As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cheap/Free VPN Solutions

HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
For some context, I find myself at the American Univerisity in Dubai (in the UAE) for the fall semester. I didn't do enough research (ofc), though, and am realizing now just what a bitch Internet censorship can be. A fellow visiting student says he can access the Web just fine through his home university's VPN setup (my home university's VPN seems to be just for faculty and staff), so now I'm looking for VPN access. All of the major free ones seem to be blocked by the school's own filter; I don't know how smart the countrywide firewall is.

I'm willing to pay a modest amount, but I'd really prefer something cheap and reliable.

I've also considered putting down some money on a USB 4G LTE modem and a mobile broadband package, but that would be fairly pointless if I bypassed the university firewall only to be blocked by the national one.

Any ideas?

Hamurabi on

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    There are companies that bring that service for $10 ($12) a month, I wont link any of them because you are basically asking for advice on how to break the law. Something in the market of Secure Anonymous Internet Sercice Provider business is what you are probably looking for.... in google.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    You're trying to break the law in the United Arab Emirates? You're even stupider than I fucking thought.

This discussion has been closed.