As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Cookie Brigade - $17,650+ for Child's Play - You rock East!

12346»

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Bonnies wrote: »
    Rawr! Cookie monster! I took Thursday off to make cookies. Let's see how many I can make lol.
    903295_10151514362557888_285042509_o.jpg
    887151_10151514362932888_796448129_o.jpg

Nyaw... those are so cute! That's a GORGEOUS cookie dough too - you barely lose any of the impression shape at all after baking.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Oh snap, I slacked off on scheduling a drop off time and I have so many cookies! Help.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm sorry. I planned to bake a whole mess of cookies for East this year and right when I was going to get started, ShockHaus came down with the Andromeda Strain. I didn't figure you wanted Typhoid WuShock Nuggets.

Still, I know how short of cookies we always run, and I'm sorry.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I slacked off on scheduling a drop off time and I have so many cookies! Help.

Use messenger to check when someone is available for your drop off. Details are on the cb forum

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Whoever made the nutella/peanut butter brains that Cog was distributing on Thursday. You are the best person in the world.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    It may have been @facelesscog - I know he was distributing stuff he made.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I was unable to get to distributing today.. Sorry.. I will be making some time tomorrow to do so. Fwiw, I did do a little helping of a fellow brigadier in the rock band panel line.. :)

• Options
    Geno GaronGeno Garon Registered User regular
    Brigadiers, PLZ. Not one of you found me, not one of you gave me a cookie. Not one of you got my donations.
    I will be in and near the Riot Games booth most of the day. COME FIND ME.

• Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    Totals for PAX East 2013

Cookies - Over 11,000 cookies donated
    Bakers - over 43 bakers
    Distributors - 37+ distributors

Money - $17,420+

This year was a landslide success thanks to the hard work of our brigadiers and the stunning and humbling generosity of the PAX attendees. We also want to thank ThinkGeek for partnering with us and providing some awesome swag to give away to attendees and for running a fun raffle with tickets given out by brigadiers.

Special shout out to the awesome E's in Red, you're always there to yell for us, guide us, and give us a hand. And a big thanks to Jamie Dillion and Child's Play for their help and support. Even on nearly no sleep Jamie was a superstar.

Cookie Brigade East signing off, next up, Cookie/Biscuit Brigade PAX Australia!

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Yay!!! You guys did an AMAZING job!!! That's incredible!!! I wish I could've been there to see it!

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    I loved all the cookies that were made, and who ever made those Space Invader candies is amazing! I'd love to help out next year!! :)

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Huge thanks to the Cookie Brigade this year. I grumbled last year about not being able to find cookies when I was hungry during 6 hours of D&D, and wow you guys knocked it out of the park this year. I purchased several times from random passing brigadiers, and when I played the DM challenge this year I tweeted our table number and within 30 minutes Ramona Flowers showed up with moustache sugar cookies! I think we threw at least $30 at her, and it was a great snack during a long game.

Thanks again!

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    I loved all the cookies that were made, and who ever made those Space Invader candies is amazing! I'd love to help out next year!! :)

I'm glad you liked them! I made the space invaders candies (chocolate and hard candy). We can always use help, volunteer bakers/distributors. We were successful this year and last because we had a lot of people donate in time. It made a massive difference.
    flatline wrote: »
    Huge thanks to the Cookie Brigade this year. I grumbled last year about not being able to find cookies when I was hungry during 6 hours of D&D, and wow you guys knocked it out of the park this year. I purchased several times from random passing brigadiers, and when I played the DM challenge this year I tweeted our table number and within 30 minutes Ramona Flowers showed up with moustache sugar cookies! I think we threw at least $30 at her, and it was a great snack during a long game.

Thanks again!

I remember you guys! Table 51!

That was actually a great idea tweeting a specific table number. A lot of times people ask for brigadiers in a certain location but its not specific and tabletop especially is huge. A brigadier can walk in and be totally out in 10 minutes without really touching even 10% of the room. We had a ton of great people (I'm like a broken record) but seriously I mean it. We more then doubled the number of distributors, and it allowed them to have fun and allowed the coordinators to focus more on other things then trying to distribute themselves.

• Options
    CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    I've baked for Cookie Brigade before, but this was my first year distributing. I cannot express enough how much fun I had! You get to meet so many awesome people (and being the person handing out free cookies doesn't hurt your popularity either).

Seriously, if you've ever even considered joining the Cookie Brigade, do it! It's a blast!!!

• Options
    roserevolutionroserevolution Registered User regular
    Being part of the Cookie Brigade was amazing, I'm already planning out how far in advance to start baking next year. I'm really proud to be a small part of that $17K number! Distributing was a ton of fun, I may leave the Cookie Brigade patch on my Cooking Mama apron permanently ;)

• Options
    Curious about our numbers at PAX? How many cookies? How many peanut butter cookies? I present to you the Cookie Brigade Infosplosion InfoGraphic.

• Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I find it funny that there were a total of (1)1337 donated cookies. :lol:

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    ShrefShref Registered User regular
    disappointed that i didn't see or get any, but its an awesome program. always good to see money being raised for child's play!

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    We're glad Cookie Brigade was able to reach so many people and crush our past achievements this PAX. We look forward to seeing you all next East.
    Our next venture is to take the Brigade down under. We're trying to send a couple of our core admins to PAX Aus to get things set up so we can continue spreading our good will and deliciousness there. If you want to help, we have a fundraiser here: http://www.gofundme.com/paxaus

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I only once saw a brigader with cookies - at the Crafting panel. And I'm sad I didn't get around to distributing myself. Next year!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is Cookie Brigade officially done keeping their main hoard at that place they used to keep them? I always liked that place in past years because I could get cookies almost whenever I wanted. I had good luck using the twitters this year, just curious.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    flatline wrote: »
    Is Cookie Brigade officially done keeping their main hoard at that place they used to keep them? I always liked that place in past years because I could get cookies almost whenever I wanted. I had good luck using the twitters this year, just curious.

We can't know for sure where we'll be for future PAXes at this point. Our previous location had many drawbacks (it obviously wasn't very secret we were there even though we did try to keep it hushed) but our spot this year had its own set of problems. Ideally, even if it is there again in the future, we would not like that discussed in public, including on this forum.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    punzie wrote: »
    Ideally, even if it is there again in the future, we would not like that discussed in public, including on this forum.

Oh, my bad. I thought it was kosher to ask Brigadiers in their natural habitat for cookies when they were stored there. I didn't realize the Strategic Cookie Reserve was a classified location.

flatline on
  • Options
    Asking them for cookies when you know they're there is ok. It's the public discussion of the location of our HQ that is taboo :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Like on the forums. Please edit your posts to remove the super secret location by name.

@flatline, @punzie

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Just a heads up, we've just launched some brand new forums and a brand new website for the Brigade. We're welcoming non-brigadiers to join us on the site, though we have a super secret hidden sections for Brigadiers.

http://www.cookiebrigade.org

All previous users should be able to use their existing accounts.

We're still raising funds for the Brigade organizers to travel to Australia to kick off the Brigade down under.

PAX Aus Cookie Brigade Fundraiser

But that is it for this thread I think. If you're looking for some more awesome cookie action check us out at PAX Aus and PAX Prime!

This discussion has been closed.