As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

how do elves even know how to build a god damn Smartphone anyways

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And we haven't been throwing shit at each other for thousands of years which was an important evolutionary step.

But I don't talk about that every day.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    blake: the biggest curmudgeon

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Stupid debate cause we never actually went to the moon

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    They swapped out my phone with basically 0 hassle
    One plus for Apple

I think my volume up button on this new one has less clickyness and tension then it should! Am I crazy
    Maybe I should bring it back
    Mrahhh

Talked to my friend who works there when he was on break

I ain't gonna update this phone yet myself I'm just gonna update my iPad. I need Google maps for now.

poo
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    We are nothing if not shit flinging animals

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    #pipe wrote: »
    can't you like

look up transit maps and times in safari?

http://www.soundtransit.org/Trip-Planner.xml

aw fuck I totally forgot about that site. That's fuckin perfect. Better, even, then google maps was, in terms of accuracy and route planning.

Still looking forward to getting a combined mapping app, but this works a treat. Thanks, Handy Banana Man!

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Mine is refusing to update.

annoying.

• Options
    mine is downloading

so so slowly

damn my awful internet

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Is the new iOS update coming out already?

I couldn't update till I get home anyway.

• Options
    I guess a less clicky volume button isn't a big deal..

poo
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    can't you like

look up transit maps and times in safari?

http://www.soundtransit.org/Trip-Planner.xml

aw fuck I totally forgot about that site. That's fuckin perfect. Better, even, then google maps was, in terms of accuracy and route planning.

Still looking forward to getting a combined mapping app, but this works a treat. Thanks, Handy Banana Man!

Just like

old fashioned transit planning

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Holy crow - 120gb ssd for $79

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Well, I looked up my account on AT&T and found out I'm eligible for an upgrade. Though I don't know if I should do it online, at one of the brick and mortars, or the kiosk at work. I know I'll get the most peripherals from the kiosk, but I'd rather have the best deal on the two year plan. Are there differences in plan between the three of them? I haven't really started to look at the kiosk or B&Ms yet.

• Options
    So.

This site has a summary of the top pin numbers. ho ho ho, pin numbers.

http://www.datagenetics.com/blog/september32012/index.html

1234 still has the ten percent of the market.

The top four (so 0.04% of possible options) account for 19.807 percent of the market. Banks let you try four times to get the pin right before they eat your card.

This has been your for today explaining how stupid people are.

• Options
    oh
    god

so glad i did not update to iOS6 apple maps on my phone

holy shit

i search for some address on my updated iPad, say, 200 5th Ave, New York, NY
    it gives me 200 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY

I look and see that um, every address in Brooklyn is listed as New York, NY

this is not a good thing, this is bad, and incorrect completely

(at least the 3d rendering is cool, though in manhattan it stops at 113th st, rendering 2 of my college dorms, but not my campus =/ )

poo
  • Options
    i put in my office's address without a zip code and it will take me to the wrong city

poo
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wow, that is... Bad.

• Options
    iOS 6.01, available from tomorrow!

• Options
    I couldn't get my phone to work, but I set the iPad to update ota as I left for work today so we'll see how that goes.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Wow, that is... Bad.

in queens the mailing addresses aren't even supposed to be queens, ny
    they're flushing, ny or long island city, ny
    in apple maps it's all new york, ny

i wouldn't care if it didn't mean that searching for something in manhattan didn't take me to the wrong freaking city, come on apple, did they have no one test this shit for a city as big as new york

poo
  • Options
    i put in my office's address without a zip code and it will take me to the wrong city

To be fair, I'd do this with google maps and it would occasionally do this to me as well.

I'm confused why they don't look at your location before they do it.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

To be fair, I'd do this with google maps and it would occasionally do this to me as well.

i assume they do

but, for example, this route:
    http://goo.gl/maps/Qen2U
    (200 5th Ave, New York, NY to 200 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY)
    in apple maps gives me directions that take me 3 feet to the same location unless i put in the zip code as well

poo
  • Options
    That's dumb.

• Options
    Hmmm so I'm playing with the idea of going off contract buying a phone outright and doing a sell and buy routine every year.

I'm stuck between my current provider is currently serviceable (barely) but cheap and if I own the phone outright if things go tits up I can say fuck eggs and bail at any time and move to the significantly more expensive provider.

Thoughts?

• Options

yeah this happened to me fairly often even with the old maps app so

• Options
    this replacement iphone is not connecting to my home wifi

no make sense

ipad connects

iphone i had this morning did too

how i troubleshoot?

poo
  • Options
    Restart. Connect to the network, forget and rejoin.

Restart the router. See if you can connect to some free wifi.

• Options
    No wait did you go up to io6? It's apparently A Problem.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Hmmm so I'm playing with the idea of going off contract buying a phone outright and doing a sell and buy routine every year.

I'm stuck between my current provider is currently serviceable (barely) but cheap and if I own the phone outright if things go tits up I can say fuck eggs and bail at any time and move to the significantly more expensive provider.

Thoughts?

This is what I do

boils down to your paying around $300 a year for the newest iPhone

a system that I think is well worth it

• Options
    The only issue is that with my last trip abroad I flat fucking broke and I need to front up with nine hundred bones.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I wish I could remember all of the inane "so in Australia do they have" questions that bogey asked me.

It was like I was a moon person to him.

Oh I remembered another one.

He asked me if we had bars where we could talk loudly.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think tube regaled him with stories of English Pubs where grumpy old men peered over warm pints and glared at anyone for talking and having a good time.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

Thoughts?

This is what I do

boils down to your paying around $300 a year for the newest iPhone

a system that I think is well worth it

S'what I've done. Prepaid, I go where I want, when I want.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i upgraded to ios 6 on my ipad

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

all good?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Man, the fantastic four has left me so jaded now that I know what cosmic rays actually do.

...so cosmic rays are a real thing?

yup. usually light atomic nuclei moving at relativistic speeds. they can fuck up your DNA something proper, but typically that just gives you cancer and sterility. they can also flip bits in computer systems if they happen to hit the right location

sig.png
  • Options
    You know looking at it closer I can ride off Optus' network but through a reseller and halve my monthly cost to like twenty bucks a month.

That's like, a super good deal. The only thing is that it's using their new sim card so who the fuck knows how I'm going to make this work.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

all good?
    seems to be running fine, haven't spent much time with it yet though

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Ignoring the lack of directions, the map app on iPad is very pleasant to use.

Just little stuff like rotating the maps and stuff.

3d flyover for Perth is non existant though.

• Options
    i am tempted to bring this phone back because the volume up button is driving me nutters
    why didnt i notice in the store

poo
This discussion has been closed.