Options

[DayZ Standalone] Early Access now available on Steam

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Frankie's DayZ videos are some of the most entertaining and certainly the most well put together on Youtube. If anyone's interested in watching some quality stuff, he's just started his series anew with another character. He plays as a hero in the old-school style, so it's not just humping a hill with a TWS fiddycow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_luL8y3ew&feature=g-all-u

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ValaenaValaena Registered User regular
    Any way I could get an invite to this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh man, I am looking at the DayZ DB map for Fallujah. It actually looks like it might be fairly entertaining. There are barely any military spawns. Well, technically. The only place that really has them is the FOB to the south-east of the city. It has a ton of high value military spawns. Problem is, the FOB is in the middle of a flat desert. I'd be very hard to hit it up without getting spotted by anyone either in the FOB or on a roof on the edge of the city.

Civilian grade kits look like the order of the day.

The map isn't one large city (which is what I thought at first). There is a large desert that circles it from the SE to the NW. However the SW area is more of a green delta. However you'd be looking at crossing one of three rather long bridges to get to it and for zero loot it seems.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Finally found an L85 in Lingor to replace this piloshit AS50, gave Weasel my ACOG.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    XerephXereph Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I actually found an L85 today in Lingor as well. It was right after these two people offered to help me then shot me after giving me a ghillie suit. The same guys were luring people to the air strip at Eddie and sniping them when they checked the ATC Tower. Stalked the guy for a bit and followed him back to his camp of about 8 tents. Nothing really special in the camp though :(

Xereph on
    PSN - Xereph
  • Options
    And now I remember why I don't like the L85.

fffffff

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    I had a very good weekend. Found out that females can't wear the ghillie suit. Also found out that if you log out and log back in, you change sexes from female to male. :lol:

I found a AK-74 and 8 full clips. I made it from FOB Eddie to the research facility. Since no one seemed to be around, I thought it best that I should work on my sniping. I cleared the research facility of zombies with 40+ kills and 15+ headshots. Wandered over to Garlbosa and Aculto and rid them of any zombies. Went back to the research facility finished off the z's there, picked up a M4A1 with grenade launcher and 2 clips. Moved from the research facility to San Isabel and went into my first market. Eventually I made my way to the farm up by the prison. Got sniped from behind as I entered the trees, parallel to the road.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm sorry, but...

clipssssssssssssss
    1349615012230.jpg

On another note about the M4A1 Holo you found, it sucks that the EOTech's sight picture sucks so much cock on that thing. Every single other weapon in ARMA with an EOTech on it is really nice, but that one has the cloudiest, grainiest view in the world. Also the fact that there is no way to range the tube, since there's no leaf sight of any type that you can use on it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Ha. Sorry, wrong word. I really was liking the M4A1's sight. I was on the 3 story building on the hill overlooking Aculto and I was able to reasonably zoom on a zed's head, and most of the time, kill them (no always a headshot though). Maybe it is just that the rest of the weapons I have/had picked up suck compared to this one.

Still haven't found any sort of sniper rifle.

Steam Me
  • Options
    tehgilstehgils Is ruro/rurokenshin DetroitRegistered User regular
    Panthera Island is out on dayz commander now. I will be on at around 8 est to check it out.

FFXIV- Focke Wulf
  • Options
    I can't connect to any Panthera servers, and I really don't feel like troubleshooting it, but I made a pretty sick Armory-esque mission for the map itself.

You guys should come do that.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The irritating thing is that DZC is doing the vilayer versions of the maps (because they have the 'most servers'), and vilayer is pants at porting. Panthera had a good original distribution and the vilayer version messes it up.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    oh my goodness, private hive servers are the light

Increased vehicle spawns make this game so much more accessible. Got a crew of 8 people together and we had a ball.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here's a few pics of the DayZ standalone's interiors.

LINKYDINK
    The village I used to take the screenshot in now has all its buildings enterable, including the sheds. Most focus has so far been on the buildings that are situated outside of the center, but focus now is turning to doing interiors for the city buildings.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Those pictures look pretty nice. I wonder if the standalone will allow for entering buildings in the prone position.

This weekend the carebear server I was playing on switched from Lingor to Panthera so I had to find another server. I eventually stumbled on to Anzu's wargames Lingor server. Found a few people who had fixed up a helicopter who allowed me to join up with them, so I got to fly, which is super fun, even from the door gunner position. We took out a sniper that was on a building in Calamar. We got into a brief heli battle near the prison. The biggest problem is the lack of ingame voice chat. You have to use either your own vent/TS or you are stuck typing into side/vehicle chat. And direct communication chat/speak is completely disabled, which got me killed.

I also got to see our pilot land the heli, walk out and fire 3 shots from a m107 and kill a separate sniper from 900m.

Steam Me
  • Options
    Those pictures look pretty snazzy. Happy to see the people of Chernarus have discovered window glass. :P

• Options
    Don't know if this is happening for others, but it seems like the vilayer servers in the hive we play on are borked.

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    Vilayer definitely is responsible. Irritatingly (I mean, it's not _really_ irritating, because you can play on other servers) there are multiple Lingor hives hosted by vilayer so you never really know whether the one you want to connect to is okay or sticking.
    @Dakarz - Please be advised that there have been a flood of updates and subsequent fixes to those updates over the past few days. We are working to iron the bumps out but as fast as we get them smooth, the devs make changes again. Just keep trying as we are constantly trying to catch up tot he devs. Thank you!
    By hajimoto | Today 11:09 AM

There are lots of updates that need to be applied. System will be down while it is updated to v3.2. Thank you for your patience.

• Options
    Since the servers in the OP are now defunct, does anyone have a server they frequent? Since I still feel new I generally play on non-Veteran servers, usually day-only.

Steam Me
  • Options
    We currently mostly play Lingor (or Panthera) on the Vilayer private hive.

• Options
    Heh, that was disturbing. I'm currently mapping out tents and stuff on the Chernarus server I play on. I happened to find a nice tent with an AS/50, L85, so on. As I'm swapping out items, I turn around and see a rabbit behind me.

"Huh. Hello, little bunny."

I turn back around and see a crate and twenty ALICE packs on the ground.

"...uh-oh."

As I hit abort, I see a list of player kill messages. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun, Forrest, ruuuuun.

• Options
    I really need to start recording whenever we start getting shot at. The latest little skirmish was me, Karrde, and Ruro logging in up at Maruko. Karrde eats a shot through the window of the east barracks, right as me and Ruro log in. We can't identify the rifle that took him out due to our late entrance. However, we manage to narrow down where the shot could have come from to the International hotel in the center of town.

Our hunch turned out to be correct. A Ural soon drives through Maruko's western side, and AS50 shots thunder out, very close to me. The Ural goes up in flame, and the driver and passenger of the truck take a .50 each. Ruro is in a house to the east of the hotel, and I'm in a house 200m to the north. I can get eyes on the hotel's roof, but I have to expose myself to do it.

Luckily, Ruro gets eyes on the sniper and calls out that he's directly under the star on the hotel's sign. I lean over the edge of the building with my M16A4 ACOG and see his ghillied head peeking over the railing. One shot with the 16 is all it took - I watched the plume of blood come off his head, and half a second later he falls backwards and a kill message pops up.

We can't get up the hotel to loot him (it is accessible only by helicopter, evidently) so we break northwest to check the Ural and its two occupants. They're poorly geared, but we grab their magazines and swing by the nearby barracks, where we find a running white UAZ. We fill it with Karrde's gear and drive south through Corazon to pick him up. Came out net positive.

The TL;DR is that the ACOG 16 is absolutely bonkers in a midrange firefight where precision is key.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Meanwhile in Lingor, I fell through another building. Need to find morphine. We happened to fix up a tan UAZ last night, so that's in a 'safe' place.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You really can't go a kilometer on Panthera without running into a vehicle of some sort. Often with repair parts inside. Preparedness: It's not just for Boy Scouts any more!

Just in the course of two hours I found two buses*, two UAZs, two fishing boats, a motorcycle, and encountered a biplane.

* One of the buses had an M136 stashed inside it. How's that for prepared? Best you have exact change.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    I really, really like increased vehicle spawns. It just takes out a bit of the tedium of jogging everywhere and it gives a bit of purpose to the late game

I would be happy if it was more vehicles but limited fuell supplies or jerry cans

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    Been playing Panthera past couple nights. It's a good change of pace from Chernarus.

While most buildings are accessible, many of the houses only have one door, so getting your first weapon can be interesting. The zombie pathing is a little different too in some buildings leading to some unfortunate surprises.

It is a little buggy though, even by Dayz standards.

I wish I was better with the ACOG. I can do well with the Enfield/Winchester or an AK, but for some reason I always hurry shots with the M16s and end up spraying fire everywhere.

• Options
    Been playing Panthera past couple nights. ...

While most buildings are accessible, many of the houses only have one door, so getting your first weapon can be interesting. The zombie pathing is a little different too in some buildings leading to some unfortunate surprises.

It is a little buggy though, even by Dayz standards.
    I downloaded and played Panthera this weekend also. My first two starts were just north of the Smuggler's Den airport. There is a four cluster of small barracks at the southeastern end of the airfield and that is where I learned that if there are two doors on a building and you can easily run in one, the other one will hate you and not let you through. It usually seemed to be the door leading to the "office" of the barracks, rather than the door leading into the sleeping quarters.

My third attempt had me spawn in the mountains above Godz Mod. Acquired a Enfield and a gillie suit. I proceed east and found a couple of nice houses in Mojstrana that gave me a Makarov and 3 clips, a hunting knife, binoculars , some food and drink and a compass. Kept moving east and ended up near the hospital in Jesenice. I tried shooting out the ground floor windows with the Makarov but that didn't seem to work. There were too many z's around to try with the enfield. While scouting a nearby 4-5 story apt. complex (new backpack, food and soda get) I noticed the roof to the hospital had some supplies. Made my way back downstairs and climbed the hospital's back wall. Found 2 epi-pens and some tin cans. It was late so I made myself cozy on the topmost floor of the hospital. Thus far, I prefer Lingor, but Panthera seems to have more loot and vehicles so I could see it being a lot of fun.

Steam Me
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    1.7.3 is due for release and has a pretty neat changelog:
    Confirmed Changelog (WIP):

Clients

* [NEW] Tents can no longer be placed on concrete.
    * [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
    * [FIXED] Tents now are one click place.
    * [FIXED] Fixed function for checking if in buildings.
    * [UPDATED] Vehicle repair menus now all replaced.
    * [NEW] Vehicle menus now list all damaged parts no matter if you have the item or not.
    * [NEW] Vehicle repair menus will now let you know the exact item you need to repair on failed repair attempts.
    * [FIXED] Vehicle Damage is now fully working.
    * [FIXED] Vehicle Killed is now in effect fully destroyed vehicles will now set correct in db.
    * [FIXED] Tents Now add and remove from db.
    * [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
    * [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
    * [UPDATED] Updated UI control.
    * [NEW] Toolbox is now needed for all repairs.
    * [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.
    * [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.
    * [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
    * [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
    * [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
    * [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/backpacks/etc
    * [FIXED] Tents Now add and remove from db.
    * [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new spawn to spawn unconscious.
    * [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
    * [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
    * [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
    * [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
    * [NEW] combat 30 sec timer.
    * [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)

Servers

* [FIXED] Object Gear syncs happen based on radius not just on menu.
    * [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
    * [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly

• Options
    good news!

I really hope it marks the end of the alt+f4 jerks

I'm planning on having a big session of this on the weekend. Gonna get a posse together and play silly buggers :D

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Keep in mind that 1.7.3 is not out and they do not have a date for it. They've simply announced it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I realise that

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ope, 1.7.3 is out on DayZ Commander.

Patch notes. They've severely trimmed back the anti combat-logging thing. If you don't actually fire back, you're completely okay to try and quit, apparently. So there goes that.
    [NEW] Tents can no longer be placed on concrete.
    [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
    [FIXED] Tents now are one click place.
    [FIXED] Fixed function for checking if in buildings.
    [UPDATED] Vehicle repair menus now all replaced.
    [NEW] Vehicle menus now list all damaged parts no matter if you have the item or not.
    [NEW] Vehicle repair menus will now let you know the exact item you need to repair on failed repair attempts.
    [FIXED] Vehicle Damage is now fully working.
    [FIXED] Vehicle Killed is now in effect fully destroyed vehicles will now set correct in db.
    [FIXED] Tents Now add and remove from db.
    [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
    [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
    [UPDATED] Updated UI control bug.
    [NEW] Toolbox is now needed for all repairs.
    [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.
    [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
    [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
    [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
    [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/etc
    [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new players spawns to spawn unconscious.
    [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
    [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
    [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
    [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
    [UPDATED] ItemWire reduced from 0.06 to 0.01
    [UPDATED] PartEngine updated from 0.01 to 0.06
    [UPDATED] Version info is now displayed correct
    [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. (Need to look at the effects with high player counts)
    [NEW] Combat 30 sec timer on all combat actions.
    [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)
    Server:
    [NEW] HiveEXT.dll now replaced with our new version.
    [NEW] Official Hive login is now hard coded into the .dll
    [NEW] New Hive can now set ingame time to custom, local(local server time), static
    [FIXED] Object Gear syncs happen based on radius not just on menu.
    [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
    [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Okay that all looks good, except for this one

What the hell is up with that? I mean I guess I can sort of understand changing clothes, but eating and drinking too? I don't know about you guys, but I eat and drink in my truck every single day.

It seems like such a weird and completely unnecessary change.

The anti-combat logging seems fine. I suppose I am okay if the person being attacked can combat log as long as they haven't returned fire. Since in my experience lately the people who combat log are jackasses who try to get the jump on us and when they fail they quit like cowards.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Okay that all looks good, except for this one

What the hell is up with that? I mean I guess I can sort of understand changing clothes, but eating and drinking too? I don't know about you guys, but I eat and drink in my truck every single day.

It seems like such a weird and completely unnecessary change.

The anti-combat logging seems fine. I suppose I am okay if the person being attacked can combat log as long as they haven't returned fire. Since in my experience lately the people who combat log are jackasses who try to get the jump on us and when they fail they quit like cowards.

I believe the eat/drink while driving change was due to how buggy the system was while in a vehicle. Sometimes it reported the food as being eaten but didn't actually improve your hunger or blood, and sometimes it did the polar opposite. It's a bit of a nuance case, so they probably decided that until they can build it more specifically in the standalone, it's better to take it out to prevent frustration or exploits.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Don't forget that if you want to shoot out hospital windows, the leftmost one is the one that breaks with one shot.

• Options
    Alright, well, I'm getting on a non private hive Chernarus server for some 1.7.3 DayZ antics, I guess. If anyone wants to join, I'll be in the PA Guild Wars TS.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Don't forget that if you want to shoot out hospital windows, the leftmost one is the one that breaks with one shot.

I just throw a tin can through the window. It's much simpler that way

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Jester814Jester814 Registered User regular
    I haven't played in quite a while. In so long, in fact, that I forgot that in DayZ, I'm the bad guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwufukUl_E

• Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    So I tried WarZ and it's just not the same. What's the current state of play in DayZ? Still hackers all day every day? Do we have any people playing on a particular server? Are any of the new maps particularly good or bad? Did they ever actually fix models glitching out and filling the screen with nonsense?

• Options
    I'm not getting artifacting anymore but I can't speak for everybody else

I got transported by a hacker into a room in the Cherno church where I was unable to get out and some friends had to come and shoot me so I could respawn. I've had a few run ins with some other hackers but it's not as bad as it used to be

I tried Utes and Lingor and they weren't too bad, Lingor was probably better. I'm going to try Fallujah next weekend.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke