Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    That's what she said!

Maybe the spies have learned from last game and decided to build trust by passing the first mission? Whatevs, let them while we keep passing missions!

By "vote" with the opinion maker card is that just for mission teams or for sabotage/support votes as well?

lol, if that were for sabotaging as well, that would be very broken

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    That's what she said!

Maybe the spies have learned from last game and decided to build trust by passing the first mission? Whatevs, let them while we keep passing missions!

By "vote" with the opinion maker card is that just for mission teams or for sabotage/support votes as well?

Voting is just voting for missions.

The card that makes people reveal what they played into a mission is "Keeping a Close Eye on You."
    It's a one use card.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Hooray for great success! Obviously this plan is a good one, so I'll be voting yes.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Hooray for great success! Obviously this plan is a good one, so I'll be voting yes.

IDK man. I totally think we should rotate the players. :rotate:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    That couldn't possibly fail, right?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    SUCCESS>SUCCESS>SUCCESS

WOO!..that was ...exciting

• Options
    I AM THE WORST HOST. THIS IS A FACT.

I HAVE RECHECKED THE PMs, AND AN ORDER TO SABOTAGE WAS OVERLOOKED. THAT IS 2 SUCCESSES AND 1 FAILURE.

BECAUSE I AM THE WORST, WE MUST REDO ALL THE THINGS, @doodles613!

So, please confirm who you are giving the card to and confirm a team.

Again, I am the worst. Sorry for the confusion.

• Options
    Also, we have a question from a player.

Do I really have to wait for jdark to vote first in thread before I send my stuff in? In a PbP format that seems like it could be a hindrance if people's online times vary. Should we just append that plot card to vote publicly?

No, you do not need to wait. However, you can change your vote, while once the person who gets the card votes, they're locked in.

• Options
    Worst. Host. Ever.

Also, I will now not accept a proposal with either blah or doodles in it until we get a plot card that can clear one of the two of them. This might be a good time to just blow the no confidence card and move away from this set of leaders a little more quickly?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    I HAVE RECHECKED THE PMs, AND AN ORDER TO SABOTAGE WAS OVERLOOKED.

Ah shit.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    FLIMFLAM! WHERE ARE YOU!?
    FLIMFLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPFALCON! WHAT DA FUCK!?
    CAPFALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    OMGWTFBBQ, so much for smooth sailing. So which of you two did it?

• Options
    OMGWTFBBQ, so much for smooth sailing. So which of you three did it?

Fixed that for you.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Okay, so that changes things just a bit! I think we need to be really careful here as isolating all three members loses us 2 resistance members. Probably! My suggestion is we keep them out of missions until we can check them out with plot cards. Thoughts?

• Options
    Well clearly it was either Blah or Doodles. If it was Blah then I'm not trusting Mi-go either due to the nature of the plot card passed between the two. The plot card Doodles passed to Jdark doesn't really say much, and as we saw last time doodles is a pretty good actor. :P

Hopefully I draw a decent plot card when it rolls around to my turn next proposal and we can clear/expose one of those two.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    If it was Blah then I'm not trusting Mi-go either

I AM RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

This plot card doesn't help spies very much anyway.

• Options
    It actually hurts spies, so if doodles is a spy, then it probably clears jdark.

• Options
    OMGWTFBBQ, so much for smooth sailing. So which of you three did it?

Fixed that for you.

Well I know I'm not a spy, so at least for me it's narrowed to two.

• Options

Killing an approved proposal to either 1) get a spy onto the team in the next proposal or 2) time us out and fail enough proposals to auto fail the mission? That doesn't seem like it hurts spies that much to me. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

Killing an approved proposal to either 1) get a spy onto the team in the next proposal or 2) time us out and fail enough proposals to auto fail the mission? That doesn't seem like it hurts spies that much to me. :P

I thought he was talking about Opinion Maker.

• Options
    Also if we time out on proposals, we lose the game, not the mission in question.

• Options
    Also if we time out on proposals, we lose the game, not the mission in question.

Ohh really? Well that's even worse. You and your spy buddy spy-go really set us up good there, eh? :O

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

True. >_>

BUT! I'm not going to use the card in that way! In fact, I'm not sure if I'll ever use this card.

• Options

True. >_>

BUT! I'm not going to use the card in that way! In fact, I'm not sure if I'll ever use this card.

Suuuuuuuuure.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I AM RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VIVA CASTRO VIVA AMERICA VIVA CUBA VIVA BLAHBLAH (not blahmcblah but BLAH as in whatever) VIVA TACO BELL

TacoBellIndia.jpg
    barack-with-cigarette-cropped.jpg

DEAL WITH IT
    there, that is my "I am resistance post"

• Options
  • Options
    Oh god, my eyes.

obama.jpg

DEAL WITH IT

• Options
    Egos may be resistance but I bet he's a frakking cylon!

• Options
    So, about to go sleep. someone suggest a team then..

• Options
    Looks like we'll have to wait for doodles to show back up. I bet he thought he was done after he put his proposal up. If anything, I think that points to him not being the saboteur. If he had been the one to sabotage the first mission he'd have known Cap frakked up the mission results and would have waited for the correction and reposted a new mission team. Totally calling Blah as the spy. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    200px-Leoben2.jpg
    HAS NOT DEALT WITH IT
    if you've seen the show and the scene, you know what I'm referencing :D

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    200px-Leoben2.jpg
    HAS NOT DEALT WITH IT
    if you've seen the show and the scene, you know what I'm referencing :D

Silly Egos, that isn't you. That is clearly SeGaTai.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    yeah it was just the most amusing

BSG spoilers
    of the cylons that turn good that I could think of , while using those words in some way.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Man, that's gone... just horribly wrong (and I'm not just talking about Egos' posting habits)

Kilnaga, although it feels a bit like metagaming, that reasoning sounds good to me. Doodles is probably innocent (though I've been bamboozled by him before :-p ). He should probably keep both you and blah out of the next mission though, to be on the safe side.

Yeah, might be good for mi-go to use his card now (will be less suspicious than if he holds onto it for ages, possibly waiting for a moment to drop us in it...)

• Options
    I think I'll likely vote no on any proposals from doodles and Kilnaga until we find out which is a spy.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, might be good for mi-go to use his card now (will be less suspicious than if he holds onto it for ages, possibly waiting for a moment to drop us in it...)

I could turn down the mission proposal this round, if you want me to.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Probably best to wait until kilnaga's round? Although kilnaga's reasoning was very convincing... I dunno, do what thou wilt mi-go - see what doodles comes up with first though.

• Options
    I think I'll likely vote no on any proposals from doodles and Kilnaga until we find out which is a spy.

Except that you're the spy.

Also, the card reads that mi-go can reject an already approved proposal. We don't even have a proposal at this point, let alone an approved one.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I dunno, do what thou wilt mi-go

That is the only law?