Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    We don't need to quarantine the whole group. We know who both spies are. Using 2 sabotages on this mission was just silly of them; totally outed both of them and got them quarantined for the rest of the game. Those silly geese spies. :P

I'm NOT a spy! Just because you, Cerb, and Flim practically know each others' identities doesn't mean you guys are Resistance, mk?

You can keep this up all you want, we know you're a spy.

Fine, say whatever you want! But to trust Kil, Cerb, and Flim fully just yet is silly.

Nobody is saying to trust Flim either, what with him being the other spy and all.

Or you three could all be spies. Not unlikely considering all of you were on the first mission! Anyway, whatevas. I am Resistance but it is probably safe to quarantine all of us.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    We don't need to quarantine the whole group. We know who both spies are. Using 2 sabotages on this mission was just silly of them; totally outed both of them and got them quarantined for the rest of the game. Those silly geese spies. :P

I'm NOT a spy! Just because you, Cerb, and Flim practically know each others' identities doesn't mean you guys are Resistance, mk?

You can keep this up all you want, we know you're a spy.

Fine, say whatever you want! But to trust Kil, Cerb, and Flim fully just yet is silly.

Nobody is saying to trust Flim either, what with him being the other spy and all.

Or you three could all be spies. Not unlikely considering all of you were on the first mission! Anyway, whatevas. I am Resistance but it is probably safe to quarantine all of us.

Throw the baby out with the bath water? I think not. I don't think I'd put doodles on the next team either for making the same suggestion. There is zero reason to quarantine all four of us.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Obviously no-one's going to believe a word I say from now on, but curiously you've passed the mantle of leadership to me anyway; how careless. Almost as if you wanted the missions to fail. That sounds pretty spy-like of all of you ;-)

So, to these delicious plot cards that have unaccountably fallen into my hands...

In the Spotlight
    When the leader turns over this card, give it to another player.
    Before mission cards are submitted, you may chose another player to submit their mission card face up. This happens simultaneously with all other mission cards, so the card is still submitted secretly.
    Then discard this card

I think that... Yes, mi-go clearly has the requisite skill and honesty to take on this card.

Strong Leader
    Before the current leader turns over a plot card, you may use this card to become the leader.
    Then discard this card

Likewise, I think mi-go is probably best placed to take on the mantle of leadership should anyone else falter in their sacred duty.

Opinion Maker
    That player must vote first and publicly for the rest of the game.

Let me see... Wracking my brains, who could... Of course! *smacks forehead* it's obvious. I think mi-go would make a fine Opinion-maker. Wouldn't you all say? Excellent, we're all in agreement then. Jolly, jolly good.

Now, I'm going to have to go to bed now, this plot card distribution is very hard on the old brain cells. But I'll put together a crack team like you wouldn't believe tomorrow morning, just you wait. We'll beat those imperial pigdogs yet, you'll see :)

• Options
    Spies making yet more goosey decisions. Mi-go was at least trying to still act as if he were resistance. Your plot card play there just sort of confirms you both (not that we already weren't convinced you guys were spies).

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Well, I'm frakked. With all the plot cards given to me, now I look like the most obvious spy ever.

Please think twice before admitting Flim, Cerb, and Kil to a mission team, that's all I gotta say. Nice try, Flim. Nice try.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    Spies making yet more goosey decisions. Mi-go was at least trying to still act as if he were resistance. Your plot card play there just sort of confirms you both (not that we already weren't convinced you guys were spies).
    Well, I'm frakked. With all the plot cards given to me, now I look like the most obvious spy ever.

Please think twice before admitting Flim, Cerb, and Kil to a mission team, that's all I gotta say. Nice try, Flim. Nice try.

See, still chugging away after his teammate's tossing in the towel and sandbagging him with plot cards. Any team Flim makes is most likely going to get shot down.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    /popcorn

I was /popcorning last game when Tayrun and Mi-go were going back and forth, it was quite entertaining.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    What the hell... I am shocked at Flim giving up. But he is really implementing mi go. Either way, it should be obvious who the spies are. As I'm not a spy or flim would have shouted, and I know me and kiknaga are resistance. I'm against anything with them on a team.

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    What the hell... I am shocked at Flim giving up. But he is really implementing mi go. Either way, it should be obvious who the spies are. As I'm not a spy or flim would have shouted, and I know me and kiknaga are resistance. I'm against anything with them on a team.

As well as anything with us not, surely? :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I'm sure he'll say that when he gets back as well. As solid proven resistance, you two must be part of every remaining mission team. It's the only strategy that makes sense.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so looking over the plot cards the Flim gave out..

In the Spotlight - makes sense that he would give to an outed spy, since they won't be going on any missions.

Strong Leader - makes sense to give this to another spy because they can take plot cards away from another (this is correct, right?)

Opinion Maker- handing it to another spy, kinda screws the spies a bit..I would think?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Opinion Maker- handing it to another spy, kinda screws the spies a bit..I would think?

Not completely. It opens the door for a bit of reverse psychology. spy-go might now vote "no" to a team that he knows has another spy on it with the intention of drawing resistance members into voting in the affirmative. Or voting yes on an all-resistance team to stoke some paranoia. Lots of possibilities there.

Then again, it could just be Spyspyery's attempt to taint the one true resistance member from the previous mission, but that is still highly doubtful.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't think any of the decisions I made were goosey in the slightest. I've had to do the best I could under extremely difficult circumstances. And I haven't given up. Nosiree. Just... think of me as a revealed Cylon :-p

Also, any plot cards I gave to anyone as yet untested would be either implicating other spies, or, conversely, they would be helping the resistance further. Funnily enough, neither of those options are exactly appealing... And anyway, everyone knows mi-go's resistance, right? To the very core.

Anyway, team team team. Let's see now. I suspect it's going to be shot down if it has me on it, so that's out. So i guess I'll just pick from the unwashed masses:

[limegreen]MrBody, jdarksun, stever777, and Egos[/colour]

Not that anyone's gonna risk it, but, y'know, a spy's gotta do...

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I'm confused & drunk, like always!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    D'awww, it's almost like having Tayrun still in the game ;-)

• Options
    Anyway, game's not over, guys. One all so far. Bring it.

• Options
    Oh, and clearly I've fucked up the html massively above, and it won't let me edit it for some reason (clearly this board is spyist, and I will be making a complaint to the management). So, for reference, the team is:

MrBody, jdarksun, stever777, and Egos

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I know others need to vote first, but HELL NO! Interesting that you admit to being a spy flim, as that also fully implicates Mi-go due to there being two sabotage cards. Seems good to have identified two spies even at the cost of a mission.

• Options
    Derp. NO

• Options
    edited September 2012
    yeah..no

so he picked all future leaders next in line after mi-go. At first I thought he left off blah and doodles because they were more infamous.

Egos on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Uuuuuhh trying to follow all these plot cards over 9 pages is exhausting. I have no clue.

So there's definite proof Flim and Mi-Go are connected? I just can't see a spy blatantly giving up like that and taking down another spy with him. Though considering Flim's record for bringing down his own side I guess it's possible.

Even as a resistance member, voting no I guess.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Mission 1 - Kilnaga, Cerberus, Flim - Success
    Mission 2 - Kilnaga, Cerberus, Flim, mi-go - Failure with two sabotages played.

At least half of the second team must be spies. If not for the plot cards, we might have quarantined all four. But Kilnaga and Cerberus have been able to look at each other's loyalty, and each said the other is resistance. And Flim looked at Cerberus' loyalty and said nothing, and voted yes on the second mission team. If Cerberus is a spy, Kilnaga and Flim are both spies as well, since they both looked at his loyalty. If Cerberus isn't a spy, neither is Kilnaga (Cerberus saw his loyalty and didn't call him out)... which only leaves Flim and mi-go. So, possible spy sets:

Kilnaga, Cerberus, and Flim (with none sabotaging mission #1 and two sabotaging mission #2)
    Flim and mi-go

One of these is so extremely unlikely, it's laughable. The other is the clear truth. Even though that means mi-go is a spy. :cry:

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    So basically Flim knows the jig is up, so he's arming his fellow outed spy as best he can. Look for mi-go to do the same thing if he gets a chance to draw plot cards.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I know you guys still don't trust me, but I am Resistance. Your analysis is correct blah, and the first option does seem unlikely but it could be true.

Flim (obvious spy) is trying to implicate me in the stupidest way. Please you guys, unless we get some confirmation if you trust Kil and Cerb 100%, we might lose.

Anyway, voting no on this one of course. This sabotage patterns highly suggest that me and Flim are spies but I am NOT.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    @mi-go hunter Don't forget to bold your vote, as you're an Opinion Maker now too.

I think two Opinion Makers are actually supposed to reveal their votes simultaneously. Maybe we should PM them to Cap next mission?

• Options
    I take it Strong Leader means that he gains the plot cards the would-be leader would get?

• Options
    I believe so, yes.

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    Well, i think blah has the best analysis so we should use cerb and kil on the next mission, but along with who else. I would say blah for sure, because he would not pin the DOS like that if he were one. I would like to go on a mission since i did not get to go last game lol. If you want to be suspicious of me then that sinks because without thinking about who used what plot cards where, it's not bad to quarantine 1 for 1

• Options
  • Options
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Well, i think blah has the best analysis so we should use cerb and kil on the next mission, but along with who else. I would say blah for sure, because he would not pin the DOS like that if he were one. I would like to go on a mission since i did not get to go last game lol. If you want to be suspicious of me then that sinks because without thinking about who used what plot cards where, it's not bad to quarantine 1 for 1

You were also an evil spy last game, so not sending you on a mission was a good thing. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Also, who wag
    doodles613 wrote: »

You were also an evil spy last game, so not sending you on a mission was a good thing. :P

Thats true, but I'm not a spy this game, and I really didnt get to do much last game except for cause confusion so no one knew what the heck to think lol

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    1. Kilnaga - No
    2. Cerberus - No
    3. Flimflammery - Yes
    4. "mi-go hunter" AN OPINION MAKER - No
    5. MrBody - No
    6. JDarkSun - No
    7. Stever777 - Yes
    8. Egos - No
    9. blahmcblah THE OPINION MAKER - No
    10. doodles613 - No

DENIED

Next up, @mi-go hunter is up to make the second mission team.

• Options
    Well shit. This isn't good. D:

May end up getting beat by outed spies.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Also, stever voted yes? Totes not putting him on a team. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Why would you not put stever on the team? I haven't seen him at any of the secret spy meetings...

• Options
    I'm TOTES village... or Resistance.. or whatever is good.

• Options
    7. Stever777 - Yes

Ummm...why would anyone but a spy vote yes for this mission? We have all said publicly that this mission for sure contains a spy and is not good. I would not accept an excuse that he just was not paying attention to the last 2-3 pages of posts, so that leaves one conclusion lol

• Options
    For kicks, daddy-o!

• Options
    Am I supposed to receive my plot cards?

In any case, any team I assemble will be shot down but here it is:

mi-go hunter, MrBody, Jdarksun, and stever777

I won't take Cerb, Kil, or Flim because I believe they are all spies.