Options

A Little Bit Over It

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Watched the whole video. Basically a dude goes to PAX despite not really liking video games, wanders around the place for a day, discovers that he hates all the people there and there is nothing that he thinks is interesting at all. He asks his friends what they thought was fun and they say they like seeing the game previews, getting free stuff, and being around other people like them. He didn't like any of that stuff.

Well that save me 13 minutes. That seems like, well whatever. It's a useless video to me, but whatevs. Boats, floats, strokes, folks and all that.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    guys...

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i had fun at the convention vOv

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    That post works so well with your sig.

I've always loved that sig.

Dangit, how'd that crwth post get up there. I was talkin' about Futore's.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I think the moral about everything here is Maybe Don't Take Things To Far And Also Don't Be A Douchebag

there we go, thread over

everyone go home

But what if I don't want to go home? What if I want to go to Idaho or Montana instead?

1371699639-1.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Futore wrote: »
    guys...
    no, no, let them go on for a bit

• Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »
    I am watching the first season of The X-Files on netflix. Now I remember why I never watched The X-Files.

Oh shit, Seth Green as a "Grunge Teen."

Is that the one where he controls electricity and zaps cows with lightning instead of tipping them?

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Watched the whole video. Basically a dude goes to PAX despite not really liking video games, wanders around the place for a day, discovers that he hates all the people there and there is nothing that he thinks is interesting at all. He asks his friends what they thought was fun and they say they like seeing the game previews, getting free stuff, and being around other people like them. He didn't like any of that stuff.

Didn't watch any of the video, but I continually have a somewhat-similar worry every time I consider saving up for a PAX trip. Worry that I'd go to PAX simply to be able to say I went to PAX. Cancelled two trips in a row and then didn't even attempt the third.

• Options
    guys...

In all seriousness, though. What am I missing? I'd like to know. Life's about learning and whatnot.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Skylark wrote: »
    I am watching the first season of The X-Files on netflix. Now I remember why I never watched The X-Files.

Is that the one where he controls electricity and zaps cows with lightning instead of tipping them?
    Something about UFOs and they're on an airbase where people are disappearing, but now they're back...I don't know, I'm only half watching it because it's pretty terrible. I think it's s01e02.

• Options
    That post works so well with your sig.

I've always loved that sig.

Dangit, how'd that crwth post get up there. I was talkin' about Futore's.

:) Thanks! Her smoking is one of my favorite close up scenes ever.

Dang that movie is good. Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller are just such enjoyable movies. It's crazy

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    It's also crazy how many bad movies John Hughes wrote the screenplays for in his later years

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I could go for some PT&A right now.

• Options
    It's also crazy how many bad movies John Hughes wrote the screenplays for in his later years

Oof, yeah. I was looking at his IMDB page the other day. Yowza. Basically 1989 was his cliff. The rest was the dive.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I could go for some PT&A right now.

Like Punch Drunk Love or Magnolia?

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

Something about UFOs and they're on an airbase where people are disappearing, but now they're back...I don't know, I'm only half watching it because it's pretty terrible. I think it's s01e02.

I'm pretty sure Skylark is confusing Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi. That's not a first season episode, I'm pretty sure. Also, if you're watching it on Netflix and you make it to that episode, I'm pretty sure nobody ever secured the syndication rights for Filter's "Hey Man Nice Shot," so you won't have to hear that song every seven minutes in the episode.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    guys...

In all seriousness, though. What am I missing? I'd like to know. Life's about learning and whatnot.
    Now I don't know for sure or anything, but I'm guessing this is a little bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAQg-zWmsI

denihilist on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    annie sit down for a moment

did you cite these factoids with x-files on vhs

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options

I'm pretty sure Skylark is confusing Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi. That's not a first season episode, I'm pretty sure. Also, if you're watching it on Netflix and you make it to that episode, I'm pretty sure nobody ever secured the syndication rights for Filter's "Hey Man Nice Shot," so you won't have to hear that song every seven minutes in the episode.
    That is a blessing, thanks a lot Obama.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

Oof, yeah. I was looking at his IMDB page the other day. Yowza. Basically 1989 was his cliff. The rest was the dive.

But we did get one Plinkett review out of the dive.

• Options
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    annie sit down for a moment

did you cite these factoids with x-files on vhs

I don't remember whether the VHS version had Filter on it or not. I have not seen my tapes since I broke up with this one girl in, uh, 2004? Alcohol just makes me remember all these things from a long time ago.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »

Didn't watch any of the video, but I continually have a somewhat-similar worry every time I consider saving up for a PAX trip. Worry that I'd go to PAX simply to be able to say I went to PAX. Cancelled two trips in a row and then didn't even attempt the third.

well, the only way of knowing if you'll sincerely enjoy PAX is to go to PAX

some people like it for the games, a lot of others like it for the company and the people

you can't really know if that'll rub you the right way through a computer monitor

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

You are correct, Sir, the clarification is appreciated. Unfortunately, I haven't seen either of those X-Files episodes since they first aired, and I don't think I knew back then who Green or Ribisi were.

Skylark on
  • Options
    It's true, I've rubbed many a computer monitor and I

hmmm

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That lightning episode also had Jack Black, I think

• Options
    Now I have fucking Filter in my head...

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    man I tell you what I'm over

is having to listen to some butt-shit wrong theme song whenever I want to catch an episode of Dawson's Creek on the Netflix because some dummy didn't think it was important to get the rights to Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait", a thematically and objectively superior song

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Seth Green was totally in that episode of The X-Files

Edit: wait people weren't saying he wasn't, I'm dumb

Moriveth on
  • Options
    seeing Jack Black here and there in alllllllllllll the little tiny roles he's played in things throughout the 90s is always fun

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Now I have Filter and Paula Cole fighting it out in my head for terrible 90s song supremacy.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    when Top Gear airs on BBC America they replace all the tunes with generic background score and I hate it

That's what I'm over!

• Options
    Take it to the jock jams megathread.

• Options
    if going to PAX wasn't so damn expensve for me I'd probably go years ago

except I'm kind of scared meeting most of the SE PAX peeps

most of you are good dudes, but I've developed a nice rapport with ya over the internet that I'm not sure I can re-esteblish in person

and I don't want to be That Socially Awkward Dude

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    living in the midwest/midsouth sucks cause you are essentially equidistant from both PAXes

but i will be in boston after christmas \o/

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    if going to PAX wasn't so damn expensve for me I'd probably go years ago

except I'm kind of scared meeting most of the SE PAX peeps

most of you are good dudes, but I've developed a nice rapport with ya over the internet that I'm not sure I can re-esteblish in person

and I don't want to be That Socially Awkward Dude

I wouldn't worry about it.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    man I tell you what I'm over

is having to listen to some butt-shit wrong theme song whenever I want to catch an episode of Dawson's Creek on the Netflix because some dummy didn't think it was important to get the rights to Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait", a thematically and objectively superior song

seriously?

i've never seen the show, but isn't that damn song like the whole point of the show

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Not going out and being social makes you much more of a Socially Awkward dude though

So yeah, don't worry about it, and just go meet forum dudes

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    lets get this straight you dont want to be the socially awkward dude at pax

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    yeah forum people are alright and good to hang out with. you'll find that you definitely get along with certain ones better than others while in person. ain't no thing, just roll along and suave with some motherfuckers you know from the internet

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    No, don't go ever.

People are awful.

Don't ever meet people.

What are you even thinking?

C'mon.

I mean.

Really.