As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn] Next Beta This Wednesday July 10 (Lasts Five Days!)

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Pugilist is more dynamic than the other DPS classes, easily, even if it's not that complex. Good animations, too.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I actually really enjoy the Lancer, also the Archer, and I am looking forward to Arcanist and Musketeer

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Pugilist is more dynamic than the other DPS classes, easily, even if it's not that complex. Good animations, too.

Dunno I think it's on Par with Lancer honestly. Both of them want to use abilities in certain orders and have to shift position to maximize what they do. I felt THM and ARC were pretty stale (not necessarily in a bad way as they are still fun) but both LNC and PUG were very dynamic.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    SE++ said they would be willing to join us if we roll Gilgamesh instead of Sargatanas.

It's a legacy server either way, and....well come on, Gilgamesh is the cooler FF reference.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    SE++ said they would be willing to join us if we roll Gilgamesh instead of Sargatanas.

It's a legacy server either way, and....well come on, Gilgamesh is the cooler FF reference.

I put my transfer request in to sargatanas a month ago, but so long as I can redo it to transfer to Giglamesh instead I have no problem with that whatsoever.

That should be decided very quickly however as the server transfer requests end on the 15th I believe, and I would hate to see people stuck on sargatanas if everyone decides to switch to Gilgamesh because they were proactive and already did their transfer requests.

That would not be fair to them at all, especially since it's just the Name that is different.

I feel I really need to emphasize that this is all because of the Name, and no other reason. I don't know if we can even switch servers again once we do the transfer (which hasn't gone through yet by the way) or if it is realistic to expect that everyone who already switched to get the message in the next 3 days and properly switch over even if we CAN switch.

All because of the Name.

Again personally I don't have an issue (provided I am allowed to change my server transfer) because I follow this thread like crazy, but it would be incredibly fucked up if even one person is screwed over on their legacy character because people just don't like the server name.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Thats cool but i have like a pretty big group of people that don't read the forums here that are already locked in with server transfers. I don't want to be a dick but its kinda too late to switch now. The deadline for transfers is the 15th and some of them are out of town. I'll be advising the group i am bringing not to switch because there is too much room for error and confusion at this point dealing with as many people as I am.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Thats cool but i have like a pretty big group of people that don't read the forums here that are already locked in with server transfers. I don't want to be a dick but its kinda too late to switch now. The deadline for transfers is the 15th and some of them are out of town. I'll be advising the group i am bringing not to switch because there is too much room for error and confusion at this point dealing with as many people as I am.

This is exactly the sort of thing that worries me. :(

I have literally Zero attachment to the name Sargatanas but it was decided awhile back so people had ample time to put in their server transfers and such and to make sure everyone was going to be all set to go by the 15th.

If you would have suggested this a month ago or so I would have been right there with ya saying we should go for it as it's a good compromise, but I just don't think 3 days is enough time to make sure everyone can switch over (that's even if they CAN change the server once they submit the transfer request, i'm checking on that part now)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok this is a moot point it seems as I don't even see Gilgamesh as an option for transfers on the World transfer application page.

The servers you can switch to are Ridill, Masamune, Durandal, Aegis, Gungnir, Sargatanas, Balmung, Hyperion, Excalibur, and Ragnarok

Is Gilgamesh even a Legacy server?

Ok just checked the server status page, Gilgamesh is not even a Legacy server, it's a fresh server which brings us back to the same problem we had with Behemoth.

I think SE++ is messing with you @Professor Snugglesworth :(

I just confirmed myself in game that Gilgamesh is in fact not a Legacy server. (Just in case the server status screen had it wrong)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Nevermind then if there are already server requests going on.

• Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Their loss. I'm not going to try and change it over something as petty as the name.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Not like it matters anyway guys, in less than a year barely any PA people will be playing in one place. Join a community that actually sticks together/isn't going to do a bunch of petty in-fighting.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Their loss. I'm not going to try and change it over something as petty as the name.

I really don't think most of them actually care about the name, but this attitude towards them is not helpful for trying to bring the communities together, it just further drives a wedge between the two communities for no reason :(

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Not like it matters anyway guys, in less than a year barely any PA people will be playing in one place. Join a community that actually sticks together/isn't going to do a bunch of petty in-fighting.

Yeah, PA guilds have a habit of hanging around for a short period of time. The next game comes along and everyone jumps ship.

• Options
    Esh wrote: »

Yeah, PA guilds have a habit of hanging around for a short period of time. The next game comes along and everyone jumps ship.

This is true, which is why have a larger starting group of players means that even when/if people do jump ship the remaining people will be higher than two split communities.

Basically whether people do or do not jump ship, it's still better to all be in one place instead of split.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I know there's not much new info out there, but can we not have this discussion again, please?

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    I just played a marauder with a fresh toon, it's unbelievable how easy every quest was for me. I never ran into any trouble, even when I was under-leveled.

When I did the same quest on my CNJ, it was either A) Some mob targets you? You die. B) All NPC buddies are dead? You die. It was such a chore getting through quest on that damn class, now I understand why my queue times are so short. Hopefully Yoshi-P can fix this or make CNJ a little less terrible at soloing stuff.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    In an effort to derail the server discussion I will throw this out: I had a sharknado viewing party last night and pictures of my special sharknado cocktail's were posted on The Asylum's official Facebook page! SUCCESS!!!!!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    ok how bout Excalibur that's way sicker

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ok how bout Excalibur that's way sicker

Agreed, however reliably getting the people who have already put in the server transfer to Sargatanas to switch before the cutoff in 3 days is not feasible :(

Sargatanas is pretty much locked in at this point. It's really up to SE++ if they are willing to join us, as G&T no longer realistically has a choice in the matter.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's too late to try to change it. Most folks here have already applied to transfer; and if someone isn't reading the forums for even a few days (requests have to be in by the 15th) they're gonna get stuck on a server with no one else if we changed it. People have told other folks not even on these forums to go to Sargatanas.

It would be a really bad idea to change direction at this point.

We don't need to have a discussion about different subforums to point out that obvious problems with trying to choose a different server at this point.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Yeah, it's too late to try to change it. Most folks here have already applied to transfer; and if someone isn't reading the forums for even a few days (requests have to be in by the 15th) they're gonna get stuck on a server with no one else if we changed it. People have told other folks not even on these forums to go to Sargatanas.

It would be a really bad idea to change direction at this point.

We don't need to have a discussion about different subforums to point out that obvious problems with trying to choose a different server at this point.

Pretty much, the ball is in their court at this point, so if they want to join us that's awesome but we unfortunately no longer have the option to join them.

I'd like everyone to play together but if it doesn't happen that's unfortunate, but I can't really do anything about it :(

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I'm assuming most quests aren't in game now? All the non-story quests in Gridania seemed to disappear around level 17.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The story stops once you pick a grand company. Apparently there were class quests up to 30 in beta 2, but they took them out for some reason.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    The story stops once you pick a grand company. Apparently there were class quests up to 30 in beta 2, but they took them out for some reason.

Similar to FFXI and 1.0 they want to limit spoilers I would imagine.

*Alternate conspiracy theory* There is no other content ;)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

I mean, in the areas around Gridania there are lots of mobs, but no quests. Is that normal?

• Options

I mean, in the areas around Gridania there are lots of mobs, but no quests. Is that normal?

I don't think there are any areas over 20 with quests in them at this point. Hell, a lot of them don't even have npcs. There are FATEs active, but that;s about it. A few places have leves for 20-25, there should be one in Gridania, I think it was near thousand maw.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Similar to FFXI and 1.0 they want to limit spoilers I would imagine.

*Alternate conspiracy theory* There is no other content ;)

And you think they would have learned something about grinding based leveling ;)

(I agree with the first conspiracy theory)

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Okay. Okay. I got in the beta, made a character. Where do I go to get my magitech armor?

• Options
    Okay. Okay. I got in the beta, made a character. Where do I go to get my magitech armor?

Take out a Garlean soldier during his smoke break and commandeer his Magitek Armor.

• Options
    I hope we see the level of extra content that was put into FFXI (Holidays/expansions/events).

• Options
    So I joined a Grand Company, and would now like to work toward getting the necessary 10,000 currency to buy a Chocobo.

Are FATEs really the only way to earn currency? Because the ones I've been doing only drop about 100 each.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I hope we see the level of extra content that was put into FFXI (Holidays/expansions/events).

They were doing decent in 1.0. Was an interesting summer event involving giant bombs, the herding and protection thereof... and "fire-resistant armor" (To be fair, it DID have good fire resist... but that was a bonus).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So I joined a Grand Company, and would now like to work toward getting the necessary 10,000 currency to buy a Chocobo.

Are FATEs really the only way to earn currency? Because the ones I've been doing only drop about 100 each.

You need 1000, not 10,000

And there are Company Questleves you can do (give 100-200 per quest), FATEs, and the daily provision turn ins.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    You can earn the 1000 tokens in about a half hour of doing FATEs and/or Questleves. With the FATEs the higher your ranking the more tokens you get, and some areas have FATEs that seem to run every few minutes in the same place, so you can do one, finish it, ride or run to the next area, and the FATE will be up already or very soon.

I made a male Miqo'te tonight to see what their animations are like, and about two hours later at level 10 I've decided I like their overall look, stance, and animations, but is it just me or does a lot of ARC gear look like it was designed for female character models? He looked positively ridiculous in the Bard Artifact gear, and honestly most other chest armor too.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Cormac wrote: »
    You can earn the 1000 tokens in about a half hour of doing FATEs and/or Questleves. With the FATEs the higher your ranking the more tokens you get, and some areas have FATEs that seem to run every few minutes in the same place, so you can do one, finish it, ride or run to the next area, and the FATE will be up already or very soon.

I made a male Miqo'te tonight to see what their animations are like, and about two hours later at level 10 I've decided I like their overall look, stance, and animations, but is it just me or does a lot of ARC gear look like it was designed for female character models? He looked positively ridiculous in the Bard Artifact gear, and honestly most other chest armor too.

Depends, I got kind of the Suave/debonair vibe personally. But yeah the Bard gear definitely looks odd on males in general.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Has anyone found an npc who gives maelstrom questleves? I found ones for the other 2, but I couldn't find a maelstrom one anywhere.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone found an npc who gives maelstrom questleves? I found ones for the other 2, but I couldn't find a maelstrom one anywhere.

Something something Drydocks. It starts with an M but I don't remember the name off hand. I"m watching the tail end of a movie but I'll check in a few minutes for the full name.

*Edit* Lower La Noscea The "Moraby Drydocks"

Go south out of Lima Lominsa Upper Decks, through Oschon's Embrace and cut East after God's Grip.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Suave is a great way to describe Male Miqo'te. I'd definitely roll one, just not as an ARC.

I did give my Male Miqo'te an awesomely bad pun name in the spirit of the Beta (I've been using serious names). However, I'm keeping it to myself because I like it so much I'd actually considering using it on a launch character.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options

Something something Drydocks. It starts with an M but I don't remember the name off hand. I"m watching the tail end of a movie but I'll check in a few minutes for the full name.

Ah, Morbay. I figured it would've been in a higher level area. Thanks.

• Options
    This may be a stupid question, but where do I get more crystals for crafting? I know I get some from Leves and Quests...

This discussion has been closed.