As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Treasure Sweeper!

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited September 2012 in Indie Games

Play Treasure Sweeper!

yCpu3.jpg

Treasure Sweeper is the first game I finished, and did 100% of the code on. It hasn't gotten a lot of plays, but most of the people who played it and left a comment enjoyed it so I hope you will give it a chance!

What is it?

It's our take on the classic minesweeper formula, but with pirates, treasures, powerups and more.

Who made it?

I programmed it, my wife did the art, and a friend did the audio. You can check out our other projects on our blog. It took us about 2 months from start to finish, plus a long time to find a sponsor to publish it.

Where can I play it?

You can play on Kongregate, NewGrounds, ZayPlay, and lots of other flash portals.

Tube on

• Options
    wg/funstormwg/funstorm London, UKRegistered User new member
    I'm the developer and this space is reserved for my updates!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I will give this game a shot when I get up in the morning. It looks fun!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I played through this on Kongregate, and it's cute. I like the art, and the different elevations are a neat concept. The entire time, though, I was wishing that it controlled more like traditional minesweeper. Either let me left+right click on a number I that I know is already touching 1, 2, 3, however many treasures to expose everything around it, or do that automatically. It's maddening to run out of time and feel like better controls might have changed the outcome.

Maybe this is a limitation of flash though. If so, not much you could do about it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    wg/funstormwg/funstorm London, UKRegistered User new member
    Thanks for playing! Yea, you're right about right-click being restricted in flash. We wanted the game to feel like you're in control of a character exploring an island, but the controls suffered as a result. There's probably something more we could have done to maintain the feeling while making the controls less frustrating even without right click support. Hmm.... something I will think about!