As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New web series, "SUPER LIFE" premieres its first TEASER

risingsonrisingson Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone. A while back, people were kind of enough to give some really great feedback on some test footage we did for this project. Months later, we finally got the pilot shot and put together a teaser trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lJSSyqbq1g

Let us know your thoughts. We are hoping to get the pilot out sometime this fall.

Thank you!

Grifter on

• Options
    HalenHalen Registered User regular
    Hi.

I didn't see the original test footage, so I'm coming to this fresh. I have to say I'm afraid it looks a bit hacked together. The lettering comes in late, and then each time it is spaced differently on the screen. I liked the only actual scene in it in content, but the angles just aren't right (there's no reaction shot, we have to guess). The shot of the (angel?) coming from the ceiling looks quite poor.

I feel really bad saying all that. Um. I really like your rhino logo and sounds?

Draw an egg.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I disagree, I thought the scene with the flying hero was one of the better shots personally. I don't really like the scene with the cowboy (the one that's also your static image but only because that digital background looks a little ridiculous. The costumes look fine.

You need to invest in better lighting and sound recording. Also you need to get your actors to pace their dialogue better, the captain America clone getting fired sounded and was delivered like a high school play. The joke was still funny though, and I'm going to watch this because it looks interesting.

Sorry for some of the harshness in the criticism.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    risingsonrisingson Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for the feedback. This is just a teaser, so we are diligently getting the 2nd trailer together and eventually the pilot.

Grifter on