Options

[Blood Brothers] F2P Android/iOS RPG. Be a Vampire! Enslave Familiars! Seek Revenge!

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Well, I blew through all of my horns (heh) to do it, but I managed to snag a ranking of 1250. Got garbage from the silver coins, though, which was irritating.

I got one Gillant (the event dragon) which is really good for a first-form rare, but not as good as my epics. I'm not sure if there will be any way in the future to get more Gillants, but if not he's kind of pointless.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I ended up with three of the four star dragon slayers and one three star. Only ranked 2500 or so though.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well today I saw someone with a four wide formation...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just picked this up. Seems pretty cool, still in the tutorial portion I guess, so I don't really know what's going on and the game seems to be playing itself.

I never knew in 27 years of life, that I greatly desired to play a game where my character is an anthropomorphic gorilla warrior vampire who's battle attire is just a lion's pelt, until today.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    It's good to learn new things about oneself, isn't it?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Nothing makes me curse out loud more than being on PvP fight 3 out of 3 and getting zero of my procs while my opponent procs insta-gib OP death procs four times in a row.

Now I have no morale and no silver coins or bugles to show for it.

GRrrrrrrr.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I keep selecting my 'newbie pve levelling brigade' to fight instead of my 'maxed out hardened pvp vet brigade' and get mercilessly murdered.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    BaelnorBaelnor Registered User regular
    This is the first one of these F2P games I have really genuinely enjoyed.

At the moment I am simply levelling up what I have. The Red Dragon (which every man and his dog uses), The Grey Mage and "Kojiro, Yojimbo*" which is a blue samurai chick. I cant remember where I got her, but I want another one.

The plan is to get the Red Dragon to 70 (he is 51/70 at the moment) and seed him into the Red Dragon you get for playing 5 days straight. Once I max the Yojimbo, if I cant find another one, I will park her and pick someone else. I like the "cover" ability that she has, though it would be better if I could do it from the back row.

When do you get more formations? I am still using 3-Skien

Any tips for some great familiars worth evolving up?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, the PVP in this game is maddening.

Between abilities not proccing and my guys refusing to team up on enemies (THEIR LEADER HAS LIKE NO HEALTH WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING THE GUYS WITH FULL HEALTH) it can be an intensely frustrating experience.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Wow, New event already! Lasts six days, features titles for PvP that last forever and raise points earned during events? Wow. I really need to finish the OP.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I tried this out a couple months ago, but I wasn't hugely impressed. It was mostly just, "click to proceed, watch guys kill everything, repeat ad nauseum." What's been improved?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I tried this out a couple months ago, but I wasn't hugely impressed. It was mostly just, "click to proceed, watch guys kill everything, repeat ad nauseum." What's been improved?

That's about it. You can evolve the familiars now, as well as enhance them with crystals. PvP is there.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So, the pvp points are interesting. I get offered tougher and tougher matches for higher points.

I have a guy with defence that I feel is not pulling his weight. It seems like you need a bunch of guys that have procs that hit for huge damage.

Btw, the bonus agility from the red dragon is hot.

• Options
    See, I just had a stretch where, for my 4th, 5th, and 6th victories in a row, I got matchups against sub-level-25 players. Considering I'm level 55 and using three Epics while they're still using Uncommons and Rares, it wasn't particularly difficult.

And I got MASSIVE points for it! I beat a level 19 guy who gave me almost 600 points! The points you earn must be given according to your opponent's rank rather than their level or strength of their brigade, but how does such a low-level guy get such a high ranking?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    Does this game have involuntary muggings like RoB? I quit playing that when I got to level 20 or so and started getting my money stolen 6k at a time by randoms.

• Options
  • Options
    I moved up the ranks so quickly that I am a level 60 dude with only 3 guys up against level 100+ guys with 5 dudes.

It's rough being ranked in the top 500. :C

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Huh, only ten hours left in this invite campaign. Quick, three more people sign up with my ID!

I'll work on the rest of the OP tonight, now that I have some experience with the PvP.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    It is intensely frustrating to finally save up enough silver coins to get a 10-pack, and then end up with 9 commons and 1 uncommon.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Where can I get more information on what the various formations do? They'll tell me names like wave and skein but I really have no idea what is goin gon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    With the formations there are three "positions", front, centre and rear.
    Front: deal more damage, take more damage
    Centre: no effect
    Rear: deal less damage, take less damag

The first formation you get is 3-skein. The character in the middle is front row, the other two to the sides are centre row.

You pick up more formations by doing the quest worlds. I think I got my first one in the monkey kingdom. This formation was a two-front row and one centre row. I also have another which is two back row, one front.

You will get more formations as you go.

For strategy, use your defensive or status effect guys in back row and use your huge damage dealers at the front that have procs of multiple attacks.

If anyone would like to add me, my code is F5mLB

I will help out with what ever knowledge I can!

• Options
    Jesus H Christ. If I waste an Event PVP three-set AND break my win streak by beginning combat with the wrong brigade a third time I will throw something heavy and valuable.

• Options
    You could be like me, Rius, and completely stomp dudes in the first few hours and no can no longer win any fights the game gives you at all.

At least you have a shot

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this game keeps paring me with lvl 50 plus in pvp. I am level 18 :/

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    something seems sketchy with the pairings. I'm level 50, and got smoked by a level 15. They one shotted my warlord, and my level 99 epic from the past event. I wonder if there's some "divine retribution" thing going on, or was the RNG really crappy.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    WHY YES, RANDOM BATTLE STRATEGY DECIDER, LETS SPREAD OUR ATTACKS OUT AMONG ALL FOUR OF OUR OPPONENTS SO THAT ALL FOUR STAY ALIVE LONG ENOUGH TO DO AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF TWO-HITTING THE WEAKER ONES AND WINNING.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    And people called me crazy when I said this was the exact reason I didn't care for the original Ogre Battle...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    You can't blaspheme ogre battle!

On a different note, the pvp battles are good for exp if you know you are going to lose!

• Options
    The blue dragon dudes from the last event are so worthless now that its over. I had five final form figures and I've already used three as minions.

My one final form red chick is badass, though. I can't decide if the Red Lancer warlord I picked is balls or amazing for PvP.

• Options
    The battles seem wierd. My minions get routinely stomped by the identical, but lower level minions.

On the other hand sometimes I'll roll some guy 20 levels higher than me like it's no big deal.

I guess there is a lot of randomness?

Agility determines who attacks first - so I gather even one point of agility is a huge huge deal?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How do you add allies using their id?

I type their ID into the search bar but nothing happens and there doesn't appear to be any kind of 'search' button.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Allies aren't that useful. You just call upon them more often in events maybe.

• Options
    Baelnor wrote: »
    With the formations there are three "positions", front, centre and rear.
    Front: deal more damage, take more damage
    Centre: no effect
    Rear: deal less damage, take less damag

The first formation you get is 3-skein. The character in the middle is front row, the other two to the sides are centre row.

You pick up more formations by doing the quest worlds. I think I got my first one in the monkey kingdom. This formation was a two-front row and one centre row. I also have another which is two back row, one front.

You will get more formations as you go.

For strategy, use your defensive or status effect guys in back row and use your huge damage dealers at the front that have procs of multiple attacks.

If anyone would like to add me, my code is F5mLB

I will help out with what ever knowledge I can!

Thanks that is very helpful. I tried using a formation with 2 in front and 1 in back, but my 2 front guys (my damage dealers) just kept getting chewed up and killed before they could swing. Since their skill proc basically lets them one shot anything, I moved them to the back row and put my warlord (a knight) in the front row.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just unlocked the first 4 wide formation and oh my word, you can just massacre those poor dudes with only 3 wide formations in PvP. It's not even funny.

Once I even fought a guy who only had 2 people in his 3 wide formation. No idea what was up there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    When did you get that, Vorpal? I'm in the first area in the Underworld or whatever and I could really use that extra familiar slot.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I...did not receive the radon familiar at the ~12,000 point or whatever that I was supposed to receive him at.

The next one isn't until 80,000 point so I am understandably a little pissed.

He didn't show up on the rewards after battle (all I've gotten has been the skill upgrade familiars, horns, and gil) and he didn't show up in my wagon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    If my memory serves me correctly, you get the first 4-man formation after you finish the first area of West Underworld, and the first 5-man formation after you finish the first area of the East Underworld.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Anyone with less than a full formation is probably trying to level up a familiar faster.

Are you supposed to get a familiar that early? I figured it was just the one at 100k.

• Options
    Well, I lucked out... Just got Sigfried, sigil knight after cashing in my coin at the start of the event (which I just competed my 2nd match for...)
    Dude attacks twice normally and has two skills.

And cashed in 5 silver and got Galahad, Drake Knight. Has the Red Drake skill (boost AGI) and a heavy AGI based attack skill.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Damn dude! That is some nice pulls. Are those both one star Epics?

Agi based attacks always seem so weak, even after getting an agi boost.

This discussion has been closed.