As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mobile Gaming] My First iPhone. Help, Please!

Xander25Xander25 Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Games and Technology
So, I've definitively decided to join the Apple masses and get an iPhone, abandoning Android.

Problem is, I'm at a loss as to which storage max to get. As I imagine many of the good Penny Arcade community use their iPhones for the same gaming purposes I would, I'd love some feedback! Here's my planned usage.

-Getting the iPhone 5 on Friday.
-Mostly gaming and a very reasonable amount of it.
-I don't take much in the way of pictures or video, though I may take more pix with a better camera.
-I plan on using the iPhone as my primary source of music though I doubt my total collection will exceed a gig or two (provided it's still roughly 1MB per minute of music?)
-I tend to enjoy the nicer console quality games. I hear they can pass a gig even today.
-I want a phone that I'm not going to cuss at for the next two years because it doesn't have enough storage.
-That said, I don't want to spend $100 or $200 more if I'm not going to use it.

So what's the word, Penny Arcade Gamers? How big are the nicer iPhone games? How big will they be in a year? Can I skate by with 16gig? (I remember working at Best Buy and selling the first 1gig hard drives for $500...) Is 32gigs the just right? Do you need to go ass in and get the 64gigs for a whopping $400 if your phone is your primary mobile gaming device?

Thanks in advance!
Can't wait until Friday....

Xander25 on