Options

[EAST] Cookie Brigade - $17,650+ for Child's Play - You rock East!

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Ana Ng wrote: »
    Very excited, I've wanted to participate ever since I started going to PAX and this is the first year I'll have the time and resources to bake :)

You should do some big cookies. They Might be Giants.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular

You should do some big cookies. They Might be Giants.

That's an amazing idea. Giiiiant chocolate chip cookies.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    These would be an interesting follow-up to the Oreo Centre Cookies that have been at PAX the last three events.
    1361823433300.png

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    These would be an interesting follow-up to the Oreo Centre Cookies that have been at PAX the last three events.
    1361823433300.png

That's a thing I've already been playing around with :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    I'm driving up for my first PAX and I do make a pretty tasty peanut butter Snickers cookie. Hrm.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    I'm bringing cookies! loads of them! possibly other lovelies! can't wait!

• Options
    sparklejsparklej Registered User regular
    Looking forward to it! I've never participated in the CB before, and am excited to contribute!

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    I will be participating this year!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Gotta say I'm excited to see what y'all come up with this year.

Last year around Saturday every Cookie Brigadeer I ran into was running low on supplies.
    >.<'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    What's this? ThinkGeek and the Cookie Brigade together?
    Yes! ThinkGeek has been kind enough to partner with the Cookie Brigade so we can bring you guys more goodies. Brigadiers, go check the announcements section of our forums for more info. Non-brigadiers, sit back and wait for me to leak tidbits of awesome :)

Hope this is still going forward. Looking forward to hearing what is happening with them to help with the awesomeness! (Not to mention I need to remember to get some extra cash ready to pick up cookies!)

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    klz wrote: »
    Yes! ThinkGeek has been kind enough to partner with the Cookie Brigade so we can bring you guys more goodies. Brigadiers, go check the announcements section of our forums for more info. Non-brigadiers, sit back and wait for me to leak tidbits of awesome :)

Hope this is still going forward. Looking forward to hearing what is happening with them to help with the awesomeness! (Not to mention I need to remember to get some extra cash ready to pick up cookies!)

It is, the goodies have arrive and I'm sure Punzie will have more info later. She's just back from ECCC I think.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    After 3 years, this will be the first time I finally get a vegan cookie!

craigums on
  • Options
    huggyd1huggyd1 Registered User regular
    n00b here. (although not new to PAX, nor child's play) i'll be baking some vegan cookies (since i was never able to partake as a mere attendee, so i'm sure there are plenty of other attendees who would require vegan cookies) yay!
    I'm very excited there will be vegan cookies there! I really hope I catch you guys and get to try some!

• Options
    aerynkelly wrote: »

It is, the goodies have arrive and I'm sure Punzie will have more info later. She's just back from ECCC I think.

Sounds good! Looking forward to coming by Thurs night and grabbing some cookies early and throughout the weekend! Must fill donation jar!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @craigums and @huggyd1 we do always try to have vegan cookies (and gluten-free, sugar-free, etc). The problem is that not all distributors take them. And the ones who do may distribute all day and only have 1 person ask for one. It's an issue we're trying to find solutions for.

Expect more news about our ThinkGeek deal very soon. I did receive some boxes of goodies the other day and posted a picture from the cookie brigade twitter (which you should be following for all your cookie-related updates: @cookie_brigade) yesterday. That's the only sneak peak so far ;)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    @craigums A good time to seek those cookies would be on Thursday at the Westin boardgame night, we'll be collecting cookies from bakers and its one of the rare times we'll have a very large supply available.

I am running like a crazy person thanks to work and some real life insanity, so keep an eye out for information very soon. For people who filled out the distributor/baker survey there will be an email coming to your inbox within the next few days chock-full of useful tidbits.

We are also experimenting with some group organizing through things like Google+ for communications during PAX, so if you are on the forums and interested in helping test I'd recommend checking it out.

• Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    If I post my schedule of events and panels I plan on going to here can you just follow me around with gluten-free cookies?

Kidding. Kinda of.......

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    ravnos13 wrote: »
    If I post my schedule of events and panels I plan on going to here can you just follow me around with gluten-free cookies?

Kidding. Kinda of.......

I usually try to keep gluten free cookies on me, and I check/post on Twitter when I can, so you can sort of follow the gluten free cookie trail that way ;)

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    ChuChuBucketChuChuBucket Registered User new member
    I've signed up! It's my first time at Pax East and I'll be making the Banana Brownies from Personal Trainer: Cooking (NDS). I have made these before and they are awesome. I will also probably bring along a batch of break-and-bakes (probably the ones from Immaculate Baking).

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    ac842c2d60fa0bf2286d8b77cbe1ae6b.jpg

Going to try making mini versions of these!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

*Sniffle,* its just so beautiful! Those make me want to be so generous with my donations... so generous....

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    Hey there Forum!

As part of the sponsorship from the folks at ThinkGeek, I received a bunch of molds and cookie cutters to make some awesome treats and redistribute them to other Brigadiers. Here's a link to an album of my Chocolate Lab! Uhh...the laboratory kind...not the dog kind.

Chocolate Lab Album

Flavors include:
    1) Peanut Butter filled
    2) Nutella filled (the mixture is similar in texture to the peanut butter in peanut butter cups, but it's Nutella!)
    3) 50/50 Peanut Butter & Nutella filled
    4) Nutella and Caramel filled
    5) Heath crunch
    6) "Crunch" (Rice crispies)
    7) Chocolate fudge filled
    8) Etc. :)

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Wow, those look great!

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    The Companion Cube treats are my favourites. Hands down. I have the Solo Carbonite molds and love them. I make chocolate treats as well. The only reason I've never used them for PAX is because I only have the one. I've always focused on cookies because I could simply bake far more. Those molds are magic tho.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything from this yet. Is my Mochi still good?

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    @facelesscog...PLEASE tell me you will make your way towards BYOC this year with some of those goodies...they look awesome!

signature.png
  • Options
    geek_swagggeek_swagg Registered User new member

you could totally do those with cookie dough instead of the reeses too!!! (I just want to try out my recipe for eggless cookie dough tbh)

• Options
    I spent today making bacon (4.5 lbs worth) and chocolate goodness.

Not the greatest picture, I'll try to get some more tomorrow. But this is a picture of the last round we did, these are applewood thick cut bacon, dipped in ghiradelli chocolate and a stripe of reeses peanut butter.

QXDnQQH.jpg

Tomorrow my goal is to knock out the chocolate spacer invaders I've been meaning to make and I'm going to try and make some reeses peanut butter filled. Also need to finish making hard candy.

I smell like bacon >_>

• Options
    Rappak wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything from this yet. Is my Mochi still good?

Have you signed up on the cookie brigade site? That's where you should be asking if you want to donate things for distribution.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    I spent today making bacon (4.5 lbs worth) and chocolate goodness.

Not the greatest picture, I'll try to get some more tomorrow. But this is a picture of the last round we did, these are applewood thick cut bacon, dipped in ghiradelli chocolate and a stripe of reeses peanut butter.

QXDnQQH.jpg

Tomorrow my goal is to knock out the chocolate spacer invaders I've been meaning to make and I'm going to try and make some reeses peanut butter filled. Also need to finish making hard candy.

I smell like bacon >_>

Oh gods I want to try those.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    The chocolate lab stuff looks awesome also that bacon in chocolate and peanut butter looks amazing

grym & kvlt
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Hey there Forum!

As part of the sponsorship from the folks at ThinkGeek, I received a bunch of molds and cookie cutters to make some awesome treats and redistribute them to other Brigadiers. Here's a link to an album of my Chocolate Lab! Uhh...the laboratory kind...not the dog kind.

Chocolate Lab Album

Flavors include:
    1) Peanut Butter filled
    2) Nutella filled (the mixture is similar in texture to the peanut butter in peanut butter cups, but it's Nutella!)
    3) 50/50 Peanut Butter & Nutella filled
    4) Nutella and Caramel filled
    5) Heath crunch
    6) "Crunch" (Rice crispies)
    7) Chocolate fudge filled
    8) Etc. :)

After seeing this, I'm now considering ordering some of those molds for myself in the future. Was it time consuming to make the filled ones? I'm not a confectionary pro so even though I can figure out how to make most things, it sometimes takes me forever to get it right. ><

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    *frantically looks for the 'Take My Money' meme picture* Since ThinkGeek has a booth in the Expo Hall, I will be sure to reward them for their generous donation to the cause but purchasing obscene amounts of geekery.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Damn you all...

I wasn't planning on spending THAT much $ at PAX...

these creations of yours though... they question the very existence of a higher being

:evil:

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    *frantically looks for the 'Take My Money' meme picture* Since ThinkGeek has a booth in the Expo Hall, I will be sure to reward them for their generous donation to the cause but purchasing obscene amounts of geekery.

Seriously. Everything looks so good in here. The donation money will be flowing from my wallet, lol.
    shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    ATTENTION BRIGADIERS -
    New Brigade communication method - Reply Required

Please see the link above on the brigade website ASAP! New communication methods.

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    We love donation money! Every Brigaders has something up their sleeves, so we can offer a wide variety of treats and snacks. We enjoy when people say, "Wow, someone made X or this cookies has X theme." So throw all your money at us, it goes to a good cause.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    We do have amazing bakers bringing in their amazing creations.

And this year we also have some ThinkGeek goodies. Do you like plushies? And Android devices? We'll have some of these guys to give away for donations.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Yes. I signed up. Or at least I went through the form I think twice.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm going to die of diabetes next weekend, but I'm going to enjoy every gram of sugar doing it.

This discussion has been closed.