Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    If we don't then we're flying blind on mission 3 with a 1-1 record and we can't do that.
    By including two unknowns, we're flying blind anyway. That's the point of the game. Best case, there a 33% (iirc) chance that anybody you pick is a bad guy. Which goes up to 40% on the second pick if your first pick is good. I think you have a 39.5% chance to not get a spy at all? I don't remember the exact math for that, so I may be off.

Either way, take your best guess.

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    Pick me I'm not a spot and i never got to go on a mission :)

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Pick me I'm not a spot and i never got to go on a mission :)

I can do one better, I'm not a spy.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I'm no spy!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Pick me I'm not a spy and i never got to go on a mission :). I also hate Swype sometimes, but overall its potty good lol

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Doodles obvious Freduian slip! Egos pointing it out gets him on the team.

Cerebus, Kilnaga, Mr.Body, Egos

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    What does In The Spotlight do? I don't really understand its effect.

• Options
    Yeah I have no clue what that card does either.

• Options
    It sounds like you pm Falcon who you want to use it on (I say this because it says submitted secretly) . And then it's revealed whether they supported or sabotaged.

That's the way I read it. So it's a good card if you are resistance. This interpretation correct, @capfalcon ?

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I think there could well be a spy on that team, but I really don't know (as is normal for the game) but I don't think we have much of a choice but to go with it, what do you think Kilnaga?
    I am interested to see how the people who have to vote early vote...

• Options
    The spies only real options at this point are to go for this mission and the last. So I would take that into consideration while deliberating.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Seems like an excellent team to me. Good work, fellow Resistance members!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    It sounds like you pm Falcon who you want to use it on (I say this because it says submitted secretly) . And then it's revealed whether they supported or sabotaged.

That's the way I read it. So it's a good card if you are resistance. This interpretation correct, capfalcon ?

Ah I see...

• Options
    Seems as good a team as any
    Doodles obvious Freduian slip! Egos pointing it out gets him on the team.

Cerebus, Kilnaga, Mr.Body, Egos

I'm posting from my phone most of the time, so please do not count that against me lol

• Options
    we're still waiting on

@blahmcblah and @mi-go hunter for their public votes. they are suppose to go first (not quite sure how that works when there are two). I would assume the first to get it goes first ... if we are being ultra strict (for better or worse)

• Options
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Whoops, sorry guys. Could be reverse psychology on mi-go's part, but it's possible we need to worry about either Egos or MrBody. Just in case, I'll have to vote No.

• Options
    I believe the spies are fucked, but I'm not quite sure. They need 2 more wins I believe? But we only need one (the resistance). If they sabotage this next one. They can't get one of their own on the next one. Which means we are guaranteed to win since it requires two fails.

This is of course assuming that mi-go and flim (given)are spies.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    This is mission #3, and it's tied 1-1. Both sides need 2 successes. If we pass this one, we should definitely win on #4 because it needs two fails. If we fail this one, that's where it gets scary, because it gives the spies two chances to beat us.

• Options
    ah ok. but if this one fails, they really wouldn't have a chance to fail the next mission though right? that is if we are going with the less ridiculous assumption (flim and mi-go). as we would have 3 spies in quarantine if this mission failed? It would be the last that would be the worrisome one since it needs five members. And mi-go can take away the plot cards, right? That is from whoever goes next

• Options
    Yeah, but we run into the same problem we did last game, where if a spy ends up on mission #4 and doesn't sabotage, we use the same team for mission #5 and then he sabotages and we lose. But yeah, if we succeed on this one, we almost definitely win.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Could be reverse psychology on mi-go's part

also yeah, I sorta just realized this fully. Since mi-go voted yes she is basically saying "yeah I'm spy" :) instead of her insistence that she wasn't. Because previously she was saying "yeah I'm resistance and that kil,flim, and cerb were the spies". So if she was still playing up that paranoia /suspicions , she would have voted "No".

yes I'm being Captain Obvious.

• Options
    Kilnaga, I currently think we should just go with it. It may fail but it is basically a fifty fifty at this point. We kind of need more plot cards on people who aren't spies to try and help confirm people, otherwise we're just taking guesses.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Could be reverse psychology on mi-go's part

also yeah, I sorta just realized this fully. Since mi-go voted yes she is basically saying "yeah I'm spy" :) instead of her insistence that she wasn't. Because previously she was saying "yeah I'm resistance and that kil,flim, and cerb were the spies". So if she was still playing up that paranoia /suspicions , she would have voted "No".

yes I'm being Captain Obvious.
    So you're saying we can't trust mi-go?? That's rank madness, Captain!

• Options
    I'm curious why Blah is voting no on this. We have the 2 closest resistance confirmations we're going to get and excluded the 2 most certainly spies. There is absolutely no info on anyone else so what better team could you possibly be holding out for?

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm curious why Blah is voting no on this. We have the 2 closest resistance confirmations we're going to get and excluded the 2 most certainly spies. There is absolutely no info on anyone else so what better team could you possibly be holding out for?

Clearly the one where Cerb and I get cloned and run it by ourselves with our doubles?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I mean, I asked for more group recommendations and we all went into this as kilnaga + cerb + 2 anyone who isn't mi-go or flim as the surest bet. Now someone is voting no when there's no better choice? That's highly suspicious, especially when we already have one failed vote this round.

• Options
    Yea, so who were the spys from the failed game lol?

• Options
    it never got revealed. I wasn't one :I

• Options

It worries me that mi-go voted yes. I know it could be a bluff, but you and Egos were also chosen by Flim for his mission proposal. I would say you can't be a spy, since mi-go also selected you for his team, and he probably wouldn't put two spies on the same team. So I'd probably say the best team would be Cerb, Kilnaga, MrBody, and me. (Yes, this suggestion would've been more helpful before you made your official team proposal)

• Options
    ...you did notice the order of their selection didn't you, blah?

• Options
    to save time
    yeah..no

so he picked all future leaders next in line after mi-go. At first I thought he left off blah and doodles because they were more infamous.

mi-go did the same thing, but included herself. They didn't even try to hide it. They put people on their team in the exact same order they appeared on the leader list.

• Options
    mi-go's a guy, baby.

• Options
    er I knew that...and I was doing so well. Not referring to him as a her.

• Options
    spy

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    er I knew that...and I was doing so well. Not referring to him as a her.

Its the string of female avatars.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I did completely forget the order. But my objection based on mi-go's yes-vote stands.

• Options
    I don't think that your agrument is a bad one. I also remember however in the first game where you argued against all the spies in order to get one of us on the team. Makes me think this could you be doing it again?

• Options
    Just to let everyone know, I'm off on holiday for a week in Italy from tomorrow, so I probably won't have the opportunity to post much. I think you guys have got it all covered though...!

• Options
    Have a good time mate.
    I assume you've really been pulled back to the Empire because you've been found out.