Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    @Flimflammery

you hate Obama, Taco Bell, Cuba and AMERICA!?

AND HAPPY INDIANS WHO ENJOY TACO BELL!? WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Er, that is "shall be the whole of the law". Whatevs.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Also, since it seemed we will be going in circles here with the finger pointing, I suggested Mi-go no confidence doodle's proposal. That way we move down the line and uncover a few more plot cards, hopefully ones that will clear some of this suspicion up.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I WILL DECIDE WHEN TO USE MY PLOT CARD.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Also, is it a viable strategy to vote missions down more often so we can get more plot cards?

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I dunno, kilnaga. Like you said, doodles seems fairly probably not a spy.

Is he getting a new plot card too? Does that other one no longer apply to jdarksun?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I WILL DECIDE WHEN TO USE MY PLOT CARD.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLVi4v7lSM

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    @Flimflammery

you hate Obama, Taco Bell, Cuba and AMERICA!?

AND HAPPY INDIANS WHO ENJOY TACO BELL!? WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?

You've changed, man. I.. I don't even know you any more...

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    We're waiting on @doodles613 to re-decide on who gets the plot card, as well as who he's proposing for the next mission in light of new information.

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Hooray for great success! Obviously this plan is a good one, so I'll be voting yes.

OK, your over enthusiasm makes me think your really spymcblah lol

• Options
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Hooray for great success! Obviously this plan is a good one, so I'll be voting yes.

OK, your over enthusiasm makes me think your really spymcblah lol

That's what I'm saying. Make a new team sir.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Alright, I just read through all the posts, and I'd like to hear some suggestions. We are in a real pinch here and have to be very careful about what we do next or we go down 2-0 with almost no hope of winning. Since Kilnaga, myself and blahmcblah went on the first mission, I would..sadly..say that we may have to quarantine all three of us on the possibility that one of us is a spy. I know I am not a spy, but arguing too much at this point just puts more suspicion. I will take suggestions for a new team of 4, and if you guys want to include me then great, otherwise, I will not include myself.

Also, I know the power of my card is limited, but blah is a very crafty player, I think we should use it on him. Any suggestions?

• Options
    Alright, I just read through all the posts, and I'd like to hear some suggestions. We are in a real pinch here and have to be very careful about what we do next or we go down 2-0 with almost no hope of winning. Since Kilnaga, myself and blahmcblah went on the first mission, I would..sadly..say that we may have to quarantine all three of us on the possibility that one of us is a spy. I know I am not a spy, but arguing too much at this point just puts more suspicion. I will take suggestions for a new team of 4, and if you guys want to include me then great, otherwise, I will not include myself.

Also, I know the power of my card is limited, but blah is a very crafty player, I think we should use it on him. Any suggestions?

Well clearly if you are resistance put yourself on the team. Don't want to shelf 2 resistance to get 1 spy. I'd say hey, don't shelf me either, because I'm resistance. I also won't be shelfing myself on my turn next proposal (and hopefully I'll get a decent plot card).

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Also, if we're going to work under the assumption Blah is the spy, don't put mi-go on the team either.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I'm working under the assumption that I just got unlucky with my picks this mission.

• Options
    I'm working under the assumption that I just got unlucky with my picks this mission.

Well then doodles is the spy. But I don't by that at the moment as much as I buy you being the spy. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Breakdown is: 10 players, 4 spies. We had two successes and one failure on the mission. Since the spies can't communicate out of game, let's look at the rainy day scenario and assume there's only one spy in that group of three. Leaving the other three spies in the group of seven.

That's actually not terribly worse odds. If for some crazy reason, there were two spies in the first group, the odds of not picking a spy in a random sampling is even better. But we can't assume that.

So best odds for the next course of action? Pick one from the group that went, pick two from the group that didn't. Make the one you pick from the first group of three publicly tell the truth.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Breakdown is: 10 players, 4 spies. We had two successes and one failure on the mission. Since the spies can't communicate out of game, let's look at the rainy day scenario and assume there's only one spy in that group of three. Leaving the other three spies in the group of seven.

That's actually not terribly worse odds. If for some crazy reason, there were two spies in the first group, the odds of not picking a spy in a random sampling is even better. But we can't assume that.

So best odds for the next course of action? Pick one from the group that went, pick two from the group that didn't. Make the one you pick from the first group of three publicly tell the truth.

I'd say me then if you need somebody to tell the truth? As Blah has already had a turn at leader and I'm up next? (If we're going that way that is)

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Also, if we're going to work under the assumption Blah is the spy, don't put mi-go on the team either.

I'm not a spy! I'm completely Resistance!

I'll use No Confidence this turn to prove myself.

• Options
    mi-go as spy is unthinkable. You should probably put him on the new team.

• Options

I may not have caught anything, but do you have a card that proves the faction of someone?

• Options

I may not have caught anything, but do you have a card that proves the faction of someone?

no he has a card that auto-rejects an accepted proposal and moves on to the next leader

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

No Confidence:
    When the leader turns over this card, give it to another player.
    That player may null an approved vote and force a leadership change.
    Then discard this card

If I was a spy, I could hold onto this card until the right time to stop a crucial mission. Instead, since I'm TOTES RESISTANCE, I will waste the card by playing it on this mission.

• Options
    you'd have to wait for an approved vote. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    you'd have to wait for an approved vote. :P

Well, if this vote is approved, I'll play it!

• Options
    can they use it on their own approved vote?

• Options

From the wording.... I suppose so. :/

• Options

I'd see now reason to do that unless you are a spy trying to reach the 5th failed proposal (it is 5, right?).

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm totally lost with the logic of playing these cards o_O

We're in a pickle. Isolating all 3 members is still a victory for the spies since one spy eliminates two resistance. It turns the odds from 4/10 to 3/7.

I'm not sure what to do. More plot cards sounds reasonable, up until the point where we're in danger of 5 failed proposals.

If I had to go with anything, I'd say doodles is clear since you'd think a spy would just wait for Falcon to correct himself about the mission result. That's not 100%, but it's a safer bet than quarantining all 3. That leaves kilnaga and blah. Isolating them would put us at 3/8 spies, which is a shade better than 4/10.

If we want to go a step further and eliminate another player, my intuition says blame the mission leader. But statistically I think it's less likely that a spy gets chosen as a leader than a resistance who then goes on to randomly pick 2 others one of who is spy.

MrBody on
  • Options

From the wording.... I suppose so. :/

I was kind of thinking of a situation where everyone would vote no and you would still end up holding the card (if that's how it works?). But I'm guessing that would just make the person who submits the idea look more suspect. I would think at least...

• Options
    Plot cards are only drawn at the beginning of each round, not at the beginning of each proposal. There won't be any more cards until people actually go on a mission.

• Options
    Plot cards are only drawn at the beginning of each round, not at the beginning of each proposal. There won't be any more cards until people actually go on a mission.

Well damn. D:

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Isolating all 3 members is still a victory for the spies since one spy eliminates two resistance. It turns the odds from 4/10 to 3/7.
    3/7 is not appreciably worse than 4/10.

• Options
    Isolating all 3 members is still a victory for the spies since one spy eliminates two resistance. It turns the odds from 4/10 to 3/7.

Rotating the full team kind of screwed us last game though. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Ah crap, forgot about the post editing rule. I just added on the last 2 paragraphs to my last post.

3/7 is worse resistance odds than 4/10.

• Options
    Oh, "appreciably".

I'm going to bed now. Too many thinking mistakes.

• Options

Rotating the full team kind of screwed us last game though. :P

That was after a successful first mission. Totally different situation this time, down 0-1.

• Options
    OK, I am really not sure what to do, but voting down my proposal does not give us more plot cards. I am open to suggestions on what we can try to do, but we need to eliminate at least 1, if not all, of the original first team. I'll tell you i'm resistance, but if you want to quarantine me, then I'll just pick whoever you guys want me to pick on the next mission. I will give my suggestion for a team after a few people chimed in, but I'd say its likely Blah is the spy

• Options
    Me, Doodles, jdark, (and who's the leader after me?)

- Terence McKenna