Options

[EAST] Cookie Brigade - $17,650+ for Child's Play - You rock East!

• Options
    chlsebrzchlsebrz Registered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    Krissta wrote: »
    Wonder if bacon cookies will be as in demand this coming year. I'd also entertain the idea of doing straight-up chocolate-covered candied bacon. NOM.

I had people straight up throwing money at me at East for the chocolate covered bacon.

So yes, I was actually going to try and make some myself.

I am sure chocolate covered bacon would be a raging success! I don't know how bacon cookies would work, but lots of people will try anything once.

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    chlsebrz wrote: »
    chlsebrz wrote: »
    Krissta wrote: »
    Wonder if bacon cookies will be as in demand this coming year. I'd also entertain the idea of doing straight-up chocolate-covered candied bacon. NOM.

I had people straight up throwing money at me at East for the chocolate covered bacon.

So yes, I was actually going to try and make some myself.

I am sure chocolate covered bacon would be a raging success! I don't know how bacon cookies would work, but lots of people will try anything once.
    I made candied bacon chocolate chip cookies last year, and that was the general reaction: not-sure-if-want-ehh-why-not? They usually followed up with, "can I have another cookie just in case?" ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Hi all. Just giving a little update.
    The CB admins were all super busy over the holidays so apps got put on hold. I'be been making some headway in that department over the last couple days though. So if you applied and are still waiting for a response, that's probably why. Also, there is a lot of spam in there so you got deny and feel it was in error, please pm me as there's a chance I checked an incorrect box.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    saturnaliasaturnalia Registered User regular
    Patiently awaiting a response! Last year's PAX East was my first, and I loooved donating for delicious cookies, so I'm eager to be a part of it this year! Yays :)

• Options
    mmpiemmpie Registered User regular
    New poster here, this PAX will be my first ever. I've never heard of this but it sounds fantastic! I'm thinking since this will be my first one, I should just donate and perhaps participate next year? Looking forward to it!

PAX East 2014. Let's go.

I mostly tweet about food
  • Options
    RavuusRavuus Registered User new member
    I'm not much of a forum poster, but I like making cookies! Signed up on the Brigade site and would love to bring cookies to PAX for people to enjoy.

• Options
    ViolentMustardViolentMustard Registered User regular
    Mega lurker on the forums, but I totally want to help out with the Brigade this year! Signing up now :)

• Options
    xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    These cookies were my saving grace last year sitting in a line for some event i think it was the saturday concert. Oh the cookies i got for a $10 donation were so plentiful and delicious! Love this crew for what they do!

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • Options
    lcburkelcburke Registered User new member
    Hey everyone, I'm new to posting on the forums. I'm totally interested in helping out with the Cookie Brigade. :)

• Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    Hey guys, we're going to be checking registrations on the site so please make sure you keep an eye on your PMs here.

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Just checking in! Bad news :( Zelkova and I didn't get seats in BYOC. But that's ok :) we will still get to see everyone, and give out some cookies

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Just reminding everyone that HH loves the cookie brigaders! We pimp you as much as possible and love your sweet confection drive-by's :)

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I can confirm the above. Oh my god, can I ever confirm the above. Seriously.......... Like whoah.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    That's good because we <3 HH.

Though you guys definitely get stiff competition from TT for teh loves.

I've begun making candy! Supplies have been acquired, and confectionery goodness abounds.

Space Invaders Hard Candy
    4940094965_5f7c27a94b_n.jpg

Flavors this year:
    Strawberry
    Creamsicle
    Blue Raspberry
    Root beer Float
    Mystery Flavor (bum bum bum)

I will also be doing some Space Invaders chocolates in limited numbers. As of this moment I'm going to be doing chocolate with almonds and chocolate with bacon.

Other items:
    Chocolate covered bacon
    Robziel's Cookie Bars of awesome

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Ransim - They're bum flavored? What is this, Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Candy? Yuk.

Just out of curiosity... whose bum?

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    @Ransim - They're bum flavored? What is this, Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Candy? Yuk.

@LexiconGrrl - See Panel 2 - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/01/04

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    My shit is tantalized.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Registered on the site- would love to help distribute!

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    @Ransim wins for best comback.

• Options
    and... laughing so hard I almost wet myself.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm here all week folks...

ransim on
  • Options
    *snaps on a glove, goes l4tex free, ribbed for his pleasure*

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options

@LexiconGrrl - See Panel 2 - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/01/04

O.o

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I wanted to leave a teaser picture since I did a test batch.
    XFEH1qN.jpg

Yes, they are not frosted in the picture. Yes, they will be coated with tons of colored frosting goodness come the con. Yes, there will be red, green and blue koopa shells. These are just my new cookies cutters. There will be more Mario goodness (and Sonic and Link).

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    XFEH1qN.jpg

Those are awesome! O.O

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    XFEH1qN.jpg

Yes, they are not frosted in the picture. Yes, they will be coated with tons of colored frosting goodness come the con. Yes, there will be red, green and blue koopa shells. These are just my new cookies cutters. There will be more Mario goodness (and Sonic and Link).

Oh my goodness! SO cute!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    XFEH1qN.jpg

Yes! I can't wait to see how they look frosted!

• Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    I think you need someone to taste test. *raises hand* =D

• Options
    Hey guys! PAX East 2013 is now just right around the corner. Like last year we are going to collect information from bakers and distributors who plan to help out ahead of time so we can communicate information with you in a timely manner.

If you will be involved with the brigade at PAX East 2013, please fill out this survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFh4di16VzR5bUtjVloyV1ZOS2JuZGc6MA#gid=0

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP and join our PAX East 2013 group.

• Options
    freekamafreekama Registered User regular
    I just got in as an enforcer....can I pass out cookies while enforcing? As long as I'm placed in the proper areas to do so?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    freekama wrote: »
    I just got in as an enforcer....can I pass out cookies while enforcing? As long as I'm placed in the proper areas to do so?

You'd also need to reverse this question in the other direction as it is the sort of thing that will be determined by those In Charge of Enforcing, though I think the answer may be no. I cannot 100% confirm this, I just am almost sure it is. Basically, you're going to be very busy with [E] things and will likely not have time for CB things at the same time. Also, if you're CBing while wearing an [E] shirt then CB becomes a Penny Arcade 100% authorized and supported and related institution instead of just a tertiarily accepted and semi-encouraged, "thanks for all your awesome work, guys, you're awesome" sort of thing. We're not affiliated with PA. CBing while wearing an [E] shirt may produce the image that CB IS associated with PA. You can check if you like, but I'm semi-certain this will be the line of thinking that Enforcing has.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    I shall be baking Rice Krispie Treats of Infinite Improbability again, topped with all manner of obscenity. Photos will be posted closer to PAX.

I've been super busy this year and am waaaaay out of the loop. Any suggestions for game-themed cookies? The Combustible Lemons are kinda played out, so suggestions for a new cookie are welcome!

• Options
    freekamafreekama Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    freekama wrote: »

You'd also need to reverse this question in the other direction as it is the sort of thing that will be determined by those In Charge of Enforcing, though I think the answer may be no. I cannot 100% confirm this, I just am almost sure it is. Basically, you're going to be very busy with [E] things and will likely not have time for CB things at the same time. Also, if you're CBing while wearing an [E] shirt then CB becomes a Penny Arcade 100% authorized and supported and related institution instead of just a tertiarily accepted and semi-encouraged, "thanks for all your awesome work, guys, you're awesome" sort of thing. We're not affiliated with PA. CBing while wearing an [E] shirt may produce the image that CB IS associated with PA. You can check if you like, but I'm semi-certain this will be the line of thinking that Enforcing has.

Thanks for the advice!! I was leaning towards that type of answer. I just want to help as much as possible!! You bet that I'll be at least bringing cookies, and if I have time after my E duties I'll try handing out some! There is so much to do and so little time!

• Options
    What's this? ThinkGeek and the Cookie Brigade together?
    Yes! ThinkGeek has been kind enough to partner with the Cookie Brigade so we can bring you guys more goodies. Brigadiers, go check the announcements section of our forums for more info. Non-brigadiers, sit back and wait for me to leak tidbits of awesome :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    like the update :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    I want to chip in but I can no send money :( any other way to send in some money since the site event is over?

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
  • Options
    geek_swagggeek_swagg Registered User new member
    just heard of this today but signed up immediately--can't wait to fill the vegan cookie needs this year :)

• Options
    I want to chip in but I can no send money :( any other way to send in some money since the site event is over?

We don't need any funds for pax east, but we are in the process of setting up a fundraiser for pax Aus. That should be posted soon.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hey punzie i registered and my wife wants to make some cookies let us know if we can help

TechGamingNews on
    DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
  • Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    Very excited, I've wanted to participate ever since I started going to PAX and this is the first year I'll have the time and resources to bake :)

This discussion has been closed.