Options

[Blood Brothers] F2P Android/iOS RPG. Be a Vampire! Enslave Familiars! Seek Revenge!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yeah they are (2-star max), also Galahad also attacks twice per round. So I am tearing it up in pvp since I basically get 5 attacks per turn.

And Gal's secondary skill isn't a single heavy AGI attack... It's 3.

Right now I got Gal, Drake (free one) and Sig fighting to level them up. If both Drake and Gal's AGI boost fires off, the enemy's dead before they can even act.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That sounds nuts. Congrats man =) how does enhancing a familiar with two skills work?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Alright, I'm going to try to log back into my account and see what I have. Hopefully you guys can help me figure out what is crap and what isn't, because I was having trouble last time.

Edit: Hmm, despite having a good connection, the game keeps telling me the connection timed out and refusing to let me play.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ForegasmForegasm "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Lots of great tips on this forum, thanks! Loving BB!

Foregasm on
    zarakibanner.jpg
  • Options
    So, my main dude is the epic lizard guy, one star.

I also have a rare Greater Healing Sage, one star, a rare rear assault- three star, a rare core assault three star, a rare intense assault one star, a rare speed sap one star, and a rare salamandar cavalier II with breath of flame and frontal assault two star.

Are any of the commons or uncommons worth anything? Should I just sacrifice them all to feed my rares?

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    That sounds nuts. Congrats man =) how does enhancing a familiar with two skills work?

Equal xp to both skills.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I want to say the 4 man formation was first or second area in the first underworld region.

Those are some nice pulls nocren. Best thing I've gotten with probably 100+ silver coins has been that hill giant.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Fun fact: Those fire guys that are only good for enhancing? You know, the ones with 1 in each stat and therefore would never ever be used in battle by anybody? They have a skill! It does "massive damage", which I'm sure would be awesome when that 1 attack is multiplied by 3 or whatever.

Anyway, that skill can be enhanced, so if someone (say, me) were to accidentally unselect the familiar they were previously enhancing and then select a bunch of those fire guys, that person could end up wasting 8 fire guys on a skill for a dude that nobody would ever use in battle.

Incidentally, 8 fire guys is enough to fully max out one fire guy's skill. Naturally, that fire guy is then worth more when used to enhance another familiar; instead of 100 xp, it's worth 175 xp. WHAT A BARGAIN!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ForegasmForegasm "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Two familiars with great abilities:

Crystal Golem 2**** - Gem Barrage (the golem hits every enemy once simultaneously for tons of dmg)
    Medusa 2** - Rush (medusa strikes six random targets with a AGI-based attack. again, tons of dmg)

I'm also starting to level up my Heavy Samurai* His special is Killing Blow, which only starts off at 1% proc, but instantly kills one opponent familiar!

Foregasm on
    zarakibanner.jpg
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Foregasm wrote: »
    Two familiars with great abilities:

Crystal Golem 2**** - Gem Barrage (the golem hits every enemy once simultaneously for tons of dmg)
    Medusa 2** - Rush (medusa strikes six random targets with a AGI-based attack. again, tons of dmg)

I'm also starting to level up my Heavy Samurai* His special is Killing Blow, which only starts off at 1% proc, but instantly kills one opponent familiar!

Gem barrage also can stun the lead target (other targets that get hit are 'splash damage') for 1 turn.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    So far killing blow seems inferior to massive assaults.

Massive assaults also one shot kill people (at least, at my level) and are much more likely to go off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The are trying to match me up against 5 slot primo ordines now O.o

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

I got matched up against one of those so I did all-out assault which gives my guys an extra 1.5x stats. He had some event elite with max 4 stars. This elite proceeded to act before my entire team, breathe fire for 20000 damage on all 5 of my guys, obliterating them.

How is that balanced at all? A one shot kill entire enemy team skill that works even through all-out assault stat bonuses? Keep in mind I have all level 99 elites in my team.

• Options
    Sorry for a repeat question: Is there any reason at all not to feed all my uncommons to more rare pieces?

• Options

I got matched up against one of those so I did all-out assault which gives my guys an extra 1.5x stats. He had some event elite with max 4 stars. This elite proceeded to act before my entire team, breathe fire for 20000 damage on all 5 of my guys, obliterating them.

How is that balanced at all? A one shot kill entire enemy team skill that works even through all-out assault stat bonuses? Keep in mind I have all level 99 elites in my team.

I think I ran into the same type of familiar. I think it was the gillant familiar from the event we just did. He breathed fire and wiped out my guys.

I have no idea how my enemies familiars are stronger than my own identical max level familiars, unless they are finding LOTS of those crystals for empowering (where do you get those?)

I also ran into another guy with 5 slots but only 2 of them filled. I was like.. score! And attacked him. He had one guy who used a skill (berserk?) that proceeded to attack about 6 times and wipe out my entire max level team :p

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't see any reason not to darkewolfe. UC's generally seem to be weaker than rares with the same skills.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Sorry for a repeat question: Is there any reason at all not to feed all my uncommons to more rare pieces?

I'm new to the game, but I would say if they are 1/4star or 2/4star uncommons, they may turn into rares at 3/4.

zarakibanner.jpg
  • Options

I'm new to the game, but I would say if they are 1/4star or 2/4star uncommons, they may turn into rares at 3/4.

This is correct. When you're first starting out, look for either rare pieces or uncommons that are 1 or 2 stars out of 4. They will become rare at 3/4 stars and be useful.

• Options

This is correct. When you're first starting out, look for either rare pieces or uncommons that are 1 or 2 stars out of 4. They will become rare at 3/4 stars and be useful.

Well, I played a bunch back closer to release, so I have six rares and my epic. Do I need more than that?

• Options

Well, I played a bunch back closer to release, so I have six rares and my epic. Do I need more than that?

Commons/uncommons are pretty worthless unless they're uncommons that can become rares with good stats and special abilities.

• Options
    I think the max formation size is 10 against certain bosses.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    FFFFFFFFFFFF

I am started to get pretty frustrated with this game. Or at least the PVP side.

I'll be a lot happier when we can go back to a PVE event. I don't know how I managed to go from a 1250 ranking in the last event to being unable to break into the top 30,000 for this one, but I did it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I just avoid the people who can one shot my entire party/attack multiple times and use all out attacks on people higher level than me.

Granted I'm only up to 50,000 points. I'm nowhere near the top 30,000 ranking.

I feel it was pretty trivial to get high ranked in the last event, this one seems much tougher!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm kind of trying to save horns for the next event. I have about 60 or so horns right now, but I have to go all-out assault EVERY fight after I win about 9 in a row or so. Shit's ridic

• Options
    The level shown for your opponent in this PVP event is the level of their warlord. I just fought someone lvl 13, but their warlord wasn't even in the lineup. He had 3 maxed out rares that demolished me!

zarakibanner.jpg
  • Options
    I'm at 163868 points which gives me Rank 10766. I can't find any rhyme or reason that determines which opponents I'm queued up against; I've had 0 win streaks that put me up against murder formations and I had a 12 win streak earlier that I gained by fighting 90% pushovers.

There's no legitimate chance for me to break into a meaningful ranking so I might just stop using horns altogether. The more I think about it, the more compelling an idea it is. Though I do kind of want to crest 800k points if I can manage it because the title bonus is apparently permanent.

• Options
    Also, I have been lax in updating the OP; I might not find the spare time to do so until tomorrow night. I'll be going through the thread for useful info and crediting contributors at the bottom of the first post; thank you to everyone who's posted useful information so far.

• Options
    Woo, pulled an epic. It's three star of four, granted, but still. Woo.

• Options
    I think I'm trying for 800k points by the end of the event. At 250k now.

• Options
    Good lord. I thought I was doing good at 65k.

My deck isn't that great though: a level 50 white knight, level 70 1 star nunu, level 70 1 star red dragon, level 70 2 star xenobia.

I haven't pulled any epics and hardly any rares. I'm working on levelling up the little lion cubs you get form invites though. Think I got 4 invites which was only enough for 3 lions :p

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good lord. I thought I was doing good at 65k.

My deck isn't that great though: a level 50 white knight, level 70 1 star nunu, level 70 1 star red dragon, level 70 2 star xenobia.

I haven't pulled any epics and hardly any rares. I'm working on levelling up the little lion cubs you get form invites though. Think I got 4 invites which was only enough for 3 lions :p

I've been playing for a few weeks now. My main is already level 114 and I have a lot of epic guys. I'm able to take on most average people easily.

• Options
    Honestly, I'm not as frustrated about getting crushed by people. I know there are a ton of people out there who have better familiars than I do; sometimes you just run smack into one (or have no choice but to fight one of them if you want to get any points).

What's truly hair-rending is when I go up against a brigade I know I'm superior to and lose because they hit all their procs and my familiars spread their attacks out too much. Now that I have 4-familiar formations, with 2 max-level epics, a level 70-something epic, and my level 63 warlord, I should be demolishing anybody with only 3 familiars, particularly if two of them are only rares. But I'm losing often enough to Rare-Rare-Warlord formations that I want to snap my tablet in half.

Oh well, I just now replaced my fourth epic with a newer one that I got that has a better ability (attack boost for itself and adjacent familiars which basically triples their damage as far as I can tell), so maybe I'll start doing better.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Also.....Berserk is fucking overpowered bullshit. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    How do the starts work Is a 1/2 Epic better than 4/4 Epic? I got a 4/4 Epic in the $1 pack.

• Options
    I'm not sure how 2-star epics compare to 4-star epics (or 1-star epics, for that matter), as 4-stars start as Rares and become Epic when they hit the 3rd star.

I will tell you that I'd rather start with a fully evolved epic than a lesser-evolved epic. You get better stats if you level up familiar before evolving it, so the potential stats are better for a lower-evolved familiar since you can level it up along the way. But since there's no trading in this game, it's essentially a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll get another copy of that familiar, particularly Epic level familiars, so I think I'd rather have the guaranteed max evolution than the possibility of slightly better stats.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure how 2-star epics compare to 4-star epics (or 1-star epics, for that matter), as 4-stars start as Rares and become Epic when they hit the 3rd star.

I will tell you that I'd rather start with a fully evolved epic than a lesser-evolved epic. You get better stats if you level up familiar before evolving it, so the potential stats are better for a lower-evolved familiar since you can level it up along the way. But since there's no trading in this game, it's essentially a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll get another copy of that familiar, particularly Epic level familiars, so I think I'd rather have the guaranteed max evolution than the possibility of slightly better stats.

It look like the epic will cap around 7k attack and its special is pretty good. I'm more than happy with it. Think I got pretty lucky.

• Options
    My invite ID is 7x1XPo - is it only good to give to new players when they first download the game, or can someone who has been playing for a while enter it?

zarakibanner.jpg
  • Options
    So many Silver coins... I used another 10 and got Fafner, another 1-star Epic (Fire dragon with Flame Breath). Seems like if you spend 10 coins at a time you get something decent.

Or I am damn lucky.

I really can't wait to throw all these guys against the next PvE boss.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    So many Silver coins... I used another 10 and got Fafner, another 1-star Epic (Fire dragon with Flame Breath). Seems like if you spend 10 coins at a time you get something decent.

Or I am damn lucky.

I really can't wait to throw all these guys against the next PvE boss.

I don't think there is anything special about 10 vs 1, its just confirmation bias and small sample sizes.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    So, damn lucky it is. Man, I need to figure out a decent party with all these dudes.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.