As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Six Mouths Present: WAR-Paint, the Contest

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    I'm doing some conversion just for fun. :P And hopefully, some extra awesomeness.

Haven't decided if the boss will be on a boar or slogging it, so I'm keeping my options open.

...I also had some crazy thoughts about multiple pins in the torso so I can swap it between the mounted and unmounted lower body.

Echo on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    zenpotato wrote: »

How scoring will work: I'll pick my favorite finished model. Do you need to convert anything? Not at all. Conversion, in my experience, tend to add a bit of awesome to a lot of models. There are also some models out there that are awesome all on their own.

It's the final product that counts. The model, basing, and paint job all factor in. This isn't a conversion contest, just an awesome model contest.

Alright, good to know.

So..uh..
    Who's your favorite race? :P

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    doin' 'dis

Knob on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How's everyone's projects coming along? I've failed to even buy anything, due to my local GW not wanting to stock things I'll exchange my money for.

Bastards.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am thinking about getting into it but it seems I am working on my black templar army at the momment
    So when I dig out the chaos box I get to working on it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Morskittar wrote: »
    How's everyone's projects coming along?

I'm working very hard on the "thinking about it" part of the project.

edit: well, I did some chopping on my warboss model, but I'm not sure I'll use that idea.

Echo on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fuck greenstuff.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Callius wrote: »
    Fuck greenstuff.

The secret ingredients are love and attention.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mmm. I'm thinking about making a Warrior Priestess, out of the Sisters of Battle Canoness body and Luthor Hess' hammer. Does anyone have the body already and can tell me how easy it is to get all the fleur-de-lis off it?

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd really love to do a Magus of tzeench on a disk.

The tzeench lord would be a good base, but the helmet and glaive are no good.

I could steal a good staff of the tzeench champion, but the bird head doesn't seem like it would come off well.

Which leaves me with two options:

1. Use a possessed head from the chaos warriors sprue or chaos mutation sprue, which is ok but doesn't seem tzeench enough.

2. Use a kroot carnivore head (looks birdlike) and attempt to convert it up a bit to fit with the rest of the model, perhaps through attempting to greenstuff a hood or some flowing hair to replace the head spikes.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ahriman's head is good.

I like the idea of the kroot head, though. That'd be something quite different.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://preview.wradford.photosite.com/~photos/tn/9527826_1024.ts1175226303995.jpg

I need to get my photographer friend to help me take pictures...

Anyway, I had a bunch of spare parts lying around from a warboss sprue, an orc command sprue, and a goblin sprue, this might be too absurd/whimsical for an actual entry but I'd like to paint it up anyway just for the heck of it.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's awesome. Very old-school classic GW.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had a question about this rule

2) All entries consist of at least 4 photographs
    -1 of the model unpainted with a sign of some sort to indicate the date and the Six Mouths name.
    -1 of the model finished with a sign of the date and the Six Mouths name.
    -2 other shots of the finished model.

With the Grainy crappy pictures I tend to take would these be acceptable for the unpainted and finished with sign/date
    and I take real pictures with a REAL camera for the other two?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Absolutely. The only reason those photos are needed is to make sure that this model was made for this contest and not just something you already did. Awesome-ness judging takes place after the model has been completed.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Anyone have any progress updates they want to make? Early in progress pictures?

Maybe you just need a reminder to actually go pick up your model. Updates all around people.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I should be ordering my model and some bits sometime in the next couple of days. Next week is finals week, so probably no real work will get done then. Hopefully I should have an unpainted model converted and ready to prime in a couple weeks.

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I do have a limited edition sorcerer sitting around, maybe I'll paint him up like Tzeench or something....

-edit-

This guy,
    sorcerer592db83gz0.jpg

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Got some minotaur heads and orc arms in the mail today. I'll fiddle around with the stuff tomorrow.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I finally got my foundation paints, but I still haven't cracked them open. I still don't know what I want to paint for this, either.

Some more time would be nice too. Not as in, the competition, but as in 36 hour days. I still wouldn't have enough.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I know I'm coming to this late, but I may do something for this. I need some painting practice anyway, and it would be cool to do a fantasy model instead of my usual 40K.

japan on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Double post whoooo.

I picked up a model today, then realised I hadn't actually checked if it was an announced race/class. As it turns out, I got an Empire Warrior Priest, so I would seem to be in the clear.

Going to take a couple of days just looking at it and trying to think of something interesting to do.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The end draws nigh!

There is about a month left in this contest. That's plenty of time to pick up a model and get started. The game may have been pushed back to 2008, but this contest still ends August 1st. I know you want a shiny new screenshot of your pre-order of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. All you need to do is paint up a fun mini.

(Bonus cool points for a paragraph of two about your miniature's awesome battle prowess.)

Get paintin', and get postin' people!

zenpotato on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmmm, I think I'll think about thinking up an entry... If I stop being lazy. I would've tried to recreate the Giant described in one of the production podcasts (with the massive squig explosive) but I don't think I'll be near a GW any time soon.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    so what ever happened with this?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Everyone lazy'd out?

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    I was all prepared to send in an entry, but I had a couple questions, and nobody even bothered to reply to my inquiry from a week ago so I assumed it was all null now.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Basically, nobody posted anything. Like at all.

I still think this is a pretty cool idea, and maybe now that the game is actually much closer to being shipped there will be more interest if the deadline was extended. Are there people who actually want to do this and have some fun with it? The whole point, from my perspective at least, was to have a good time watching people post plans and updates on how they were doing their models.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    yeah, I'm still interested in it for sure. Give it until the end of August, maybe, to give people a bit more time, but I've got a model that would be perfect for it.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    sooooooooo survey says?

serious, what's the deal here? This shit still on or not?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm interested, but I've come to realize that I should never get this game ever because I would lose myself to it.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    alright. I'm in this, for sure. Took some pictures of the model(s) I'm entering - not sure which, yet. But if this is still on, I'm in for sure.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It is indeed on!

The Deadline Which Is Really Final This Time will be September 3rd, which gives everyone lots of weekend time for a mad dash to the finish line.

The prize remains a pre-ordered copy of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning sent to your house. Get with the making awesome people!

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ok, I promise I will enter something now.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Awesome. I am all over this.

Is there any reason why we couldn't enter more than one model?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    No rules against entering more than one piece.

I've also taken out the rule that the model needs to be a WAR playable race. It certainly earns it cool points and makes it more likely to win, but you can enter whatever you want. Anything Wrhammer Fantasy is sufficiently awesome.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm am now promising to enter at least 2 entries.

Yes, a Ogre Slug Plaugerider is going to be entered.

Yes a Chaos Sorcerer is going to be entered.

Maybe a Dwarf Lord will be entered.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I may or may not actually finish in time, but at least this contest got me started on an orc warboss. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm working on a Skaven Plague Lord for my Mordheim band right now. If it turns out any good I'll enter it,

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dammit! I dont have time!

Girlfriend is moving in, what a hassle this is.

Sharp101 on