As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Zombies] Send...more...Alices...

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm willing to bet Retribution will wind up being more fondly remembered than RE6.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet Retribution will wind up being more fondly remembered than RE6.

You're insane

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You're insane

0193_wlqq6.gif

Quality survival horror.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh shit yeah, you convinced me
    That's the downfall of the franchise right there

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I think how fondly this will be remembered will lie somewhere in-between Operation Raccoon City and Resident Evil 5.

So more than the light gun games but less than just about everything else.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Well, it might end up ranking above Resident Evil 0 as well, but I doubt that most people remember much of that at all.

I do recall the Leach Hunger mode being pretty fun though.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    They lost me at including co-op yet again. It's not even remotely horrific if you have someone holding your hand the whole way through. RE5 was a good action game, but it was about as scary as Gremlins 2.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    the series stopped being scary with RE4
    which is also where it finally got fun

• Options
    RE4 has some very tense stuff in it, mostly because you're on your own for most of the game and all. (Code Veronica is my favorite though, so...)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Re 5 had Boulder punching though. So it's ok in my book.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

You're insane

I don't know man

I've heard almost nothing but bad shit about RE6

Waiting to give that demo tomorrow a try

EDIT: Oh shit that demo is out for Silver users now

I will pass judgment shortly

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    People still watch these shitty movies?

I propose that this thread be about Day of the Dead and how hilariously intense Captain Rhodes is.
    I'm runnin this monkey farm now, Frankenstein and I wanna know what the fuck you're doin with my time!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQzO2182etwgw4b3txV1laJdN2Dw5C2rUeId7VgF36nTAHcC8B0r-u04_-

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    I have never seen a Dead movie except for the Zack Snyder remake of Dawn

I keep feeling I really need to remedy this but eh

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    RE4 has some very tense stuff in it, mostly because you're on your own for most of the game and all. (Code Veronica is my favorite though, so...)

Going to agree on the tense moments. I mean, you were a wisecracking zombie smacking badass, but there were times, especially the first time through, that put the fear in proper. Like regenerators. You don't know what it is. You don't know what the plan is.

All you know for sure is that you're shooting it, and it isn't dying like it should.

Your normal state of one man army is nicely called into question.

• Options
    When Undead Napoleon says he is going to send his "right hand" after you and then you get the scene of him chasing after you . . . fuck! Not to mention when he first appears on your initial play-through and you have no idea how to kill him.

• Options
    You're right hand comes off?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

You're insane

I don't know man

I've heard almost nothing but bad shit about RE6

Waiting to give that demo tomorrow a try

EDIT: Oh shit that demo is out for Silver users now

I will pass judgment shortly

Same here. All the future reviewers who have played the game talk about their impending reviews like a soldier preparing for war. I think it was Jim Sterling (who I love but YMMV) who said that "It was funny to me that the tagline is "No Hope Left" because that's how I feel about the series". Might have the wording of that wrong.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The tasks for that right hand are some serious hand jobs.

I do love the dialog in that game so much.

Rehab on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    The tasks for that right hand are some serious hand jobs.

I do love the dialog in that game so much.

Leon is just not taking anything seriously.

Which is not looking to be the take in RE6. A shame.

• Options
    Saddler, you're small time.

• Options
    Oh shit the demo is up?

Hmm... I'm already shutting down for the night
    I'll do it tomorrow

• Options
    Jesus

This demo

Clay Davis would fucking struggle to describe just how shit it is

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    the series stopped being scary with RE4
    which is also where it finally got fun
    terrible opinion sit and spin go f yourselffffff

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The demo seems to have really backfired overall by actually creating a sort of anti-hype.

It seems that most who have experienced the demo now see that a purchase is ill-advisable or that they should at least wait for reviews.

• Options
    If this is the demo they intended for mass public consumption

And it is, considering that:

A) It was released to the public for mass consumption and
    B) It is labeled PUBLIC DEMO

Then I can't imagine how awful the demo that came with Dragon's Dogma must be

• Options
    Vow can you describe it

even a little bit

• Options
    I think it will be pretty hard for Resident Evil to come back from the one-two punch of Operation Raccoon City and this game.

By the time Resident Evil 7 rolls around people are going to be feeling pretty apathetic.

• Options
    I thought 6 was it. Well, "it" as far as the final iteration of any motherfucking franchise is "it".

• Options
    Vow can you describe it

even a little bit

Sure

They made a very loosely-controlling third-person shooter in the most generic-ass way possible

With a clunky cover system that reminds me of...I wanna say Perfect Dark Zero because for some reason that's the example that's coming to mind. You know, where the trigger for aiming kind of magnetically pulls you to the wall? Anyways, that's your cover system sometimes, there is also low cover that you can sometimes stick to and sometimes not when prompted by the A button (this appears to be random), and it also seems you can't stop-and-pop out of low cover.

The game is poorly lit. This is probably the first time I've ever had this complaint outside of film. If you go into brightness settings, the game wanted me to actually turn it down so I could barely see the 6 in the RE6 logo, but even at brightness level 0, I could still see it perfectly fine. Problem was, when you get into the actual game, it may as well be pitch-black. When you turn everything up enough to the point where you can actually see shit, all the colors look washed out and gray, giving it a weird Silent Hill-ish kind of look (but without anything creepy).

Too many moments of random zombie attacks that seem to be scripted and you will lose health, even if you complete the little QTE.

Here's a dumb one: Remember when you played RE1 or 2, and you came across a zombie already laying on the floor? You didn't trust that shit, right? You fired a shot down at it. Sometimes, it was dead. Often, it was not, and would give a final dying gasp. That happens in this one, except those zombies laying around are actually impervious to all your weapon fire, until "triggered" at the right story spot. Feels really scripted.

But mostly my problem is it just has that terrible "loose" feel to both moving and aiming. I think the closest comparison I could draw to how it feels is Lost Planet.

And basically, well, it's not fun. I get the feeling that even if somehow the controls were completely boss, we've just been through this shit a thousand times. They needed something to spice up RE again. You can tell they didn't at least drag their feet, they definitely put in effort. It's just misguided.

So...yeah. Canceling my pre-order and switching it to Halo 4.

• Options
    Damn

I'll check out the demo for myself but I guess I don't get a new game until AC3 now

• Options
    I only played the Leon and Chris sections

Maybe Jake is awesome, who knows

• Options
    Damn

I'll check out the demo for myself but I guess I don't get a new game until AC3 now

You could get Dishonored or X-Com.

They look pretty good.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Damn

You could get Dishonored or X-Com.

They look pretty good.

ehhhhhh maybe

• Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I thought 6 was it. Well, "it" as far as the final iteration of any motherfucking franchise is "it".

I didn't even know that was something Capcom was saying about the game. I bet they find a way to extend the main series even if that is what they are thinking now.

• Options
    Dishonored scares me, because it can't POSSIBLY be as good as it looks/as people who have previewed it says it is. Right? RIGHT???

• Options
    Wait which X-Com

• Options
    I will wait on Dishonored

Still got BL2, and XCOM, AC3 and Halo 4 coming

My message to Capcom is "Don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable"

• Options
    Wait which X-Com

X-Com: Enemy Unknown is the "reboot" that comes out in a couple weeks, by Firaxis

• Options
    Wait which X-Com

Enemy Unknown, duh

I'm still not convinced the other one's even happening ever

Sure as shit not coming this year

• Options
    Oh nevermind

I don't do RTS