Options

Screenshots X: Beautifully Expressed; Poorly Compressed

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    So smug.jpg

488W936.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    One of the best moments from the personal story of GW2, and it's entirely missable as its on a branching path. You get reacquainted with an old relic from GW1... most folks won't care about spoilers but just in case.
    TXRhW.jpg

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Where did you get that armor.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    For those of us that haven't played GW1, what's the relic?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Glal wrote: »
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cauldron_of_Cataclysm

It's what the charr used to destroy/conquer the human kingdom of Ascalon (during the intro to the original Guild Wars) before they headed south toward Orr. The modern (GW2) charr nation is built on those ruins, although much of the land has become more pleasant again.

It turned this into this.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    And the lesson is: don't steal from Charr.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Arthil wrote: »
    Where did you get that armor.

Custom bits and pieces. Mostly the Dark set with Tier 2 human cultural shoulders.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Dark_armor

You can get a lv 80 set cheap in Orr from Karma venders. Not max stats but very good.

It's basically the Guild Wars equivalent of a nuclear bomb.
    And you get to use it against the Elder Dragons if you pick the Priory's attack plan in Orr.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    damn it why did I not know that was an option!

I just
    stole some bone ships and surprise attacked them zombies

Not nearly as awesome.

• Options
    I wish they did a better job in hinting at what the object was, still, all of the story missions are pretty sweet from what I've seen.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    feelin' tanky lately.

jtxvm0.jpg

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I liked the storymode until about level 60 or so when you tag along with Trehearne or whatever his name is. Dude is a really wooden voice actor and fighting Risen after Risen after Risen with my Mesmer was not fun. I enjoyed the smaller stories a lot more, like the one where I got to
    discover that a future me had destroyed the world by unleashing the Steam Creatures and that I had to stop him

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    ^-- Um, maybe put that in spoiler tags? Especially since this is the screenshot thread, not the GW2 thread?

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    It's really not a big plot point, it's like a joke-plot almost but fine

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, same. My charr worked her way up from nothing to command, then The Prophecy says Trahearne is the chosen one and he's given his sword and command on a silver plate while I play squire.
    Having a difficult time finishing the +75 personal story, because I've both lost interest in what's going on and because fighting Risen after Risen got old a long time ago. I don't think my character has actually had speaking lines in several missions now...

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Yeah, same. My charr worked her way up from nothing to command, then The Prophecy says Trahearne is the chosen one and he's given his sword and command on a silver plate while I play squire.
    Having a difficult time finishing the +75 personal story, because I've both lost interest in what's going on and because fighting Risen after Risen got old a long time ago. I don't think my character has actually had speaking lines in several missions now...

You should really finish up the story, the last couple arcs for the invasion of Orr are pretty fantastic. Here's my character getting ready to lead a squad of sylvari snipers to go headshot some giants.

NjZlK.jpg

ECOED.jpg
  • Options

I don't actually agree with that critique, especially since you get a huge amount of respect from pretty much all the big shots of GW2 post Claw Island.

You're not FDR, you're Mobius 1.

• Options
    Idle curiousity, but which race(s)'s personal story did you play?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Finally received my first legendary.

wowscrnshot102512195851.jpg

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    A classic. Good on you.

488W936.png
  • Options
    And if I understand right, you can transmog weapons in WoW too yes?

• Options
    edited October 2012
    So those are the Reavers Avynte? Cool, haven't had a chance to see them myself.
    Idle curiousity, but which race(s)'s personal story did you play?

Human. I've heard some people claim T-Jesus comes outta left field for non-Sylvari, but I didn't think so.
    It takes at least six or seven missions to even get to the, "you are chosen to cleanse Orr," plot. And that role nothing to do so much with battling the Dragons, that's your job.

Basically regardless of race, your status as the number two guy in the whole Pact works very well for an MMO. You're a badass, everyone knows it. You're the one who leads the impossible missions. Trahearne is the guy who has to deal with all the boring politics, and inspirational crap. I just get to stab dragons in the face.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I just wish treesus had more personality

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

In most cases. They have some restrictions though. Currently you cant transmog a legendary. I hope they change this, because it's some bullshit.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    4o6xy.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »

In most cases. They have some restrictions though. Currently you cant transmog a legendary. I hope they change this, because it's some bullshit.

Damn right it is.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Those crazy pandas. It's like they don't even care they're endangered

• Options
    In Egypt, a Panda was accidentally issued a driver's license and mowed down 15,000 people before successfully jumping the Pyramids.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Is that a kings defender Raz? Because if so, DAMN YOU! :) I have one waiting for if/when I can get DW sword on my monk.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah. I wanted the lightsaber graphic, but the only one that's one-handed is a world BoE drop that sells for crazy cash.

Monks can use one-handed swords, by the way. I am hoping to dual-wield if I can get a second slicer from Horseman.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    That was my plan too :) I guess ill have to find another sword I like from BC to use now.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I saw a dude the other day with dual swords from the horseman. Both 470's, not transmogged. That's insanely lucky; or maybe monks/rogues have a higher drop rate or something? Either way I was pretty jealous. I had considered leveling my rogue to 89 to get those but decided nah.

I haven't seen anything, sword or helmet on my guys this holiday yet. In fact my pally hasn't ever even seen the str ring drop, let alone lose it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I saw a dude the other day with dual swords from the horseman. Both 470's, not transmogged. That's insanely lucky; or maybe monks/rogues have a higher drop rate or something? Either way I was pretty jealous. I had considered leveling my rogue to 89 to get those but decided nah.

I haven't seen anything, sword or helmet on my guys this holiday yet. In fact my pally hasn't ever even seen the str ring drop, let alone lose it.

No I have been trying every day but I havent got one yet. Just a bunch of Sinister Squashlings (which I already know) and some plate (which I cant use).

• Options
    I got one sword on day two or three, and haven't seen one since then.

On the other hand, I got like two or three of those damn helms.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Fell through the Mad King map, got a couple of neat screenshots

f3GBb.jpg

SW2ho.jpg

Flay on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I thought there was a light saber that dropped in some sort of BC dungeon. Or is that just main hand only?

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Hi

omNN7.jpg

• Options
    I'm gonna miss Halloween.

lnDVd.jpg
    c3POu.jpg
    f2UAt.jpg

• Options
    That third shot looks really cool.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Hit 80 on my mesmer earlier. Love how this set and greatsword look.
    F889205B734FFEE4E8D746D3EF179B265566E17F