Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Not a spy...

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Ok, well it appears that the consensus is to restart, so I'll be sending out the PMs and posting the mission cards.

Again, I'm really sorry for the goof-ups.

• Options
    Alright, according to random.org, @Kilnaga is the first mission leader!

Enjoy your three plot cards

No Confidence
    When the leader turns over this card, give it to another player.
    That player may null an approved vote and force a leadership change.
    Then discard this card

Open up
    That player MUST show their loyalty card to another player.

Opinion Maker
    That player must vote first and publicly for the rest of the game.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Don't stress man, you're doing fine. I made like six serious errors in my MHR PbP game in the last 24 hours. That stuff happens when you're playing for the first time.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Time for you to Open Up @Cerberus (Note: If you don't show it to me I'm going to assume you're a dirty dirty spy and not include you on the mission) :D

@blahmcblah you dirty dirty Opinion Maker

@doodles613 can have No Confidence

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Don't stress man, you're doing fine. I made like six serious errors in my MHR PbP game in the last 24 hours. That stuff happens when you're playing for the first time.

At least I ran out of rules to be wrong about. :D

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Time for you to Open Up @Cerberus (Note: If you don't show it to me I'm going to assume you're a dirty dirty spy and not include you on the mission) :D

Remember, we are restarting, so you might want to wait to use some if you can hold on to to them lol

• Options
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Remember, we are restarting, so you might want to wait to use some if you can hold on to to them lol

Nope. All cards must be played or distributed by the leader when they are drawn.

• Options

All 3 are "when turned over give to another player." I have to pass them all out. :P

So I made Cerb OPEN UP, because he's the next leader. I gave you no Confidence because you're the leader farthest away. I gave Blah Opinion Maker because, why the hell not.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    ok, so I just have to vote publicly, like I always do, but im not allowed to change my mind?

• Options
    Once you publicly confirm it (Bolding your vote will do), no, you can't change it.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    do we know who the new spys are yet lol, also who were the old spys

• Options
    ok, so I just have to vote publicly, like I always do, but im not allowed to change my mind?

No, Blah got the public vote plot card. You got the "cancel an approved mission" plot card.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I'm also not sure how the Open Up card works. @Capfalcon does Cerb just PM you with who he wants to reveal to, then you tell that person via PM or something? I don't want to put a proposal up until I know that reveal has gone through.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

Just so you know I've yet to get a PM regarding new roles, unless they are the same as before, but either way I kinda need confirmation.
    Once I have that I will let Cap know who I am going to send it too.

• Options
    If a card instructs you to reveal your alignment, you can PM your alignment, as long as you include me in the PM.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Although he still has to say who he's opening up to.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Although he still has to say who he's opening up to.

That is correct.

• Options
    Ok, I'm not going to be able to come on until tomorrow night. I also wont be able to access the computer from Sun night through Tuesday, and will be back Tuesday
    night, ill try to leave some instructions in advance for capfalcon :)

• Options
    I'm still confused, am I supposed to be waiting for a new PM on loyalty or am I using the old one?

• Options
    I just assumed we were using the old ones when the game started back up?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I can but a lot of information has already been gained from the first failed mission so I assumed that it would change. Also because of this...
    Ok, well it appears that the consensus is to restart, so I'll be sending out the PMs and posting the mission cards.

I am cool with us having the advantage we do, but, I hate winning in such a manner. I like to win off my own merits. If Cap confirms then we can start...

Also, I (and Flim) will likely be AFK a lot tomorrow as are meeting up in RL to play games with some other PA'ers.

• Options
    Ok, new PM has been received, so I am sending over my loyalty to Kilnaga now.

If I was a spy I wouldn't send this to a resistance member, so I am either resistance or we are both spies (If this was the case why would I point this out).
    Therefore this should be some strong indication that I am resistance!

• Options
    Alright! We can finally get started!!!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    (If this was the case why would I point this out).
    Because the truth table for it is fairly obvious, and pointing it out makes you feel like you've made yourself less suspicious.

(If Kilnaga does not accuse you of being a spy, it does not ensure that the two of you are not. It merely links your fates.)

• Options
    Kilnaga, Cerberus, Flimflammery

I think we will use the same strategy for selecting this mission team. This time however we have the added benefit of extra plot cards. :D

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Fairly safe assumption that Cerberus is not a spy then (I guess a 3/5 chance, at any rate - the same chance that the mission leader is resistance). I'm happy for it to go ahead then!

• Options
    I voted yes.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I will vote yes. If we get one sabotage, the spy is most likely Flimflam. If two, then Cerberus and Kilnaga.

• Options
    I'll vote yes, and are with mi go. Their fate is linked now, and i seriously doubt they are spys because they would not want two spots on a mission

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Yes I guess? Man these cards make things confusing on PbP.

• Options
    @Blahmcblah needs to publicly vote for the proposal :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    What's happening? Am on tenterhooks!

• Options
    What's happening? Am on tenterhooks!

Think we are still waiting for @blahmcblah to vote publicly. May also be waiting for me than just him. :/

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »

@BLAHMCBLAH !!!!!!

• Options
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Yes.

I think cap said you're supposed to bold it as well, but we won't quibble. :D

@capfalcon that should be everyone now?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Ohh dear god, BBCode mishap and I can't edit it. D:

- Terence McKenna