Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Voting yes assuming the first mission was really a success and not a delayed failure.

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    voting yes

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I'm voting yes. Seems a solid plan, and in the worse-case scenario that it fails, mi-go would be an obvious traitor, from my point of view.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm voting yes. Seems a solid plan, and in the worse-case scenario that it fails, mi-go would be an obvious traitor, from my point of view.

Actually, If this fails I'd quarantine both you and mi-go. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »

Actually, If this fails I'd quarantine both you and mi-go. :P

D:

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    It makes perfect sense, you are more likely to be the spy as the first mission passed but its not worth the risk so putting you both out of the next mission is sensible.

Kilnaga and I are resistance, there is no way around that now, we both agree and Flimflammery has seen that I am resistance and so would/should have shouted massively if I was a spy by now. Therefore Kilnaga and I should be on EVERY misssion from here on in.

The alternative is that we (Kilnaga, Me, Flim) are all spies, but as we are passing missions or if the next one fails with only 1 sabotage it is evident that Kilnaga and I are resistance more and more.

I hope this makes sense to everyone, even the spies, but if Kilnaga and I are not on missions then something is very wrong. I hope you all agree.

• Options
    Well, it looks like we are on our way to an easy victory, I wish this game had more of a way to argue and fight. The last one only got exciting becuase we put 2 new people in the second mission, screwing the rebels lol.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    1. Kilnaga - YES
    2. Cerberus - YES (Technically didn't send in a vote, but there are enough to pass the vote, and I'd think he'd vote for his own plan.
    3. Flimflammery - YES
    4. "mi-go hunter" - YES
    5. MrBody - YES
    6. JDarkSun - YES
    7. Stever777 - YES
    8. Egos - YES
    9. blahmcblah THE OPINION MAKER - YES
    10. doodles613 - YES

SO!

@Kilnaga, @Flimflammery, @Cerberus, and @mi-go hunter

Let's see your plans to pull this off.

• Options
    I'm betting this mission fails. :(

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Well, it looks like we are on our way to an easy victory, I wish this game had more of a way to argue and fight. The last one only got exciting becuase we put 2 new people in the second mission, screwing the rebels lol.

I guess the cards make more sense at a table when you can see everyone, but I'm finding it reeeeally hard to keep track of any of the cardplay significance here. One per mission I could handle. Three is crazy.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Wow, unanimous. Cerb's logic plus what the plot cards have already revealed is fairly unassailable, I guess.

• Options
    I am fairly sure that this mission is screwed, why would all the spies vote yes for it otherwise? I guess we will see.
    MrBody wrote: »

I guess the cards make more sense at a table when you can see everyone, but I'm finding it reeeeally hard to keep track of any of the cardplay significance here. One per mission I could handle. Three is crazy.

I have always credited you with being smarter than this, you always have an opinion on how stuff works or how something should be done. I'm a little surprised that you are like this. Plus a little suspicious...

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I am fairly sure that this mission is screwed, why would all the spies vote yes for it otherwise? I guess we will see.

I have always credited you with being smarter than this, you always have an opinion on how stuff works or how something should be done. I'm a little surprised that you are like this. Plus a little suspicious...

YOU try spending 10 years being tortured in an Empire detention camp after the last resistance was crushed. We'll see how keen on three way logic puzzles you are then!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular

YOU try spending 10 years being tortured in an Empire detention camp after the last resistance was crushed. We'll see how keen on three way logic puzzles you are then!

I don't think the Empire ever lets captives escape, or live for that matter......

SUSPICIOUS

• Options

Roleplay from you, hmm, now I really am suspicious, the MrBody I know uses logic...

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    The mission went abysmally, with two failures and two successes.

Next up is @Flimflammery!

Your cards to distribute:

In the Spotlight
    When the leader turns over this card, give it to another player.
    Before mission cards are submitted, you may chose another player to submit their mission card face up. This happens simultaneously with all other mission cards, so the card is still submitted secretly.
    Then discard this card

Strong Leader
    Before the current leader turns over a plot card, you may use this card to become the leader.
    Then discard this card

Opinion Maker
    That player must vote first and publicly for the rest of the game.

Preemptive Ruling: Two people are now opinion makers. The both will need to vote publicly before the votes will be counted. The first person to vote may not change their vote in response to the second person to vote.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Uh, yeah, so that was pretty obvious, huh?

• Options
    Hey Spy-Go and Spyspyerry. How you two spies doing?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Although it could be Kilnaga and Cerberus trying to pin it on mi-go and Flim. But that seems somewhat unlikely.

• Options
    Er, that is Kilnaga and Cerberus as possible spies. Obviously they're pinning it on mi-go and Flim either way.

• Options
    Yeh, I mean, clearly it is a terrible attempt to try and frame me/cerb. Film saw Cerb's card and didn't call spy right off; you think he would have if they were going to try and set us up.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Did anyone see Kilnaga's loyalty card yet? Hmmmmmmmm?

Not sure if I can trust Flimflam either.

• Options
    Convenient time to sabotage when I join the team, spies! Nice job trying to frame me.

• Options
    Oh, I completely forgot about that. Yeah, there's no way it's not mi-go and Flim then. So two spies exposed, clear sailing to victory?

• Options

Cerb has, but nice try Spy-go.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

Yes, Cerberus did. If either Kilnaga or Cerberus were spies, one of them or Flim would've said so. The only alternative to it being you and Flim is Kilnaga, Cerberus, and Flim all being spies. And that would be totally nuts. So yeah, it's you and Flim.

• Options

Cerb has, but nice try Spy-go.

I feel like I'm surrounded by spies in this mission...

It's completely possible that Cerb, Kil, and Flimflam are all in this together. And it would make sense that one of them would not sabotage.

Because I'm Resistance! And I did not sabotage!

• Options
    But I understand if you folks don't trust me. You can quarantine me from future missions if you like. This reeks of spies. SPIES EVERYWHERE.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    mi-go's mafia.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Oh right, I forgot stever outed mi-go earlier. That must mean stever's a spy too, lolol

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Oh right, I forgot stever outed mi-go earlier. That must mean stever's a spy too, lolol

Ahahahahahahaha. Very funny =/
    See my character card before you guys jump to conclusions. And I suggest someone out of the Cerb, Flim, Kilnaga triad to peek at their character cards when you get the oppurtunity.

• Options
    well I did not see that 1 coming so who's the spys?

• Options
    Read.

• Options
    I think if we quarantine the whole group we lose 2 Alliance and 2 spies leaving us with 6 people 2 of which are spys. I think we can pin the last two this way

• Options
    I think if we quarantine the whole group we lose 2 Alliance and 2 spies leaving us with 6 people 2 of which are spys. I think we can pin the last two this way

That sounds like a plan; if we're lucky we can trap more than 2 spies this way. 1/3 of the remaining 6 that are spies is better odds than 2/5 of the entire Resistance.

• Options
    We don't need to quarantine the whole group. We know who both spies are. Using 2 sabotages on this mission was just silly of them; totally outed both of them and got them quarantined for the rest of the game. Those silly geese spies. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    We don't need to quarantine the whole group. We know who both spies are. Using 2 sabotages on this mission was just silly of them; totally outed both of them and got them quarantined for the rest of the game. Those silly geese spies. :P

I'm NOT a spy! Just because you, Cerb, and Flim practically know each others' identities doesn't mean you guys are Resistance, mk?

• Options

I'm NOT a spy! Just because you, Cerb, and Flim practically know each others' identities doesn't mean you guys are Resistance, mk?

You can keep this up all you want, we know you're a spy.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Fine, say whatever you want! But to trust Kil, Cerb, and Flim fully just yet is silly.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options

Fine, say whatever you want! But to trust Kil, Cerb, and Flim fully just yet is silly.

Nobody is saying to trust Flim either, what with him being the other spy and all.

- Terence McKenna