Options

Borderlands 2: Old thread, no fapping

1939495969799»

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Not being able to Phaselock some stuff is getting REALLY annoying. Play a Harmony/Motion Maya, and rely on Wreck for DPS and Elated for healing while extending Phaselock duration and reducing its CD? Better hope you don't run into a Badass Thresher or a swarm of Buzzards, or you'll be completely useless and die!

Phaselock is awful and spec'ing into it in any way at all totally gimps your build.
    Like, I've tried about five different phaselock builds and none of them work even slightly well. It's a bad action skill, and the way it interacts with your skill tree is even worse.

Yeah, a low cooldown skill that CC's 90% of what you fight in the game, and deals damage to the 10% it doesn't work on is a horrible skill. Nevermind that most of the time when there are enemies you can't use it on, they come with endless mooks it does work on. Phaselock is rather awesome, in many different ways, depending on how you spec into it. I know I'm a big fan of the present version I am using, sucks in surrounding enemies and damages them. Makes it very easy to manage a large pack by following up with shotgun/grenades/rockets.

Really tired of hearing people gripe about skills being bad. I have yet to find a skill that is 'useless'. In fact, most of them have some kind of practical application, on top of being fun.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Holy hell, when did Borderlands decide to get so damn depressing?

I just finished the Wildlife Preserve, and
    Fuck you, Jack. I played Mordecai in the first game, and Bloodwing was the greatest thing ever. At first, when he was referencing the elemental damage types during the fight, I thought that him forgetting Explosive was a jab at the fact that it's not a normal elemental effect in this game. How wrong I was. ;-;

Add Mordecai's pure, robot wrecking rage to it, and I really felt it there. And as if that wasn't enough, you get the audio logs detailing the slag experimentation as what actually happened to Tiny Tina's parents. So many feels. ;-;

Thank god we have a villain who can find ways to laugh about it or make it silly. Hmmm, shades of Joker...

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Daris wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Not being able to Phaselock some stuff is getting REALLY annoying. Play a Harmony/Motion Maya, and rely on Wreck for DPS and Elated for healing while extending Phaselock duration and reducing its CD? Better hope you don't run into a Badass Thresher or a swarm of Buzzards, or you'll be completely useless and die!

Phaselock is awful and spec'ing into it in any way at all totally gimps your build.
    Like, I've tried about five different phaselock builds and none of them work even slightly well. It's a bad action skill, and the way it interacts with your skill tree is even worse.

Yeah, a low cooldown skill that CC's 90% of what you fight in the game, and deals damage to the 10% it doesn't work on is a horrible skill. Nevermind that most of the time when there are enemies you can't use it on, they come with endless mooks it does work on. Phaselock is rather awesome, in many different ways, depending on how you spec into it. I know I'm a big fan of the present version I am using, sucks in surrounding enemies and damages them. Makes it very easy to manage a large pack by following up with shotgun/grenades/rockets.

Really tired of hearing people gripe about skills being bad. I have yet to find a skill that is 'useless'. In fact, most of them have some kind of practical application, on top of being fun.

Phaselock's not useless, and it's not bad. I love it.

However, I think we can agree that it is objectively unfun when a significant amount of your skilled abilities do not work, quite possibly rendering you dead meat, and the tradeoff is that you maybe make the HP bar of a boss or a Badass tick down by 1%.

This can be fixed so easily. There's really no reason for it not to proc the abilities at the very least.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    New Thread!!!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know...I kind of wish this game had some kind of quick roll or something. Like a side dodge.

I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately... the lack of a dodge button has gotten me into some trouble in BL2.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Holy hell, when did Borderlands decide to get so damn depressing?

I just finished the Wildlife Preserve, and
    Fuck you, Jack. I played Mordecai in the first game, and Bloodwing was the greatest thing ever. At first, when he was referencing the elemental damage types during the fight, I thought that him forgetting Explosive was a jab at the fact that it's not a normal elemental effect in this game. How wrong I was. ;-;

Add Mordecai's pure, robot wrecking rage to it, and I really felt it there. And as if that wasn't enough, you get the audio logs detailing the slag experimentation as what actually happened to Tiny Tina's parents. So many feels. ;-;
    Yeah, I was actually shocked at how depressing things get. It was beautifully done but really jarring since, y'know, Borderlands.

I'm one of the people who feel that the BL1 hunters were disparaged a little bit too much, but Mordecai's whole involvement there was a stellar example of how to handle the old vault hunters. He makes a meaningful contribution and at the end gets to act like an absolute badass. That exiting scene was just magnificent. As you observe, you seriously felt his rage, and watching him blow apart enemies that take you 20 seconds to kill was incredible.

There is no reason for any enemy to be immune to a character's action ability, even if they are a boss

At the most, they should be resistant to it

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments exactly.

Doing 7k damage at Level 31 is nice and all, but when it's .5% chipped off a boss's healthbar and your skill doesn't do anything else, that doesn't feel so great.

I should reiterate that I am enjoying the hell out of this game; this is merely an area in which I think a significant problem can be rectified quickly.

7k damage at 31?

Okay, I can definitely see why you're pissed off.

I can already do that much damage in no time just by shooting, and I'm only at level 25. Hell, I've seen launchers that can do almost that much damage.

Does the phaselock "orb" at least stick around for the duration to give you your passive skill effects?

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    man i cant find a new class mod to save my life. ive been using the same one for like 13 levels now.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oustanding session, Antihippy. Sorry I had to leave, but I'm training at the crack of dawn every morning.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
This discussion has been closed.