reboots. You dont get to play for 5 more mins. Log in - server boots in 10 mins. you wait another 5 mins. that exact scenario happend to a group of us one night. 5 mins is dumb and stops nothing. just means you server hop slower.

mojojoeo on
  • Options

2 problems.
    1) its pretty crappy to put in a 30 second hold timer when theres so may DC issues.
    2) 5 Mins are too along. you log in and 45 seconds later the server reboots. You dont get to play for 5 more mins. Log in - server boots in 10 mins. you wait another 5 mins. that exact scenario happend to a group of us one night. 5 mins is dumb and stops nothing. just means you server hop slower.

Maybe it'll also have the effect stopping servers rebooting every 45 minutes to try and flood the market with good gear.

• Options

2 problems.

Maybe it'll also have the effect stopping servers rebooting every 45 minutes to try and flood the market with good gear.

Specifically no. Those servers are supposed to get banned.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Maybe they need to add that if you log back in and your character is still sitting on the server (due to the logout timer), you just take control and don't receive a penalty. This way you wouldn't receive a penalty for re-logging quickly, and maybe even when the server crashes.

• Options
    new patch poatch just about to hit-

meaning..... you log into a stripped srever- grats you are stuck for 30 mins or incur a penalty.

Again... scaving is part of life.... but still you cannot survive a respawn on some of these servers. I know from dying of hunger.

• Options

About ten minutes later 2 geared knuckleheads enter below me.

"I just want to find and rape someone so hard"

"Yes me two"

I purged them from the earth and they never saw it coming.

Why would you say that crap in local voip?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Why would you say that shit at ALL?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Also @mojojoeo shoot me your steam name over a PM or something. Just bought DayZ.

• Options
    It's mojojoeo on steam. What's your steam name

• Options
    Lol. The mfing ship.

Lead a either though kill bandit. He gets fully geared. I die because I walked on steps. Just bleh dead.

Ah well. On to the next life. It's a girl life this time.

• Options
    RIP mojo.

• Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Why would you say that shit at ALL?
    Likely because they're teenagers and stupid/edgy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind the password for the Teamspeak, if people still use it. I've got the information still if it's the one in the OP but not the password.

I'm surprised that the OP has such out of date information, if what mojo said is right and we no longer have our own server(s)?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    http://beancoastapp.com/

Pretty cool-looking iOS app with a Chernarus map. Free!

• Options
    Im wondering if i were to buy a SA server would there be interest?

Our own lil place. No loot server BS, time of day of our chooseing. the ability to bounce idiots. I dunno.

Also... rocket made huge progress today... many zombies and re spawning zombies are inbound.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    http://beancoastapp.com/

Pretty cool-looking iOS app with a Chernarus map. Free!

HIlarious name for an app relating to DayZ.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I don't play much but I'd probably play more to have a server hosted/filled with PA bros.

• Options
    I don't play much but I'd probably play more to have a server hosted/filled with PA bros.

yeah but it'd also have the rabble../.. but its dayz so you need pubbies...