Options

A Little Bit Over It

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    But Anjin Transformers is awesome

And you don't actually have to buy the toys to watch the show

Although fuck Michael Bay, for reals

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    The only reason I'm not more disgusted with the homestuck community is because the MLP community exists.

I'm over fandom unless it's my own, and even that would eventually murder me in some fashion

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I don't really have an issue with fandom.

I am a bit over the whole counter-culture raging against people who think something's good and enjoy it.

That's kind of silly to me.

I know I damn sure nerd out on shit all the time, and I don't really care what anybody else has to say about it, what I enjoy is what I enjoy, so I'm cool with other people enjoying whatever they want, too.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I'm over Winona Ryder not being in enough movies recently

like what is that even about

i think the last one i saw with her in it was Mr. Deeds

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I actually wrote some MLP fanfiction about a year ago. It inspired me to dive back into writing, pursue my dream of someday being a novelist.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    My thing with MLP is how crazy into it people are. Like I love Star Trek and regularly post in a star trek online community and most of those people are extremely well adjusted compared to a huge majority of the "brony" types who i've only come across in passing. For whatever reason it become a life-defining thing for MLP fans.

No one here has ever set off that warning in my head, but it seems way more common in that community than other fandoms.

Wait you've never heard of overly-dedicated star trek fans?

...seriously?

No? I didn't say this at all.

Your issue with MLP is how crazy into it people get. You then use Star Trek as a comparison, implying that Star Trek does not have as high a percentage of its fans who are as into it as MLP fans.

My point is that despite how stereotypically "way too into it" star trek fans are supposed to be, my own experience on the internet and in star trek communities has rendered WAY more examples of overly-obsessed pony fans than overly-obsessed star trek fans.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I can actually answer this question as I am in America.

America I am over your toilets.

They are terrible. The only redeeming feature is those two spots you can pee in that make everything swirl in a circle.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Harrier wrote: »
    I actually wrote some MLP fanfiction about a year ago. It inspired me to dive back into writing, pursue my dream of someday being a novelist.

lol

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    It's fucking hard to quit smoking and as far as I am aware, anjin is like me in that he is in a perpetual state of attempting to quit

Yes people have quit
    Yes it is stupid to smoke when you're broke
    But no need to get on a high horse when a dude is trying to make amends for his Own Reasons

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Jerk it to whatever show you want, I don't care. It's just a little creepy when the characters are preteen horses is all.

Maybe find some old white men in expensive cars to jerk it to like a normal person.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blake tell me about Australian toilets

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

They are terrible. The only redeeming feature is those two spots you can pee in that make everything swirl in a circle.

Blake you're peeing into a spirograph

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I'm over Winona Ryder not being in enough movies recently

like what is that even about

i think the last one i saw with her in it was Mr. Deeds

She's in Black Swan.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    They're better.

They aren't swirly for starters.

And those automatically flushing ones are horrible.

You also don't have the problem in Australia where you take an epic dump and your Wang ends up hitting the newly raised water line.

• Options
    My thing with MLP is how crazy into it people are. Like I love Star Trek and regularly post in a star trek online community and most of those people are extremely well adjusted compared to a huge majority of the "brony" types who i've only come across in passing. For whatever reason it become a life-defining thing for MLP fans.

No one here has ever set off that warning in my head, but it seems way more common in that community than other fandoms.

...seriously?

Your issue with MLP is how crazy into it people get. You then use Star Trek as a comparison, implying that Star Trek does not have as high a percentage of its fans who are as into it as MLP fans.

My point is that despite how stereotypically "way too into it" star trek fans are supposed to be, my own experience on the internet and in star trek communities has rendered WAY more examples of overly-obsessed pony fans than overly-obsessed star trek fans.

But that's a completely illogical conclusion to draw. First, it's anecdotal evidence (although, personally, I don't have a problem with using anecdotal evidence in cases like this to draw opinions). Further, you like star trek, so chances are any given person who's into star trek pings your nerd-o-meter at a slightly lover level than they would a non-fan.

Also, star trek craziness is actually documented. As in documentaries.

• Options
    I have to wonder how you are sitting on a toilet that your wang would get anywhere near the water line

are you not putting down the seat or something

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Swill wrote: »
    It's fucking hard to quit smoking and as far as I am aware, anjin is like me in that he is in a perpetual state of attempting to quit

Yes people have quit
    But no need to get on a high horse when a dude is trying to make amends for his Own Reasons

Trying to quit?
    Good on you
    Just don't bitch about being broke in the same sentence as talking about your expensive addiction

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options

Yes people have quit

I think it probably has something to do with personal bio-chemistry re: addiction, as well.

I don't consider myself addicted to smoking. When left to my own devices, I'll smoke maybe as much as a pack a day. When I don't have any, or I'm busy, or don't have any cash to buy more? I don't smoke.

Although honestly for me it has to do with how much time I spend sitting at the computer as that's where I smoke 99.9999% of the cigarettes I smoke anymore.

• Options
    I'm over lawyers

• Options
    I have to wonder how you are sitting on a toilet that your wang would get anywhere near the water line

Big ol Dick

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I'm over pizza.

Waffles are where it's at.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

...seriously?

Which Star Trek series was it that incited fan outrage by scaling back a character entirely comprised of disability stereotypes?

Voyager?

• Options

Blake has been pooping in our urinals.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    They're better.

They aren't swirly for starters.

And those automatically flushing ones are horrible.

You also don't have the problem in Australia where you take an epic dump and your Wang ends up hitting the newly raised water line.

I've never had that last thing happen.

Am I just not pooping enough, or is my dick too small? :?

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    When a fandom starts making masturbatory aids for their fucking television show love interests it's a problem

God I wish I could post some of the shit I've stumbled on to

pony fuckers. pony. fuckers. MLP's fandom is shit if you remove any sort of parent-child viewing. eat it, nerds

• Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXPyCY7jbs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    BusterK wrote: »

Yes people have quit

Trying to quit?
    Good on you
    Just don't bitch about being broke in the same sentence as talking about your expensive addiction

That Is how addiction works though.

• Options

...seriously?

Which Star Trek series was it that incited fan outrage by scaling back a character entirely comprised of disability stereotypes?

Voyager?

I don't even remember a disabled character in Voyager

I'm trying to remember disabled Trek characters, and the only one that really comes to mind is Geordi

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

Big ol Dick

youtube.com/watch?v=_9TNsQYA6dg&t=1m2s

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

Yes people have quit

Trying to quit?
    Good on you

That Is how addiction works though.

An addiction to bitching?

• Options

...seriously?

Voyager?

I'm trying to remember disabled Trek characters, and the only one that really comes to mind is Geordi

Uhh Janeway.

• Options
    I'm pretty over the Cult of Zizek

that guy sucks

• Options

...seriously?

Voyager?

If this is a serious question I have no idea because I never really followed any of the shows, and I never got involved in the fan communities.

If this is a sarcastic question pointing out that thing did happen with MLP, I haven't heard of it, as I'm also not a brony.

...so...idk?

• Options

Yes people have quit

Trying to quit?
    Good on you

I have done this and probably will in the future

The snapping fingers analogy is appropriate. Just because I'm broke don't make it easier to quit

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    When a fandom starts making masturbatory aids for their fucking television show love interests it's a problem

God I wish I could post some of the shit I've stumbled on to

pony fuckers. pony. fuckers. MLP's fandom is shit if you remove any sort of parent-child viewing. eat it, nerds

None of this has anything to do with the show though

this is the fucking internet

there isn't a single subject you can't find some group of people jerking off to in it

why do people give any extra shits about one of these fanbases over others

they're all functionally the same

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012

...seriously?

Voyager?

pike.jpg

Don't you

forget about me!

he seemed to say

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty over the Cult of Zizek

that guy sucks

Nah, he's a very good guy.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

...seriously?

Voyager?

Uhh Janeway.

what??

• Options

...seriously?

But that's a completely illogical conclusion to draw. First, it's anecdotal evidence (although, personally, I don't have a problem with using anecdotal evidence in cases like this to draw opinions). Further, you like star trek, so chances are any given person who's into star trek pings your nerd-o-meter at a slightly lover level than they would a non-fan.

Also, star trek craziness is actually documented. As in documentaries.

I think you are reading way, way, way too much into a post i made that explicitly acknowledged this was my own experience with people i had personally come across.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

...seriously?

Voyager?

Uhh Janeway.

what??

Psychotic behavior counts as a disability.