As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Zombies] Send...more...Alices...

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Stop trying to make zombie happen.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    fuck all of you i will watch this and have a hoot watching it because i enjoy watching dumb terrible movies for the sheer spectacle of how stupid they are

h5

I just got back from seeing Retribution

It was alright dumb fun. Still hate the 3D and slow-mo that's rampant in it.

Disliked that it was mainly build-up for the final one
    with flying zombie bat mutant things this time

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Copied from my post in another movie thread...
    Was just looking for a thread to give my opinion on the new Resident Evil movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

It is like nothing that happens in these movies even matters anymore.
    -What happened to Chris and Claire? They are mentioned once, when Alice asks where the fuck the are, and that is all.

-Just like that, Alice is OK with working with Wesker, who magically is alive.

-Leon has got to be the ugliest actor I have ever seen. Well, maybe not, but hell if he was a horrible actor and just didn't do it for me.

-Every actor in this movie is horrendous (the actress that played Jill is the #1 culprit) except...

-Michelle Rodriguez. She is the only redeeming thing about this movie. Every scene with her I actually enjoyed.

-The story is just so ridiculous. Are we even following the original Alice anymore?

-The movie ends with a "Hey, fuck you. Just watch the next movie." Give me a break. And they didn't even do anything after the credits to let us know about Chris or Claire (who I am sure want nothing to do with this franchise ever again).

This movie is basically made to pander to the 3D effects and that is all. I hated the last one and this one is just the same. With all these remakes going on in Hollywood, why can't they remake this series?!

Seriously, the 3D and slow motion is just annoying as shit now. THROW ICE PICK AT SCREEN! LOOK AT THE BLOOD! SLOW MOTION BULLETS!

Michelle Rodriguez was great in the little she was in. The girl that plays Jill is a horrible actress (not like she was given much) and so was Leon. Hell, everyone besides Rodriguez. The first three movies I am fine with. I hated the last one and Retribution is just more of the same.

Also,....
    ...I feel like the story from Retribution was taken from the Underworld RE book. I am pretty sure I remember that one having city simulations where they test biohazards and this same shit happened at the facility.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Even a Fossil tyrant? :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    "And at no point will be stooping to any cheap 3D tricks."
    "Did someone say cheap 3D tricks??"
    WnVbt.jpg

• Options
    Haha. No Fossil Tyrant.
    Although I guess you can consider the ginormous Licker one if you really want to.

I am so happy you posted that, wandering. Made my day. I am going down there in like two weeks and that is my favorite attraction.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I thought the first one of these was ok, and the rest were hot garbage

• Options
    I agree with redfield85 about most of his points. I still thought it was okay dumb fun, but god, fuck that plot, fuck that 3D, fuck that slow-mo, and fuck that ending.

And I second the "Michelle Rodriguez was the best part of the whole movie" thing.

• Options
    I saw RE1 like 11 times before it left theaters (not all viewings were in theater though). RE2 was fine. RE3 fell off but was tolerable. The 3D ones are just trash. I used to like the Alice character and now I am just sick of it all.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Quite frankly I'm surprised they went with a sequel bait ending since they're only making the 6th and last one if Retribution makes enough money which ain't a guarantee.

Then again, Afterlife made near 300 million with a 60 mil production budget.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I stopped expecting much once I hit the part in the first movie where Alice jump-kicks a zombie dog.

As for Alice constantly being upgraded? Well, she is married to the writer and director.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Quite frankly I'm surprised they went with a sequel bait ending since they're only making the 6th and last one if Retribution makes enough money which ain't a guarantee.

If they could make enough money to have 6 Saws and at least 4 Paranormal Activities, they will likely make enough money for at least 6 REs. The RE films always make hella bank.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I stopped expecting much once I hit the part in the first movie where Alice jump-kicks a zombie dog.

So, you're not fond of melee stuff in RE? Not being snarky here, just curious. :)

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »

So, you're not fond of melee stuff in RE? Not being snarky here, just curious. :)

I like melee stuff just fine, but I didn't like how it shifted it from a bunch of people vs zombies to a bunch of people plus a superhero vs zombies.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Quietly adding redfield85 to the list of people from whom I should never take movie recommendations.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Holy shit, why would you watch a Resident Evil movie 11 times ever

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    The RE movies don't exist.
    except for degeneration, which was pretty good and not live action at all
    cannot wait for RE6.

• Options
    cannot wait for RE6.

Gonna watch Damnation then?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    cannot wait for RE6.

Gonna watch Damnation then?

probably yes

• Options
    Holy shit, why would you watch a Resident Evil movie 11 times ever

Haha. I was in like early high school! I was a huge RE fan.
    Larlar wrote: »
    Quietly adding redfield85 to the list of people from whom I should never take movie recommendations.

Go see The Expendables. It was the best movie ever created.
    That was me trying to trick you into seeing it. Please God do not put me in the group of people that enjoyed that movie.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Did someone say... zombies?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    You know what would make Resident Evil even better?

Making it more like The Raid. One man versus an apartment complex full of zombies with only a tonfa, a knife and a fistful of Silat-laden hatred.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    You know what would make Resident Evil even better?

Making it more like The Raid. One man versus an apartment complex full of zombies with only a tonfa, a knife and a fistful of Silat-laden hatred.

That kinda reminds me of this zombie-flick I heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4ui929TiE

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Standing on furniture and knifing zombies was already a part of the Resident Evil experience for a lot of people who played the first game.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    You know what looks like a great zombie film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Not zombies, but I'm looking forward to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWrZmD0AN4

They got the look of Heather down pretty well.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I saw Juan of the Dead. Wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular

oh man. I was laughing from 5 seconds in, but i'm have trouble even getting through this one. seeing him interact head on with so many different people is really difficult

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    As a certified Resident Evil addict, I thought the movies would be right up my alley. I saw the first one in cinemas, and decided I would watch any more on television. Then I saw the trailer for the second film and decided nope, I'll just leave well enough alone. A couple of months ago there was one playing whilst I was boredly channel surfing, so I watched it for about 10 minutes. Some shit was happening to Alice in the desert, and she was some kind of Supergirl-Batman hybrid superhero wannabe.

I was not impressed.

• Options
    As a certified Resident Evil addict, I thought the movies would be right up my alley. I saw the first one in cinemas, and decided I would watch any more on television. Then I saw the trailer for the second film and decided nope, I'll just leave well enough alone. A couple of months ago there was one playing whilst I was boredly channel surfing, so I watched it for about 10 minutes. Some shit was happening to Alice in the desert, and she was some kind of Supergirl-Batman hybrid superhero wannabe.

I was not impressed.

This is pretty much the whole of it. It's like they are just different universes using the same name
    and one universe is incredibly shitty

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Resident Evil Retrospective

Subtitled games, movies, and mainline games recapped.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Wait why are y'all dissing the Expendables
    Besides the weak Statham/girlfriend subplot that shit was great

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Sarah and I went to go see Resident Evil: Extinction in theaters and we had a great time. I wasn't as into the sequel, which I caught on cable or something, but it wasn't any worse than I expected.

That first movie I own on DVD because I consider it a legitimately-enjoyable film while the rest of them are just a bunch of actors and a director who are all having a good time with the money the movie studio keeps inexplicably giving them.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The only thing I remember from the first movie is the black guy getting turned into cubes by the laser trap

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

If they could make enough money to have 6 Saws and at least 4 Paranormal Activities, they will likely make enough money for at least 6 REs. The RE films always make hella bank.

part of paranormal activity's thing is that the budgets for them are fairly low though

so your profits are waaaaay higher

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    The only thing I remember from the first movie is the black guy getting turned into cubes by the laser trap

"you're all going to die down here"

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I've seen Romero's script for RE. Looked like garbage. Anderson did one of my favorite films by doing something original, then he let other directors do damage before he took it back with Afterlife(which was my second favorite).

Seeing this later, for

j55ir.jpg

I expect good things, and it'll be more fun than RE6(no tough feat).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    No doubt about it, the Resident Evil movies are stupid.

Like, really stupid.

But I enjoy them a lot, in the sense that I can't stop laughing through most of it, and the first 'Suburbia' sequence right at the beginning was fantastic.

Also of note(fight sequence spoilers):
    I really liked the Umbrella Hallway Fight in Tokyo, which felt very punchy and fun, and the Jill/Alice+Luthor/Leon/Rain fight at the end felt brutal. Stealing the X-Ray technique from MK9 fit the tone of the movie perfectly(it was a little silly) and the hits Jill and Alice were laying on each other sounded BRUTAL. I was actually wincing every few seconds in that fight. It was amazing.

As for where they're going with the plot? They're just having fun! It isn't like the movies are married to the games forever, or anything. Do we really WANT to watch Resident Evil 5: The Movie? Because that would be more Michael Bay material than Paul W.S. Anderson, and it would be awful.

I am pretty excited for the next movie in the series after that tease, and I can easily see them going to 7 or 8 without running out of material.
    Spec spoilers:
    RE:6 will follow the team at the end of Retribution heading back to The Hive in Raccoon City to shut down the Red Queen. Las Plagas upgraded Rain will be a full-on Plagas Leader, pulling a massive horde of zombies behind her, while the Red Queen throws the most powerful and nastiest monsters she's got at Alice and Wesker to stop them from shutting her down permanently. I don't see them going any other way, and it could be a really enjoyable movie. Not good, but fun.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Good to know. Anderson and Jovovich have said they'll keep doing them as long as people watch.

Also, their Wesker is divine.

How well were Barry, Leon, and Ada handled?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    diary of the dead is less than good

survival of the dead is fucking god awful